Yins story part 2
228 10 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up, Yin stayed in bed reflecting on her dream.

unlike Inari who was too busy for lesser beings such as herself, had Kira shown she was seeking those worthy of her time, she might have pretended to be nothing amazing and claiming she didn't desire servitude from anyone, but Yin knew this was the ultimate test.

The first part of the test was being the ability to see Kira for what she truly was, those who couldn't also make it clear that they didn't deserve to serve under her.

Yin had immediately sensed Kira, but Shino had been dismissive, and not before grabbing Kira had Shino realized the mistake she had made, while Kira had clearly forgiven Shino did that also mean Shino had immediately done worse than herself, and as such, She had been rewarded by being asked to stand while Shino was still kneeling, Kira hadn't rated them based on their power, but upon who had recognized her true essence first.

Further being asked to not actively show servitude did Yin see as another challenge, Kira wanted someone who could serve without it needing to be out in the open, someone who could fulfill her needs and serve without needing to shout to everyone else how good they were at serving, that was at least how Yin had interpreted it.

And Kira was right, that right there would be the true test of the ability of the one serving because it included attending to Kiras needs and know what she wanted without being told to do so and without being able to ask.

Yin felt that While Kira's requirements were tough were they also very fair, and she was certain once she had passed the tests would Kira hopefully be willing to grant Yin her protection and as such allow her the peace of mind of knowing that nobody would ever be able to harm her or take anyone away from her again, because between her and the darkness of the world would there be a wall named Kira and that was a wall that could only be rivaled by the great Inari herself, anyone who still wanted to try anything were utter fools!

Yin had been very happy, to see that Kira had acknowledged and paid attention to the small things, even paying attention to when she had last slept, this only confirmed to Yin she had been right in the assumption of it being another test.

Yin did also think it could be she just didn't like public displays of her power as that would only attract more people who likely weren't deserving of serving her in the first place, just like Inari only accepted Kitsune who had proven themselves by ascending, Kira, on the other hand, seemed to be judging based on loyalty and actions disregarding power, and keeping a lower profile would only those who could see her for what she was be included into the potential list of those Kira would allow to actively serve her.

Yin hadn't been worried about those in the shrine who desired to worship Kira, the fact that they had recognized her greatness was only right and in such Yin had guided them in trying to find the same balance she had been working on by being on the fine line of not actively serving and worshiping her in the open.

Yin knew that Kira would likely soon leave the shrine, she only prayed that she would be allowed to follow along on her journey, if Kira accepted her as her personal attendant on that journey it would mean she had passed all tests and by that extension would have earned Kiras protection, Yin couldn't imagine a single thing any kitsune could be prouder of. To many of Kitsune was their highest goal to be allowed to serve Inari directly, however, everyone knew Inari still kept a certain distance even to those who served her.

while Yin on the other hand was getting a chance to become the personal attendant of Kira, the mere thought felt Yins chest with giddiness, she wouldn't ever impose her desires on Kira but she did wonder if she served her well enough that  Kira would grant her the favor of saving her mom if she was still alive, or at the very least bring the Duke to justice like the piece of human scum he is.

A small part of Yin also wondered if Kira one day would grant her a new ascension in her image instead of Inaris snow-white fur, just imagine the pride in holding the title of the first ascended Kitsune in Kiras image instead of Inari.

Hope these chapters helped give a better insight into Yins' reasons for why she is acting as she does.

I honestly struggled for a while to figure out how and when to add the backstory, while I tried to refrain from being too detailed and I kind of did remove some of the more needless graphical stuff, did I feel this chapter was important moving forward.

Thanks to all of those who took the time to give their input on my announcement, I'm kind of satisfied with how I managed to split the chapter in half so people could at least still experience part of it.

as always thanks for reading and
STAY PAWSOME! <3

11