Chapter 229 part 1
2.4k 1 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky 229 part 1

An hour ago, Nikki Stringedo was lost by the endless wave of monsters spawning in every direction. When she realized that she was alone and her team was not in the vicinity, she decided to find them. Nikki understood that Calix would find Scarlett, so she planned to find Scarlett. 

However, on the way, she found a group of civilians that were trapped in the middle of the monster horde. She could see dead bodies lying on the ground, and the scream of people asking for help tugged her heart. 

After all, Nikki is a soldier, she has an honest heart and it would be devastating if she wouldn't do something. So she gritted her teeth and did her best to save them. 

Nikki raised her weapon, killing the monsters that blocked her way. She received wounds but thankfully, they were not fatal. Perhaps she should thank someone for increasing her Luck. 

The battle was tiring, and Nikki was not even a TA User. Unlike the 2nd Advanced TA User, Nikki's was weaker. 

When she reached the civilians, she realized that most of them were dead and some were fatally wounded. 

"Wwaaahhhh!!! Save me!!"

"Mama!!! Mama!!!"

"Somebody Toucha My Spaghet!!!"

They were screaming, and probably some of them lost their minds. 

"Follow me!!"

Nikki yelled although it sounds like a normal talking voice for the civilians. Still, they didn't hesitate and followed her. This giant woman looked strong with her mighty hammer. 

Nikki decided to take them to the nearest evacuation era. Sadly, it was not that easy. 

Monsters blocked their way and all of the civilians died. Nikki did her best, but she failed to save them. One by one, the people lost their lives and Nikki witnessed everything. 

Then, suddenly, a realization struck her. These people were not protected by blessings... 

'Perhaps their deaths are already written...'

Fear shook her. Does that mean that saving them is futile because they are still going to die? 

"So what? Do they have to be Lucky just like me? That's unfair!!"

Her expression was miserable, she experienced unfair life but it didn't mean that she wanted to see others suffering. 

Her eyes were red, and tears unconsciously flow. 

She thought of her daughter, Nikki was worried that something happened to Patricia. After all, Patricia was not Lucky. It was fucked up idea. 

This situation would make anyone crazy, even a gentle woman like Nikki. 

She clenched her hammer and looked at the monsters surrounding her. Nikki realized what it meant to be in despair. She experienced it when she almost died on the island. If not for Calix saving her, she won't see her daughter again. 

Nikki closed her eyes. 

'Nikki it's okay... Just believe that everything will be okay. After all, you are Luck--'

"Ack!!"

Nikki started coughing blood. Her chest was pierced by a sharp spear. Her Battlesuit was punctured. She turned around and found a 3rd-Class Umibozo. The monster was grinning, knowing that it pierced the target. 

Nikki was shocked. She wanted to pull out the spear but she understood that more blood would pour out so she insisted despite being in horrible pain. Blood started coming out of her mouth. 

"W- why?"

She asked herself.

She thought that as long as she was Lucky, nothing bad would happen to her. 

'Am I wrong? Is there something that I don't know?'

Tears started blurring her vision. Her breathing began to weaken. She saw the monsters rushing toward her, she was slowly losing her strength. 

"Indeed, nothing last forever."

It was known that Calix's Luck has limitations although the boundary was unknown. Maybe this situation was meant to be. 

Nikki was going to die.

"..."

However, Nikki didn't stop. Her hands strongly clutched her hammer and made a warcry!

"Aaaahhhhhh!!!"

She roared and smashed the first obstacle. Monsters flew across, mangled and unmoving. 

"This is not over!!"

This was one of the few moments that Nikki roared, perhaps something awakened inside her. 

Indeed, something awakened inside her. 

There is an instance of a normal person awakening her Term Attribute. Some awakened it in a near-death situation where life and death converged. 

And right now, Nikki awakened hers. 

"Graaahhh!!"

She roared like a beast. Slowly, her mind lost its focus. However, the wound in her chest started closing. Even the spear stuck in her chest came out. 

Nikki became a mindless beast that attacked everything around her. 

She went berserk. 

It's morbin time!!

[Nikki Stringendo]

[Berserk Term Attribute]

[Fuel: Have to be fatally wounded]

[Backlash: She will become a Berserker and lose her sanity once fatally wounded.]

Yup, Nikki has to be fatally wounded to morb. 

What's more, her Backlash and Fuel are directly connected. Once she achieved her Fuel, the Backlash would follow. 

To make the matter worse(luckier), the hammer that Nikki was holding awakened too.

[Detecting Ogre's characteristics, commencing.]

Corco, Nikki's hammer awakened. The golden linings of the hammer glow up and lost their vibrant. But immediately, the hammer started to enlarge. 

Corco's ability was to make the host and itself bigger. So right now, Nikki became bigger too. 

Her whole physique looked like a giant. With the hammer in her hands and a ferocious temperament, Nikki delivered havoc upon the battle. Her appearance was almost identical to the ancient ogres. The ancient species of ogres who fought against the Demons. 

.........

......

...

On the other side of the island. 

"Damn, I was thinking of having a week off but it seems like there's no rest day for me."

Esmeralda Margaret was looking at the eerie crimson moon with mixed emotions. 

She intended to recruit Yuna and the other girls to join her team. Her contact was staying in the port, ready to meet her tomorrow. However, the Blood Moon happened so it looked like the plan won't go on. 

"In this situation, I can't use my full power."

Her power is darkness, but the whole place is bright, well, brightly red, as the sky is color red. 

"Anyway, I can still do this."

The monsters that were hiding around screamed in pain. They didn't know why but their shadows punctured their own bodies. 

Esmeralda started walking forward, she sensed the powerful creature lurking under the ocean. Based on its presence, it was a massive creature. 

Support me using Power Stones in Webnovel or visit my Pat reon and Ko-fi!!

48