Chapter 1 (Beginning Arc start)
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was yet another day in the Ranger Training Academy-Osaka division. Everyone born with abilities and wanting to take up the Ranger path had to enroll in the training academy for 3 years after their basic high school education. While in high school they were taught theoretical stuffs, in the training academy they were referred to as junior Rangers and got more in-field experience by having practical sessions and carrying out missions with real Rangers. Two months had gone by for the new batch of 2018. 

Inside class 1, Mr. Takami had started with roll call, when suddenly their door was opened. And there was standing a young male in his new uniform and holding a letter.

“And who might you be?” questioned Mr. Takami.

“I’m a new student.” answered the newcomer. 

“But classes started two months ago, where we're you?” Mr. Takami seemed confused.

“Oh, that’s cause I was in Edinburgh. On my way back, my journey got delayed. I’m personally referred. Here is my letter from my referee.” saying this the newcomer handed over his letter to Mr. Takami. The teacher took his letter read it and nodded his head.

“Seems legit,” saying this he raised his voice, “Class 1 it seems we will be joined by a new friend from today. Please behave well with him. Since we all are new to each other let’s be good. And why don’t you introduce yourself?” 

“Hello everyone. My name is Horo Kyusei. I’m 19 years old. I have no particular hobbies. Hope to get along with everyone. And sorry I’m a bit anti-social.” 

Out of courtesy, everyone clapped at his introduction but none seemed impressed. Two girls at the back were having a conversation.

“Mia chan, what does personally referred mean?” questioned a curious Himari.

“You know after junior high, most people join high school, right? Well in some cases, some retired Rangers may take a few apprentices and train them instead of them going to high school,” answered Mia.

“So, does that mean they are better than us? Cause they have trained with a real Ranger unlike us?” 

“No, rather I would say we are more learned than them but they are more practical than us,” answered Mia while curiously looking at Horo. Himari seemed satisfied and went back to wondering on her own.

With this, the classes began. Horo had taken a seat in the middle of the classroom. The topic for today was Ranger Etiquettes: code of emergency. While it seemed boring, every Ranger needed to know this. Hence, the first period of Training school started with this topic. Before Horo realized it was already lunchtime. Since it was his first day, he had decided to visit the cafeteria. While finding his way, he was stopped by a bunch of students from his class.

“How may I help you?” spoke Horo

“You know, there is a rule every newcomer must come to introduce himself to me.” said the guy in the middle

“That’s right, you ought to visit Danma sama.” said one of his obvious subordinates. 

“Here we go again.” thought Horo. “It’s my first day and lady luck already seems to abandon me.” 

When he received no response from Horo, Danma moved towards Horo and grabbed his collar, “Did the cat got your tongue?”

Horo wanted to avoid trouble but his ego said otherwise. Soon his irritation turned to rage. How dare a stranger come and command him. He was gonna set an example for people to not mess with him, and let him spend his days out here in peace when someone shouted from behind him.

“Oie Danma, how many times do I have to warn you. Bullying is forbidden.” it was a boy, shorter than Horo. With eyes full of righteousness. 

Danma was suddenly taken aback by this entry. Horo swore he had only blinked his eyes once. But in that period this new guy had somehow covered the distance of at least 30 feet and had connected his fist to Danma’s face. What was more surprising was that Danma somehow seemed to have slowed down, while this guy’s punches were growing faster and faster. Almost invisible to the normal eye. But Danma was eating those punches, he seemed to be getting hurt but was not backing up. Any other person would’ve been done with those punches thought Horo. Horo realized why Danma could take the damage. At the places where the punches were being delivered Danma’s skin turned into a rock-like material. The fight was stopped when Mr. Takami intervened. 

“Nakamura you fool,” he screamed. “Danma, Nakamura to my office now!” He looked at Horo and said, “You new guy, to my office now!”

Horo sighed, “What a terrible first day.” 

1