Chapter 1 : History of World Change
34 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Exactly 54 years ago, a pandemic struck the whole world. It turned the world upside down, and almost 1/3 of the population on Earth were burned down. 

Everything has changed since then. Education, daily life styles, work...people all around the globe didn't have a choice but to keep up with the changes.

Within the first year of the pandemic, almost the whole Earth went on lock down. People trapped themselves in their home, whether or not it was voluntary, they don't have a choice but to remain inside their houses. Work has to be transferred at home, business establishments, public parks, malls, even a small salon and computer shops had to be closed. 

Hospitals were packed with patients. People were dying even on the streets. Because people couldn't get into the hospitals, no, more like, hospitals didn't have a choice but to drive away the patients because they couldn't accommodate them anymore.

Hospital equipment, medicines and utilities were almost used up.

It was really a terrible year. But no one knew that hell was just about to descend on Earth. 

Many businesses went bankrupt and the Economy plummeted to the lowest level.

A half a year after the pandemic erupted, infected people and dying individuals eased up. The world began to move again. People were beginning to get used to their new lifestyles, and even named these changes "new normal". 

Education was using online learning, people were still working inside their homes, and most public places had already begun to welcome back the idle people. 

People thought it was over. 

However, no one knew that it was only the beginning. 

Experts predicted that what they were experiencing now was just the first wave of the storm. Meaning, if there's a first wave, there is surely a second wave and the third wave. They advised the high authorities over and over again that they needed to create and facilitate a correct plan in order not to make the virus spread much more, when they planned to open their respected cities and countries.

Although they listened and planned orderly, not everyone felt the urgency of the situation and decided to ignore those nice words. 

They opened up the gates, and people went out like birds that just got out of their cage. 

Given three months of buffer time, infected people rose to thousands a day, and the death toll keeps on rising.

High authorities panicked and ushered a harsh order towards the researchers to hasten the development of the vaccines. 

Countries all over the world hungrily bought and fought for the companies who developed the vaccines. 

However, even though the vaccines has finally been made, the virus was speedily undergoing mutation. 

The vaccines were injected successfully. Individuals injected by the vaccines all slowly revealed side effects. Some died, others appeared to be quite normal. But most of them suffered fever and headaches. 

Nevertheless, despite these...although the vaccines (could be said to be) successful, it could only fight off the original virus. 

Weeks passed, people who received the vaccines confidently walked around the streets with their heads up high. They went on with their lives normally, like the pandemic was just a nightmare they woke up to. They went to work, went walking around the park, shopping at the mall, and people's lives went around again normally. 

Until...they all collapse feeling heavy fever, colds and difficulty in breathing. They were infected again.

Different varieties of virus strain were discovered. People panicked again, because the vaccines don't work on them. 

Researchers, scientists, and professionals were all helpless. 

What's more...they found out that each of these mutations were deadly on their own. Variant 1v could live in the air longer, and so the degree of which it spread was severe. Variant 4v, was discovered to have been mutated after an individual who was once infected by the original virus was injected by a vaccine from GreenHouse Pharmaceutical. It was discovered that the antibodies of the individuals, who were once infected, and the antigen, a particular organism that activates an immune response of the body, only trigger a relatively chaotic mess inside the body. This is the reason why many of the individuals who were injected by these vaccines trigger severe symptoms such as high fever, severe headaches, blood clotting, difficulty in breathing and some even died from heart attack. Continuous injection of this vaccine caused an activation of the virus, making the individual infected again without their knowledge. 

And because variant 4v was a mutation from a vaccine, this variant was mostly immune to every vaccine invented within that period of time. Moreover, people infected with variant 4v appeared to have more severe symptoms than the other variant. 

From then on, different virus variants appeared all over the world. They were unstoppable. The vaccines that were just invented lost their purpose, and the world went back to where they started again. 

The world shut down.

But this didn't make any differences. In the end, high officials can't cope with it anymore. The government's treasury was almost empty. Money stopped coming, but they have to continue to provide for their people. 

In the end, high authorities didn't have a choice anymore but to open up their gates again in order to forcefully move their economy once more. 

Things went from bad to worst, from severe to deadly. The virus...they can't control it anymore. 

Everyday, hundreds of people died, and most of them died outside the hospitals or inside the emergency rooms, waiting for their turn to be admitted to the hospital. Some died on the road after being driven away from hospital to hospital. 

The world became chaotic once more. 

Crematoriums were full like the hospitals. Dead bodies piled up like mountains waiting to be burned. But dead bodies just keep on coming, and people working on cremating these bodies can't keep up with the work. 

Without any other choice, people just begin lining up the dead bodies and buried them into a pile of firewood, then burned in open air.

More chaotic countries just went to throw those dead bodies down the river, making the virus spread more and more. 

It was unstoppable. 

Big name countries tried to hold on, hoping for it to stop passively. They could only do their best, while maintaining the stability of their countries.

In the end, the world suffered from the bearings of this pandemic for five years.

When the world was about to give up, seeing the rising billions of death and unstoppable spreading of the virus, Dr. Bryan Long, a well known virologist from China stood up and saved the world. 

Out of the blue, he called out for a press conference and introduced a new vaccine he created. 

G.E.N.E.S.I.S. is the name of the vaccine that made the world free from this deadly virus. 

Within the sixth year of the pandemic eruption, Genesis Pharmaceutical appeared out of thin air. As the only pharmaceutical company, who invented a vaccine with 100% efficacy rate, they monopolize the vaccine production and selling, kicking themselves up high towards top pharmaceutical companies in the world. 

Genesis made trillions of dollars within the first year they emerged. 

Even until now, Genesis just keep on getting bigger and bigger and better. 

After the crisis on the pandemic eased, another one emerged. 

And that is the Miracle of Human Evolution. 

Two years. Within two years, Genesis solved the crisis of the virus around the world. However, in the evening of October 14, a surprising event happened in Italy.

A kid, 7 years of age, burst into flame while sleeping, burning their house down and burning his parents alive. 

The child didn't have any awareness of what had happened, as it was discovered that the child had cognitive disability. At first people thought that the child went to play with fire in the middle of night and fell asleep in the middle of playing, causing the fire. But what was unscientific was, the fire fighters saw the child laying on the pile of burned fragments, after they extinguished the raging fire. 

They found the child's parents scorched black, unable to be identified anymore, except for DNA. But surprising facts were that the child was found unharmed. 

They found the child sleeping peacefully like an angel. He was naked, but they found no burn marks on his skin, nor was he injured. 

This intrigued the masses. 

The child was seized by the authorities for observation. Thankfully, human rights accompanied by child protection policies were there and the child didn't become a guinea pig under the eyes of the scientists. Moreover, because this event was so bizarre people begin to watch the child closely, and so, they really can't do anything much, other than observe the child and collect some blood samples, a little.

Nevertheless, not even an hour after the child was seized by the government, they found rather interesting facts. When a researcher went to get a blood sample from the child, the syringe ended up melting. They found that the child's blood was like a lava, it was so hot, unless they used the child's skin as a shield they couldn't touch it. 

They also discovered that the child is immune to fire. He's body response to the fire is like being one with it. And so, they found the reason for the fire when they saw the child burst into flame himself. 

It was a disturbing yet exciting discovery. 

And these events didn't just happen in Italy. A day after this event, another one appeared in the US, and England, then Spain, in Russia, in Thailand. It happened everywhere around the world. 

Then once again, Genesis Pharmaceutical stood up explaining everything to the masses. It turns out that it was caused by the vaccine and the virus fighting inside the human body. They presented a lot of scientific evidence, researches, making it more reliable and believable. 

When more and more people with superpowers emerge from the world, another crisis bomb the government again. 

Because they can't control these supers. They don't know who or where these people will appear. And not all were good citizens. The results were the rise of crime rates. 

And then again, amidst this newly chaotic world of supernaturals, Genesis Pharmaceutical announced to the world the creation of a new agency called GENESIS, together with many newly invented medicines for these evolved humans. 

On the morning of January 1, just after the celebration of New Year's Eve, the President of New Genesis, Frederick Song, a chinese-american businessman who built the Genesis Pharmaceutical together with Dr. Bryan Long, the well-known virologist, who discovered the vaccine for the notorious LeTo virus, stood together at the platform, surrounded by numerous reporters and media. 

Frederick Song smiled under the continuous flashes of the camera, then he looked at the man beside him, Dr. Long. He patted his back, then turned his back to the crowd. 

"First of all, I, Frederick Song together with Dr. Long and the whole Genesis Family are here to apologise to the world. Although the G.E.N.E.S.I.S vaccine we made stopped the LeTo virus, it also brought upon another explosion which caused serious harm to the world. From Dr. Long continues research on the G.E.N.E.S.I.S. vaccine, he found that there's a certain organism in the antigen used in the vaccine that reacted to the certain strand of human DNA. Coupled with the virus on the body, it causes a great catalyst in the human body that causes a great change..."

Frederick Song began to further speak the scientific explanation to what was happening in the human body as they evolved. Then he used this momentum to announce a newly formed drug to limit the chemicals in the cells that causes the activation of those powers to the world. 

"This drug already passed clinical trials and was only waiting for human trial to be performed. Genesis had already asked the Food and Drugs Administration for the approval, and Genesis was just waiting for the go signal from the government. Opening the drug to the public is estimated to be done within four months..."

At the end of his speech, he smiled brightly towards the camera. 

"After five years of long darkness, mankind is facing a new kind of light, and is now undergoing a process of great change! So, worry not, Genesis will solve this problems in no time. That's why, everyone! Let's welcome this new era for mankind! Happy New Year, everybody!"


It's been a while since I came to scribblehub.


Haha, I've been trying to write chapters for those novels were posted, but I can't think of anything for them...and keep having thoughts on this novel.


When I was writing this...I've already reached chapter 4 when I heard the series of "Sweet tooth" on Netflix.


I thought, "what a coincidence." But hey, that series is actually good.


Anyway, here is my new series!


Everything here is fiction btw. Although I used some info from what's happening now. I think it's imposible to happened in real life.

So, here it is!!

I wish you guys have fun with it!


Enjoy! ✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

1