Chapter 6 : The Past
73 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feeling someone's eyes intently looking at him, the grey puppy in Touka's arms raised it's cute head. 

Dewy golden eyes that look like gems stared blankly at Ageha. Noticing the puppy went to look at something, then just froze. Touka curiously followed the puppies gaze, and stiffened just like the puppy. 

It was Ageha who broke the silence first.

He raised his arm and pointed his index finger, shivering at this inexplicable discovery.

"...y-y-you, you. You two...what is the meaning of this?!"

Although Ageha already speculated about his parents' identity as evolutionary humans, seeing it with his own eyes...he was still shocked. 

Disbelief filled his light brown eyes, as he stared and pointed at this duo, as if he finally caught his lover cheating behind his back.

"Awo~" the puppy cried at Ageha, then hurriedly buried his head in Touka's tummy. 

"There. There. It's okay honey. Leave it to me okay." Touka comforted her husband, then looked up at the shocked Ageha. She smiled and said, "let me explain this to you, darling."

Touka made her hand dance in the air, like a conductor the things moving in the dining room stopped, but the kitchen wears move more vigorously. 

"Come, come." The chair beside Touka magically moves away from the table, inviting Ageha to sit. "Sit here. Darling, so we can eat."

With a dazed expression, Ageha walked towards the seat his mother had prepared for him. Even after he sat, Ageha was still looking blankly, as if he lost his soul. 

Sighing, Touka watched her son until Ageha's body managed to pull his soul back, then started talking.

"Don't be surprised, darling. I know you already have suspicion in your heart." With a gentle and soothing voice, Touka initiates explaining, not letting her son ask her questions. 

"I am an Esper. And as you can see, your dad is a werebeast." Touka soothes Eduardo's soft fur. Meanwhile, Eduardo Rocca was still trying to hide behind his wife's arms, afraid to look at his son.

At first glance, Eduardo Rocca seemed like a refined, intelligent and elegant man, but everyone knew that the men in the Rocca family were all timid. 

"My powers are just your normal, everyday psychic powers. Your dad on the other hand, is a strong evolved human. That day, in the botanical garden where me and your dad first met each other... actually, your dad's story wasn't that accurate."

Touka's eyes brightly looked down at the puppy in her embrace and couldn't help but smile, recalling those old memories.  

"...are you saying that dad lied everytime he told 'your love at first sight story?" With some difficulty, Ageha blurted out. 

Chuckling, Touka felt it was funny seeing her son's reaction. "Not really. But your dad just hides a little bit, well...a small amount of information."

Hearing her statement, Eduardo Rocca felt his ear burning, and his face hot. If not for the fur all over his face, he would look like a boiled shrimp right now. He buried his face deeper in her clothes and just pretended to die.

"You see, darling, I came to the Philippines after faking my death almost 20 years ago. I'm an orphan, and I'm one of those lucky evolved humans who first appeared in this world."

Sensing the atmosphere turning serious, Ageha unconsciously straightened his back. Noticing his action, his mother smiled at him, and reassured him.

"It's okay, darling. Don't be nervous." Touka flicked her fingers, and the plates, spoon and fork, and then the food flew out of the kitchen.

Their breakfast was now served.

Steaming golden egg fried rice occupies the center of the table. There are sunny side up eggs, bacon, hot dogs, and a warm milk for Ageha, and a coffee Touka. As for Eduardo Rocca's share, Touka will just feed him by hand. Eduardo Rocca likes it.

They ate as Touka spoke.

The more Ageha heard, the more he felt afraid.

Back then, Touka and Eduardo still hadn't met, well, they were still young at that time. And Touka just faked her death and came to the Philippines illegally with fake IDs and passport and finally had her chance to continue going to school. That year "Secret Society" emerged from the underworld. They were terrorist groups made up of pure evolutionary humans. Even if they already made their appearance to the world, their movements and actions were still hidden. 

And no one knows exactly where they are, or how many members they have, or when they came together and how long they have been working behind the scenes. That's why they were known as the Secret Society.

On the surface, the world seemed peaceful. Despite the emergence of different generations of evolved humans, society still accepted them with opened arms. 

But deep down, it was chaotic. 

Ordinary people won't notice this huge underground ripple under such a deep ocean. The water was serene but underneath lies many whirlpools.

For evolutionary humans at that time, human rights were just a decoration. 

Evolutionary humans were treated like animals without thoughts back then. Demi humans were popular in slave trade and auctions, and especially treated as a s*x slave because of their beautiful appearance. Werebeasts were the same, they were treated as pets and battle slaves.

Huge numbers of evolutionary human beings were kidnapped and sold off by traffickers. Although it alarmed the authorities, at the same time, they never really did anything about it. 

Genesis at the time tried to maintain the situation by creating another non-government organization solely for protecting evolved humans. 

It did help, but not everyone could be helped.

Moreover, evolved humans thought Genesis was the same.

All evolved humans under Genesis we're all strictly monitored, to the point of injecting a nano tracker in their skin. They have no freedom, they could only work for Genesis like a loyal dog. 

That's why, many evolved humans were reproached towards Genesis. 

At that time, evolved humans really didn't have freedom. The government was afraid of their powers, additionally, Evolved humans back then still couldn't control their psychic energy and frequently exploded. 

The limiter drug was limited and only a member of Genesis could have it. Except for criminals who were greatly suppressed, others don't have any way to get it. There was no source of limiter drugs anywhere, except for Genesis, even in the black market.

Touka Kirishima was an ex-lab rat from a certain laboratory in Japan. She was still a child back then, and was really afraid and timid. When she discovered she had powers, she tried to hide them. Anyway, her psychic powers were weak compared to others, and she doesn't have to worry about getting berserk. 

But who knew, when Touka accidentally confessed to the dean of the orphanage, she was sold off. 

The laboratory Touka was sold was still decent, and Touka was thankful and felt lucky at that time. They didn't perform any illegal operations on Touka and just imprisoned her. Still, every now and then, they will test her powers, trying any means to make her strong. 

That part is the only thing that makes Touka want to kill off every scientist in that laboratory. 

They didn't touch her inside, but kept torturing her in every way possible to stimulate the psychic energy within her body.

That was the worst time of her life. 

Touka stayed there for years. When she almost lost her hope of salvation, the Secret Society came and rescued her.

They give Touka a new identity and send her to the Philippines. Until Touka met Eduardo Rocca, she was having a peaceful life, living as an ordinary student.

When Touka finished her story about her past, Ageha fell into contemplation.

Touka smiled and just waited for her son to digest everything, while she comforted her cute husband, already crying, trying to comfort her.

Ah, really, Ed is the cutest!

Can't stop herself, Touka lifted the puppy and kissed him all over his face. Eduardo Rocca could endure feeling humiliated like this in front of his son, and tried to push Touka's face away, but to no avail.

Eduardo Rocca whined discontentedly, howling aggrievedly at Touka. But this made Touka's heart into a puddle and rained Eduardo Rocca with kisses. 

Meanwhile, Ageha could care less about what his parents were doing right now. He was now pondering about something.

After a while, he opened his mouth. "Mom", he called. Touka and Eduardo stopped what they were doing and looked at Ageha at the same time. 

Ageha was looking at them as well. Then with a serious face, Ageha asked his mom: "Then mom. Does your name really come from Tokyo Ghoul?" 

To his unexpected question, Touka froze on the spot. While Eduardo looked at his wife, also curious. Although he did not know that Tokyo Ghoul, his son just mentioned, he was really curious where his wife's name came from. 

Feeling two pairs of eyes on her, Touka let out a stiff smile, and slowly averted her gaze: "...of course not. It was given randomly by the Secret Society!"

Both father and son looked at Touka with a suspicious gaze. 

Ageha: "Really?" =_=

Touka: "Yes, really." (٥↼_↼)

Eduardo: Dear, I know you're lying, so let's talk about this after I became human again. U^ェ^U


I've been busy and forgot to update.


But, yeah, mommy's name is from Tokyo ghoul. I'm watching Tokyo ghoul when I started writing this.


It was an abrupt desision, when I made the mc half Japanese. When I searched frantically for names with butterfly as a meaning, I remember Ageha. So, I just made one of his parents as japanese.


Actually thinking about it now, I decided on Ageha on this character with a thought of making this series a bl.


But then I thought, the love interest of Ageha is a spider. And the character that first came to my mind is the spider witch in soul eater.


So, I made a decision. It's BG then. Hehehe...

1