Chapter 2 – Hannah’s POV
52 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Piper, does Hannah have a boyfriend?" 

"No, why?"

"Just asking. She is always hanging around when we are together."

"Oh."

I ignored their comments about my love life, and focused more on deciding whether to put Oliver's number in my phone. I was hesitant, but I did it anyways. I had this funny feelings that it would be important later on for some unknown reason. I had ordered myself some lemonade which I enjoyed while Piper and Felix struck up a conversation about how much they love each other. As much as I admired a good love story, Felix and Piper's relationship was a bit cliche. If there were even the slightest chance that I would find love, it would be with someone who was a weirdo and not some clingy and "too good to be true" jock.

Once I was finished drinking the last bit of my lemonade, and I decided to let Piper and Felix have time to themselves. After All, they were a match made in heaven and deserved their time together.

"Bye Piper I will see you at school tomorrow."

"Oh? Leaving so soon?" 

"Yeah, I have to babysit my little sister."

"Oh okay, bye!"

I grabbed my bag and started walking home. The school was a long way from home, but I didn't mind the walk. It gave me time to gather my thoughts and settle down. With that, I couldn't get my mind off of Oliver. It was kind of annoying, but at the same time kind of interesting. I was remembering his dark fluffy hair, his angelic and kind smile, alongside his mesmerizing eyes. He was tall and looked about my age. I don't understand why I couldn't stop thinking of him, but maybe it was because he had been kind to me. I am usually not treated with such kindness. I was labeled as a nerd because of my glasses and my intelligence. If anyone was too lazy to do their homework they'd ask me. The only problem was that I was a forgetful person which gave me an even worse reputation. I continued walking kicking rocks as I walked until I reached my front door. I was happily greeted by my younger sister.

"Hi Hannah!!"

"Hello Willow."

"I made a new friend at school today!!"

"Mhmm. What's their name?"

"Her name is Charlotte!"

"Lucky you. I am going to be in my room, if you need anything, shout."

With that, Willow ran back to the couch and continued to play on her iPad while I ran up to my room. Unlike me, Willow's school was close enough for her to walk safely home without needing me or my mom to pick her up. My mom works everyday and is unable to pick me up from school, so I walk the long distance. 

I changed into a red hoodie with a cat on it and some comfortable sweatpants then plopping on my bed. Oliver came to my mind again and I decided that maybe if I messaged him, I would be able to stop thinking about him. I started the first text with,

"Hey Oliver. This is Hannah, just wanted to message you and say hi."

I hesitated before sending the message because I wasn't the chatty type of person, but my fingers send the message without me thinking. With a bit of regret, I only had to wait 5 minutes for his reply which said,

"Hey Hannah! Just confirming you got my number correct!" 

This gave me a bit of reassurance and I didn't feel any hesitance texting with him. 

"I have some time on my hands, how about we get to know each other?"

As soon as I sent it I realized how awkward that sounded. The only person I really text with is Piper, so being able to send normal messages without knowing if I sounded weird was quite the challenge. A few moments of waiting later he replied with, 

"Sure! My name is Oliver, as you already know, and I am a Sophomore. I also enjoy playing video games."

Instead of talking about myself I decided to say,

"Nice, what kind of games do you play?"

"Nothing much, just games like halo and call of duty."

"Haha, I use to play call of duty. I stopped because my first phone had cracked when I threw it across the room." 

"LOL! So you've played the mobile version. I usually play it on console, but I have it on my phone if you ever wanna play sometime!" 

"Sounds like a plan, I will see you at school tomorrow. I should start my homework."

"Sounds good! Talk to ya later!"

After messaging Oliver I felt like quite happy. I enjoyed talking to people when they also enjoyed talking to me. With some hope in my head, I imagined us becoming future friends and myself finally having someone other than Piper to confide in. 

I started my homework and awaited my moms arrival. Tonight since she got off work late, she picked up a pizza for dinner. When I was called for dinner I washed my hands and feeling my hunger take other as I devoured 3 slices of pizza. 

"My Hannah, you must've been really hungry!"

"Yep."

"Must've been a long day then huh?"

"Yeah.."

My relationship with my mother wasn't the greatest. It wasn't that I hated her or anything, it was just that she was absent most of my life. Before my sister was born, my mother worked most of the time. My dad was my main guardian. My best friend until I met Piper in 1st grade. When my dad was gone, my mom hadn't taken much responsibility as a mother. That was when I found myself taking care of Willow full time. Most likely the reason Willow and I are so close. 

As I finished up my last slice, I quickly cleaned up my plate and ran back upstairs to finish the rest of my homework. Boring as usual, I felt bored and decided to check my phone. I had received a text from Piper saying,

"Omg Hannah. Guess what?"

I decided to text her back out of curiosity

"What's up?"

"Felix took me to see a movie after the cafe today! Isn't he so sweet!"

"Yeah that's really nice of him, I am really happy for you guys!"

As much as I loved seeing Piper happy, I always get this feeling deep down she is rubbing all of her positives in my face. Then I come back to realize she's my best friend and she'd never intentionally try to brag or hurt my feelings. I decided to put my earbuds in and finish up my homework without letting my negative thoughts get to me. I continued working on my homework until I fell asleep in my white fluffy desk chair. 

1