Preparations
156 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kira felt a bit somber after having said goodbye to Inari and Chaos but both the Twins seemed to be in a good mood and were looking at her with expectant expressions.

"So when are we moving out to see the realm?"

Aether asked with giddiness in her voice.

"It's been a few thousand years since we have last been here would be nice to see how things have progressed"

Nox added while visibly more calm than Aether.

Kira frowned.

"I realize it is probably boring being cooped up here in the shrine and you're free to do what you want, but I really should ensure Yin is OK before I do anything.

She pushed herself rather hard with very little sleep and I owe her to at least not simply disappear on her as she has been doing a lot to try to help me acclimate here in the Shrine."

Aether didn't respond negatively to the rejection instead simply showed more excitement.

"Yin that's the little mortal of yours mom told us about right?

I really want to meet her, I heard she had enough moxie to tell even Inari off while stating her only allegiance was towards you, I really adore mortals like that, they are much less boring to be around."

Kira got rather confused, she still remembered how Yin had initially completely fangirled in regards to Inari, not quite sure what to make of it Kira simply decided that it was better to let Yin tell what happened instead of relying on speculation.

the three of them moved out of the Main shrine and started to head towards Kira and Yins' shared room, it had been quite some time since Kira had initially put Yin asleep and she was convinced Yin would be slightly perturbed to find herself alone.

on the way there they ran into Yin who was headed towards the Shrine with a determined look.

Panicking slightly Kira speed up her own time, and caught the Twins' attention.

Both Twins was initially surprised at how seamless Kira had managed to do so but figured it wasn't without a purpose so they politely went along.

"Please do me a favor both of you"

Kira asked the twins.

Aether replied immediately.

"Anything for you sis!"

while Nox followed along a bit after.

"I'm sure we will try our best to accommodate your wishes so please do go ahead"

Kira felt grateful that Aether and Nox at least were willing to hear her out she was however slightly doubtful how successful her request to be they were essentially gods who had existed for many years and she had caught the hint that neither of them seemed to think much more of Yin than a temporary amusement, while she didn't really blame them for that mindset was it also something Kira found slightly upsetting.

"Yin is a child I suspect had a hard time, I don't know what happened to her but she hinted at something causing her and the other Kitsune cubs here at the shrine to despise humans and it likely couldn't have been good.

Yin has done her best to try to welcome me and make me feel content here at the shrine and even excusing some of the obvious lack of common knowledge I lack in this realm.

If possible I would really like you guys to treat her with the respect she has earned from doing her utmost to help me in everything I could have needed."

Aether and Nox gave each other a knowing glance.

"I'm extremely happy you found someone so quickly, and I fully respect your choice given how Mom explained her actions to us she more than deserves it"

Aether said looking at Kira like she had just announced she was getting married.

"Aether is right, normally I would advise against offering that position to a simple mortal girl, but I do believe in her potential from what I heard so I can only approve"

Nox added on with a polite smile.

Kira had a strong feeling they both had somehow completely misinterpreted what she was trying to ask, but they had agreed to give Yin respect instead of treating her like a simple toy for amusement so ultimately Kira felt she had achieved her goal.

Stepping down again into the normal time flow Yin finally saw them and ran up.

However, her expression upon seeing the twins first went into a vicious hate until it quickly turned into a frown, and then it looked like she has a massive revelation, and turned into a bright smile.

Had Kira not been looking at Yin for the entire time would she likely never have caught it.

Looking Yin in the eyes with a questioning glance

Yin moved the rest of the way up and bowed.

"Sorry, that was rather unsightly of me, I just woke and I thought for a moment that Kira was letting herself be escorted by lowly humans

but getting a better look I see that isn't the case

you have a similar kind of energy to you that I sensed in Chaos, am I right to assume you are related"

Aether barely waited for Yin to finish talking before she burst out.

"Yes we are the daughters of Chaos and Kiras sisters, we are most pleased to meet Kiras chosen

I'm Aether and the one next to me is Nox"

Nox gave a polite wave but remained silent simply staring at Yin.

after what seemed like an eternity of awkward silence to Kira Nox did speak up.

"Yes I am impressed, Kira has chosen well, your spiritual flow is under great control for someone so young and you have a lot of untapped potential, especially the fact that you managed to pick up on our relation to Chaos, it is easy to tell our energy is different but to Link, it straight to our mother at such a young age, do however make sure to train properly or someone will quickly try to use you against our sister."

Kira saw Yin move through more emotions in the span of a second upon hearing the word chosen than she figured was healthy, and their insistence on both Twins using that word she had a slight nagging feeling something was getting out of hand based on a misinterpretation by the twins.

###

Yins point of view.

After shaking her night terror off her and getting to a point where she felt presentable again she got up and packed some of her most important books and a keepsake of her mom she had never letten go of, she could only pray that Kira hadn't left her behind and that she had proven herself worthy enough, all her effort and her hope were relying on this, and she knew that Kira would be leaving the shrine soon if she had remained in this realm, she knew packing already was silly but she also didn't allow herself to even consider the option of her effort not have been enough, she knew she wasn't powerful enough so normally there was no way a lowly unascended Kitsune would have a chance, but Kira had shown she wanted something else than just power when she rejected Shino, So she had to keep up hope.

After packing, Yin decided she would head to the main Shrine and wait for Kiras' decision.

before getting there though in the distance Yin had seen Kira and gotten excited, she hadn't left!

but she immediately saw the twins, and couldn't believe it Lady Kira was letting herself be escorted by lowly humans. How fucking dare they think they are worth even an inch of Kiras time taking advantage of her kindness, but sensing their spiritual energy she immediately felt confused and then it dawned on her that it reminded her of lady Chaos and Lady Chaos had also kind of looked human if you didn't think about her hair and her eyes, but the energy Chaos had been constantly letting out had been just as potent as lady Inari which had easily ensured no one could ever mistake her for a human, the twins' energy was much more muted like they were just a drop in the mist trying to hide, the weird thing however was she couldn't feel Kira at all, but it wasn't the first time she had seen Kira do that the day she had been taught about foxfire by Shino, only when using her abilities had Yin been able to feel her energy at all.

Yin caught the stare that Kira was given her, and she very quickly realized that she had been letting all of her emotions show, and she had shown disgust and hate towards Lady Kiras esteemed companions, she could only hope that it wouldn't affect Kiras choice in making her, Kiras personal attendant.

It was the first true mistake Yin felt she had made, and walking up she felt horrified while she apologized.

Both the Twins had however not seemed to notice, although the black-haired one probably had but was simply acting like she hadn't.

During Aethers introduction, Yins mind froze at a single word. Chosen, She had called her Kiras Chosen.

Happiness, relief, and pride swelled up in Yin all at the same time, if her mom or dad could see her now, she had become the chosen attendant of Lady Kira the daughter of Lady Inari.

She was the first unascended Kitsune to ever be allowed to serve.

The black-haired girl who was apparently Lady Kiras sister had been silently judging her for a while, the fear was swelling inside of Yins chest, had she seen her unsightly behavior earlier?

Yin was deadly afraid that Nox was going to tell Kira to reconsider and to find someone more fit, but much to her surprise the black-haired one had also acknowledged her.

Yin did however feel it as a punch in the gut when Nox had brought up her weakness and the fact she could be used against Kira, she saw her parents in her mind turning their prideful expressions into expressions of deep shame in the span of a second.

There was no way Yin would ever allow herself to become such a burden.

8