Chapter 2 (Beginning Arc)
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the teacher’s office was a very agitated Mr. Takami, “Nakamura, how many times is this in two months? Why do you have to be so blinded by righteousness? You know the first rule of a Ranger, right? Only use your abilities in the face of an emergency!!”

“I know Sir”, said Nakamura in a low tone, “but it was an emergency.” now he sounded like a little irritated kid.

“Shut up” commanded Takami Sensei.

“What can you expect from a terrorist’s son?” said Danma looking sideways

“Danma, your language. You are no better. I thought I told y’all to be good to the new kid.” said Takami while pointing to Horo

“Someone who supports terrorists is a terrorist. And I just wanted to introduce myself to the new guy,” said Danma in an innocent tone.

Horo could feel Nakamura’s boiling rage. He somehow had to keep it in check.

“I’m done here. This is the last and final warning”, he looked at Horo, “I have my eyes on you too. Now dismiss. Get back to class.”

“Yes Sir.” said all three in unison.

Danma was the first to leave. While Horo was going back, Nakamura approached him.

“You all right?”

“What’s your name?”

“It’s Justice Nakamura.”

(Name: Justice Nakamura. Age: 19 years old. Height: 5’8”. Weight: 67kg. Blood Group: B+.

Ability: Time Domain. Justice can greatly increase the speed or greatly decrease the speed of anything in his field of vision, even himself. His limit right now is to increase the speed by 8x and decrease the speed by x0.125.

Breakthrough move: Zen garden. Within 20m of his surrounding, Justice can freeze time. Everything within this boundary will be at a stand-still. Even Justice himself.)

“Okay Nakamura, stay the fuck away from me.”

Justice was surprised, “Shouldn’t you be saying thank you.”

“Did I ever ask for your help?”

“But you looked like you needed help”

“That’s the problem with wannabe’s like you. You all think every opportunity is a chance to shine. You are so lost in your idealistic world, you forget about reality.”

Nakamura was taken aback. 

“You don’t wait for a chance to help others. You do it involuntarily.”

“Yeah, that’s not how it works in the real world. Once you get out there in the field your idealistic bubble will be popped.”

“I’ll never give up on being a just person. The name Justice was given to me by my dad. I’ll live up to it. No matter what anyone says.” said Justice with a bit of pride and determination.

“Just stay away from me. Guys like you are too much trouble.” saying this Horo walked away. 

Justice couldn’t say anything. As Horo was entering class. Danma was waiting for him.

“Let me introduce myself properly. I’m Danma Hidori. And I only have one piece of advice. Stay safe. This class is a maniac room. And especially stay aware of me. Cause if you slip near me. I’ll eat you alive.” Danma left while laughing.

(Name: Danma Hidori. Age: 20 years old. Height: 5’11”. Weight: 72kg. Blood Group: A+.

Ability: Absorption. Whatever material that Danma consumes, he can synthesize in his skin or even create props out of them. The material he consumes is like food. Once they are used, they cannot be regenerated. Danma will have to consume new materials. At his limit right now. He can consume enough material to build a wall of 50 feet.

Breakthrough Move: Sin Gluttony. For a fixed period. Danma can absorb material directly through his skin and manipulate them. His limit right now is 20 minutes.)

Horo could do nothing but snicker at this. As he sat down on his bench, he noticed a letter inside his desk.

“Dear Newcomer, 

I’m excited that you’ve joined us. And I was hoping, me and you can have a good chat. And get to know each other better. Please meet me at the training grounds after school. If you do not come. I’ll follow you to your residence ( I mean it ;) ).

Looking forward to meeting you.

Yours truly,

Curious person.”

Horo was flabbergasted. “Danma was right, this really is a class of maniacs.”

---------------------X----------------------

At the area where a portal had loosened up:

“Good work everyone!” said the captain of the exterminating team. “Especially you Jigo Kun. Can’t believe you’re only still in the training academy. You’re like a pro.”

“Oh. Thank you, Sir.” said a disinterested Jigo

“You’ll be returning to the academy tomorrow, right?”

“Yes”

“How many days does that make?”

“Two weeks.”

“Okay anyways. Thank you for helping out. We were short of men. And you filling in really helped. Otherwise, this area would’ve been abandoned too.”

“You’re welcome. The least I can do”, replied Jigo.

The team was already celebrating, drinking, and eating. The extermination of the C-grade monsters from the loosened portal in the outskirts of Osaka had been a success. Jigo had been a huge help. Now he had to return to the Training academy. 

Suddenly his phone buzzed. It was a text from Mia.

May 18th. 1:32 pm:

“Jigo Kun, howdy?? And listen we have been joined by a new student. I found him very interesting. I’m meeting him after school today ( excited :) ). I heard the extermination was a success. Congo. Come back soon.” 

Jigo smiled. He had known Mia since Junior High. She had always been curious about new stuffs and things. But he felt bad for the new guy. Because he knew by meeting, Mia meant testing his abilities. And Mia wasn’t someone you could take for easy.

“Well new guy. Best of luck.” said Jigo with a vacuous expression. 

1