Chapter 01 ~ Alfheim start
2.1k 13 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello or good evening I guess! This is Aliwai at your service.

New chapter today, hope you like it. I spent some time on it so I hope you like it.

The chapter release schedule is Wednesday and Sunday here it is ~

I think the rest of the chapters will be written in third person, I have trouble writing in first person I think. Tell me what you think is best...

I started the story with a little geographical and historical presentation, I hope it won't be too boring!

Chapter 01: Alfheim 

So we start with a little presentation of the continent of Alfheim and we end with the beginning of the story with the arrival of a new character.

Chapter a little shorter, sorry.

Have a good read!

                                    ~~~~ × ~~~~

The kingdoms of the continent of Alfheim were not at peace until hundreds of years after the cataclysm caused by the awakening of the terrible dragon Hondio. Region, town and village were reduced to ashes after its passage, the number of victims of this disaster exceeding unimaginable figures. At dawn, when the sun rose from its slumber, the sky was tinged with a blood-red colour, yet every evening that same sky looked like a sea of flames carrying souls directly to the realm of the dead. The reaper filled his boat every night on his way to the underworld.

The continent is divided into several small kingdoms and empires with several races living together. The humans, the most numerous race, the Elves who are protected by the western forest, the dwarves in the mountains, the demons and many others scattered throughout the continent of Alfheim. There was a sort of peace between the kingdoms, although there were still turf wars, the appearance of the dragon Hondio was much bloodier than a simple war between kingdoms. But the appearance of this catastrophe actually put an end to all wars between kingdoms.

The humans, the people with the most territory and population, united under the same banner for a time in an attempt to fight effectively. This alliance was historic in the history of the continent, however the social lust for human power only allowed them to resist Hondio for a short time. In the end, hypocrisy, arrogance and pretense were the great winners of this alliance, which was supposed to be the greatest and most powerful of all. A failure that cost them heavy losses, both material and human.

As for the elves, despite having a smaller and more outlying kingdom, they managed to survive the massacres, they suffered only minimal losses mostly due to mercenaries, nothing unusual at all. Indeed, elves have always been hunted like cattle by other races for their beauty and remarkable magical abilities. Here, the elves had an advantage, that of the terrain, skilled in the great forests, and moreover, they had not built large cities and castles visible for miles. Perhaps this is why the dragon never came, no one really knows why Hondio never attacked the elves' territory. However, the elves had a hypothesis that they would not risk revealing.

As far as the dwarf people are concerned, they had almost no problems, as they live in the vast territories of the mountainous south. They carefully hid their wealth deep in the mountains so that Hondio would not detect it. 

The dwarf kingdom, Thorin's kingdom, is made up of tenacious and loyal people, the territory even served as a refuge for people in mortal danger, be it humans, beast skins, fairies, demons and even some elves. All are welcomed without distinction. Although they are known as excellent warriors, the dwarves decided not to take part in the great human alliance, although in reality they participated by providing the necessary armaments for the war. Above all profit, they would say, laughing happily with a beer in hand.

In short, the dragon Hondio seemed unbeatable and unstoppable, but one day, a huge pillar of light, sacred and bewitching, appeared deep in the territory of the elves, and this pillar attracted the dragon like a fly. The next day, the underworld dragon Hondio was no more, the news of his disappearance spread as quickly as a forest fire and peace on the continent naturally took hold. People from all walks of life celebrated this as the renewal of their lives.

Furthermore, the underworld dragon Hondio was no more.

The result of this period, which is called "Hondio the disaster", is the massive loss of life on the continent, many human kingdoms disappeared and new ones were formed in their place, as for the elves, after about twenty years they had huge worries and had to answer to other peoples, especially the humans.

Since it was this pillar of light that defeated the nightmare in person and appeared in elven territories, this made the other peoples think that the loss of relatives and neighbours was the fault of the elves. Although in reality, the purpose behind these accusations is quite strange.

Strangely enough, this argument appeared quite suddenly after 20 years, the time it took to stabilise the continent.

In compensation, at a continental political meeting, the emperor of the great Emerald Empire demanded that the elven people submit to his authority, in addition to having the queen as a concubine since she was reputed to be an unparalleled beauty. And above all because she would produce very good heirs, both physically and magically gifted. 

Unfortunately for him, these growing ambitions were not accepted and war was declared. The humans took advantage of this war to invade the Shirin kingdom little by little, finally half of it was conquered after 10 years of conflict. In the end, the peace treaty was signed not without pain for the elves, giving up a small piece of territory and huge amounts of resources. However, humans could not exploit it because of the various difficulties it presents.

Why does this story matter?

Well... Isn't it necessary to know one's history before moving forward in this cruel bloody world? 

Doubt and ignorance have no place in this vast world where the strongest rule. Our heroine will understand this soon enough and at her own expense.

                                    ~~~~ × ~~~~

The forest in which our hero was reincarnated was majestically illuminated by the bright moon hanging in the dark, cold sky.

The elven forest in the southern part was quiet, the night life of the animals was sleepy. Only the sound of the streams and the wind blowing through the foliage could be heard.

In this forest there was a majestic tree, at the foot of which was a deeply sleeping female body. She was in a perfectly lit place which made the scene almost unreal. 

Her sleeping face was cute and enchanting, her body resting as if time had frozen for her pleasure. 

Yuna, that was the name of the girl lying helpless at the foot of that tree. She seemed to be taking a little nap before leaving.

But it was probably something like the gods that placed Yuna in this place deep in the Elven forest.

How could a beautiful girl find herself in this region far from any civilization?

However, there is an anomaly concerning her, the soul of this female body is of a totally different nature since in reality the soul that possesses this body is that of a boy. 

Indeed, the physical body is that of a woman, but the one controlling it is in reality a young man.

The soul of this boy is obviously that of our young hero who must be reincarnated in a fantastic world.

Strangely, her body has become that of a beautiful young girl, what will her reaction be when she wakes up?

Did the goddess Yuki play a trick on him?

Was he too greedy with his chosen skills?

So many questions...

Well, our new heroine Yuna seemed to be able to sleep for eternity, but something would soon interrupt this long princess sleep.

                                  ~~~~ × ~~~~

A few hundred meters away from our heroine was a small camp of adventurers. 

The group consists of a bearded dwarf, a Wolf-kin and three other humans, all singing and celebrating the hard day's work at least.

Among these adventurers of all classes and backgrounds, one young man in particular stood out, his name was Akira. This sixteen year old boy seems exceptional, his more than divine appearance and his royal aura give him an almost intimidating tone. At first glance, he looks like a charming, handsome prince, but his body belongs to a young warrior. Although his two characteristics are not irreconcilable, far from it. The young girls around him sincerely think so after all...

Akira seemed exhausted from this day, he stayed in his tent far from any noisy and festive distraction. Whereas his companions were celebrating outside around the campfire.

Currently, Akira is sharpening his sword slightly after a bloody battle with goblins. The stinking green blood of the goblins made him nauseous, but at least he was earning money. He thought as he continued to clean his gear.

These were simple thoughts, he just wanted to rest after this exhausting day.

I can't wait for tomorrow. He said to himself tiredly.

However, he still had no doubt that his life would soon change, for better or for worse.

Thank you for reading! (◠﹏◠)

I hope this little chapter wasn't too boring (´・_・`)

But the next ones will certainly be more interesting and eventful! We are only at the beginning of the story after all hahaha

I swear I spent more than 2 hours checking the chapter, it's boring as hell...

46