Chapter 281
2.2k 5 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucky 281

As for Nikki, she was blushing for being praised.

Laura glanced at her daughter, hiding her frown. Then, she looked at Calix and smiled. Using her small height, she used the best angle to distract Calix.

'It's a good thing that I'm wearing V- necklines that emphasizes my cleavage, fufu.'

She slyly grinned. She slightly bowed so that Calix could see her nice cleavage. 

Calix took a glance but he did not react. Instead, he approached Nikki who was taking care of Patricia who was sleeping. 

"I bought fruits."

Calix took a basket of fruits out of his spatial ring and put it on the table. 

"Thank you."

"It's not that a big thing, you know that I'm worried about Patricia too."

"Hm."

Nikki sweetly smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear. 

"I will peel you some apples."

"Thank you."

Calix approached Patricia who was currently sleeping. 

"How's Patricia?"

"She's fine. The doctors said that she will be sleepy for the rest of the week, but overall, she is healthy."

"Thank God."

Calix wanted to ask what happened to the kidnappers but Laura was with them so he kept his mouth shut. 

'Perhaps Nikki crushed them around... She's a monster when she transforms.'

Nikki needed to be heavily injured to go berserk. She is like the Hulk. Once going berserk, it was impossible to stop her. 

"You don't have to worry about the money, I will pay for everything."

Calix assured her, knowing that Nikki was having a financial crisis. 

'She is looking for a house. The last apartment that she found was destroyed by the Aberrants.'

Since the Port of Aoneon was in shambles, most of the properties were destroyed. 

"You don't have to. I can pay for it."

She shook her. She was happy that Calix was worried but she would never ask for help. She had to stand up by herself. 

"Maybe I can help you find a house. There's a nice apartment here."

"I actually found one, I'm just taking my time to sort things out."

"Here in the Capitolium?"

"Yeah."

"How much?"

Calix was curious as he knew that an apartment in the Capitolium cost six to seven digits annually. 

"2,000 dollars per month. It's already good for us, there are two rooms, a living room, a kitchen, and a nice bathroom."

"Really? That's amazing."

2,000 dollars per month, for an apartment in the Capitolium, that's impossible to find. Perhaps only Nikki could accomplish it. 

"Although I have to pay for electricity and water, so I guess around 3,000 to 3,500 dollars."

She calculated in her mind. She had to think about the living expenses too. 

"That's still amazing."

"Thanks."

"..."

Laura was dumbfounded listening to their conversation. 

She bit her lip.

She was dumbstruck when she witnessed how Calix took out a basket of fruits from his spatial ring. 

'... Nikki found a real deal... What the fuck?'

She understood that someone who had a valuable item like a spatial ring was a rich person. 

'... Fucking bitch.'

She muttered under her breath. 

She glared at Nikki, hiding her thoughts. 

'She found a rich man and she didn't even inform me. This daughter of mine, after what I sacrificed to give birth to her, this is how she treats me?'

She could not accept the lovely atmosphere between the two.

"Oh my sweet Patricia~

Laura approached her granddaughter and started acting pitifully. 

"I'm so sad that this happens to you. If not because of your mother who's always working away from home, huhuhu. Your mother is irresponsible."

She stroked Patricia's hair. 

Nikki paused for a second, but she controlled her trembling hands and continued peeling the apples. 

"Oh, by the way. Calix I didn't know your job?"

"I'm a soldier."

"Ah, I thought so. Haha. Of course, a man is only good as a soldier, that's their job."

"... Excuse me?"

"Anyway, how much money do you earn?"

Her eyes twinkled with that. She was deeply curious about how much he makes. 

Calix's eyelid twitched.

There are things that you should not ask men:

1) Their salary

2) Their penis size

3) Who was in Paris 

4) What they're doing at 3 AM 

"... Private information, so I think I have to decline."

"Mou, you don't have to be secretive, it's just me~"

She got closer until she could smell his scent. 

'Hm, he smells good. No cologne, but he smells so manly.'

She licked her lips. 

'How about I take this one? After all, Nikki can't keep a man. Gosh, I can't believe that she was impregnated by someone and dumped the child on me.'

"So~ What's your father's job?"

She started asking questions, to show that she was interested in him. 

'Of course, that's the best way. I just have to act like I want to know him.'

"My father works in the military too."

'... Thought so. Man's job is nothing but being a soldier. Aside from that, I think they are stupid to have any job.'

"Eh? So you're from a military family?"

Her eyes fakely widened. 

"Yeah, my father is actually General Romoel."

"... Seriously?"

"Um, Mrs. Stringendo I think you're pulling Patricia's hair too much."

"Oh, I'm sorry about that."

She covered her mouth and giggled. 

'What? His father is General Romoel? Damn, he is definitely filthy rich. Now I know why he has a spatial ring. His father probably gave it to him.'

"Mom."

Nikki gave Calix a plate of peeled apples. Then, she turned to Laura who was acting like a bitch. 

"I want to talk to Calix, so can you please give us some time?"

"Ah, look at my manners. I'm sorry. Don't worry, I will leave now. Bye Patricia~"

She gave her granddaughter a pat.

"Nikki don't forget about what I said to you earlier, okay?"

"... I'll contact you later."

"See yah~"

Before she left, she gave Calix a flirty gaze. 

The atmosphere eased when she was gone.

"Phew, I'm sorry about that. You see, my mother doesn't see me as her daughter."

Nikki looked sad. 

Calix grabbed her hand and gently squeezed it. He kissed the back of her hand. 

"I can see that you have a rough childhood."

"Hm."

"Does she know where you live?"

"No, I didn't say it to her."

"Good. Don't give her money."

"Calix?"

Nikki was shocked. 

"You don't have to give someone like her your money. It's your money, you worked hard for that money. So don't give it."

His gaze, it was ordering her to obey. 

Nikki gulped and nodded her head. 

"I- I will. Just for you, I will do anything."

[This novel has 71 chapters, 2 PDFS, and 10 character gifs on Pat reon.]

35