Chapter 258
1.9k 1 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky 258

[Shout out to Black!]

[This novel has 67 chapters, 2 PDFS, and 10 character gifs on Pat reon.]

"... So here I am again. Inside a room and I don't even know how I get here."

Calix sighed. He knew that the Vice-president was keeping a Dungeon, this was a place where death-row criminals were staying before they died. 

'This is the place where criminals are tortured too. They say that this place is a myth, but I confirmed that this place is true when they took Leon.'

Using Mento, he found the location of the Dungeon. It was under the Vice-president mansion's. 

"That's right. The woman built a fucking Dungeon under her house and she used it to punish criminals."

Esmeralda is unhinged, and she did not give a fuck. 

Calix recalled how Leon suffered through torture. Using his tracking device, he found how horrible this place was. Leon wanted to die instead of being tortured, this showed how terrifying this place was. 

"I have to calm down, panicking will not help me. Perhaps it is a good thing that this is not my first time being kidnapped."

He looked composed. Facing the Blood Moon and killing the Leviathan showed him that there were more frightening things in the world. 

"And being abducted is not that scary... Especially if you have a plot armor that will protect you but fuck you up sometimes."

He trusted his ability, but sometimes his power was putting him in deep shit. 

"I swear, maybe meeting Sergio Osmeña and killing him is Lucky, but being abducted by a powerful DemiGod is not a fortuitous situation."

In a way, Calix did not trust his power. All he could do was believe in himself. 

His arms were being tied by rusty metallic cuffs across the wall. Furthermore, his feet were locked too. 

"Damn, I can't even sit. The chains are too short."

His shoulders were actually aching from being held up for too long. 

The scene was too fast. Calix remembered that Esmeralda enveloped him with darkness and then he just realized that he was here and his limbs were all tied. 

He took a deep breath. He discerned that there were guards five meters away from his cell, he could hear their subtle conversation. He looked around and learned that the walls were tough and thick, it was hard to break them, and breaking the walls may cause disaster. 

They were underground and they might get buried alive if the walls fall down. 

"I know that I can breathe under the water but I'm not sure if I can do that under the ground."

So it was better to be safe. 

Calix glanced around, and he decided to start his plan. He had to finish it before the guards could hear his movement. 

'Esmeralda will definitely return. She said that she wants to talk to me, she is probably curious how I injured a Demon-God.'

Esmeralda was there when Calix shot the Bakunawa, she witnessed what he did. She was curious and she wanted to know if Calix could be useful. 

'She will not kill me, but she will do something. I have to escape before that happened.'

Calix was the only son of General Andreas Romoel, so his position was sensitive, Esmeralda could not do anything extreme that might endanger his life. 

Using the momentum, Calix bounced his necklace and caught Mento(the keychain gun) using his mouth. 

"Mento, activate grinder."

Using a hacksaw was time-consuming so he decided to go with loud but fast cutting. His grinder was sharp that it would only take a few seconds to cut metals. 

The grinder materialized and Calix easily cut the rusty chains. One by one, he cut the metals and freed himself. 

Then, Calix used a destructive shotgun to destroy the prison door. It only took three shots to bust open the door. 

But this caused the people in the surroundings to hear his escape. 

"Someone is escaping!!!"

The guards were alert. A few months ago, this Dungeon was raided and all of the guards and criminals died. It was known that the Council of Torment attacked this Dungeon. 

Therefore, the new guards were alert and they did not want that tragedy to happen again. The guards were professional Vindicators and they experienced near-death situations.

When they found that a young man came out of his cell, the guards did not hesitate and cast their spells. 

Thankfully, Calix was prepared because he was wearing a C- Series Battlesuit. 

He charged at the guards and used a desert eagle to shoot them. He used tranquilizers so he was not afraid to hurt them. 

His bullets and the guards' spells were firing toward each other. Calix hit every one of them and the guards started losing their strength and fell to the ground. 

"I- Impossible!! How can you dodge all of our Spells?"

One of them asked. They witnessed something incredible, Calix ran towards them and he successfully dodged their attacks. Even for experienced fighters like them, that would be impossible. 

"Oh, that? I actually don't know. I just walked straight."

Calix shrugged. 

"You..."

The guards started falling asleep. The bullets that hit them were potent and the effect was fast. 

"Phew. Now, I have to--"

Calix immediately sensed that something was wrong, he quickly turned around and pulled the trigger. 

"Woah, I can't believe that you defeat seventeen guards. That's impressive."

Esmeralda grinned. The bullet was caught by her darkness. She appeared because she realized that Calix escaped. When she emerged, she found that Calix defeated the guards that she personally picked. 

'Shit!'

Calix cursed inwardly. This woman was so fast. He did not even feel her presence. It was already too late when she got close. Perhaps this was the ability of the woman who could control the darkness, she could erase her presence. 

"... So I can't escape?"

He asked. 

"Yes. We are not on the same level, I can cut your legs if I want to."

She was not lying, Calix could see it. However, it didn't mean that he was afraid. 

"No, I still have a chance."

He did not waver. Even if the woman was known as the strongest warrior in their country, Calix would not back down. 

46