Chapter 114
5.4k 8 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky 114

The Red Tempest Clan. It was a Clan that had the ability to control heat. As of the current state, Bronal Robinson was the current Patriarch of the Clan. 

Robinson was the surname of the person who built the Clan. At first, Red Tempest Clan was made by twelve different Clans that had the power to control heat and turn it into fire. The Robison Family was the head. Although as time passed, the families slowly merged because of arranged marriages to strengthen their powers and Term Attributes. Then, they officially declared their families as a Clan as a whole. So despite having different surnames, they were all connected by blood because all of them had arranged marriages between one another to maintain their abilities. 

And right now, Scarlett was facing the Clan elders. They were the head of the Twelve Families under the Clan. So far, their conversation was fine but Scarlett knew the reason she was called. 

Scarlett glanced at her father who was sitting at the highest position. Bronal was the only person who reached DemiGod in their whole Clan. So it was worthy for him to become the Patriarch. 

Bronal was staring at her and the elders around. Never did he open his mouth the whole time. 

"… One day, I will take that seat."

Scarlett whispered but her voice was so heavy. The only way to have freedom was to topple this Clan and rebuild it to her liking. She was not the type who avoid the problem, she was going to fix it one way or another.

"Ah, now that I think about it. Scarlett, I heard that your engagement with the first young master of Cudgel was canceled."

Scarlett smirked. It seemed like their true intention was showing. Just like always, she was going to be used as a tool to further strengthen the Clan. Just like what happened last time, the worst was Bronal agreed to their proposition last time. 

"Do you remember Methecula from the Rosanic Clan of the neighboring country Junian? I heard he's currently trying to find -"

"I'm sorry Elder Scroll but I don't have any intention of getting into a relationship right now. I'm trying to do my best to become 3rd Advanced."

"No, I don't have any intention of doing that, I just want to-"

"You don't have to worry, my cultivation is rapidly increasing."

Scarlett stopped his words before he could even finish.

'You old stinky man, I bet you gained something from them. Methecula? I'm much talented than him so don't bother telling his name again.'

She sneered internally.

Genetic is a major factor for the Clan. Just like how Marianne inherited her features of being an Elf, the Red Tempest Clan was taking genetic as important stuff. 

Scarlett was a talented woman, she was the youngest person who became 2nd Advanced. It was apparent that her children would be talented too, perhaps more talented than her. 

'It's disgusting, I am not a pig that will birth for your conveniences.'

She admitted that this Clan was fucked up from the inside out. She glanced at Bronal who was still indifferent. 

She was hoping that her father would protect her, she was disappointed that her father didn't defend her at all. 

The conversation kept going on, this meeting was actually for the elders to congratulate Scarlett yet some of them pestered her about having arranged marriage. Of course Scarlett denied them without a problem. She only have one person who she wanted to marry with. 

"I think it will be better for the Clan if Scarlett married a stronger Vindicator from the other Clan. Maybe we can arrange her to a Clan Master so that their offspring would become-"

"That's a stupid idea."

It was a heavy voice and the meeting hall was shaken. Bronal opened his mouth for the first time. 

"Scarlett will never marry a Clan Master, I can agree that her partner should be talented and worthy but I will not Scarlett to enter another Clan as a wife. It will be such a waste for Scarlett to do that, she's a Robinson, a member of the Red Tempest Clan. She will work for the Clan. I can arrange her to any talented guy but she will remain as a Robinson, the engagement with Chen Cudgel will be the last time, I don't want any connection to any young masters. So all of you here, I want you to listen... From now on, I will declare that Scarlett will be the who will inherit the position of Patriarch."

His eyes were burning with literal fire as he said those.

"W- what!!?"

All of the elders were greatly shaken. Even Scarlett was surprised, she didn't think that Bronal would say that. 

"But our Clan was always led by a male!"

One of them protested, trying to defend the policies that their Clan upholds. 

"Yes, but it didn't change the fact that Scarlett is the number one candidate for the position. As long as there's no person who can beat her cultivation, then my decision will remain."

The elders gritted their teeth. So far, in Scarlett's generation, she was the only one who achieved great feats so they couldn't nominate someone who could fill the position of the successor. 

"..."

Scarlett stared at her father. She immediately understood the gist. She clenched her fists. At last, she was given a chance. 

This means that as long as Scarlett continued her cultivation, her position as the successor would never be evoked and she was free from any arranged marriage at the same time.

This was Bronal's way to protect Scarlett. 

Bronal didn't look at her. But his intention was obvious. 

Once was enough, he almost hurt her daughter by getting her engaged to a sicko like Chen. 

This was Bronal's way to help her. It all depends on Scarlett if she could protect her position. Their Clan prioritized talent, and Scarlett has that. As long as she showed achievements, her position as the next Clan Leader would be apparent. 

But it had another meaning too, once another Clan member showed talent equal or greater than her, Scarlett would be sold to the other Clan. It was dreadful. 

'But I'm ready to take the challenge. People know me as the youngest 2nd Advanced. Then I will beat another record. I will be the youngest 3rd Advanced…'

That could happen. Although she had to have sex with Calix for around hundreds of times. It was not sure but, you know, Luck can find a way. 

93