Chapter 3 (Beginning Arc)
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Horo was contemplating as to whether he should go to meet this letter’s owner or not. He felt it was a drag to stay back after school, but then he didn’t want a crazed person to follow him home. After thinking about it a lot, he decided to go to the training grounds. After reaching there, he couldn’t see anyone. Thinking it must’ve been a prank he was ready to leave. When someone tapped his shoulders.

“Hello,” said Mia who appeared from behind.

“Ah, hi” replied Horo

“My name is Mia Akenari. Nice to meet you!” she said with a bright tone.

“Ah yes, I’m Horo Kyusei. We're you the one who wrote the letter?”

“Yes, I am the one. And I’m glad you decided to come. Otherwise, I would’ve had to follow you home. Just kidding.” she said merrily. 

“So Akenari San, what business do you have with me?”

“Oh, aren’t you cold? Well, I just wanted to test your abilities and strength” she said while flashing a bright smile. 

“Pardon me?”

“Well, you know. You are the first personally referred student I’ve met. So, I’m curious about ya.”

Horo just sighed at this. 

“Sorry, I don’t have time to play with you.” as he said this, he began to leave.

Mia’s expression suddenly turned grim.

“Did I say you can leave?” 

She activated her ability. Normally she would’ve expected Horo to be flying towards her. But for some reason her ability didn’t work.

(Name: Mia Akenari. Age: 19 years old. Height: 5’6”. Weight: 54 kg. Blood group: O+.

Ability: Push & Pull. Mia can pull or push anything or anyone towards or away from her or can pull and push herself away or towards anyone or anything. Although her ability seems simple it has no limits. Unless it’s a wave (eg: sound or light) or something that possess gravity (eg: Earth) 

Weapon: Catastrophe. Developed by the Arms and research team of the Ranger association. Catastrophe is a sword made of part titanium, that can slightly vibrate in its hilt. Mia by activating her ability can push and pull the blade in its hilt which causes it to vibrate at a great pace and this increases the power of the sword. With one swing she can slash boulders in half.) 

“Hahaha, you’re more interesting than I thought,” Mia said excitedly.

Horo looked at her calmly.

She pulled all the swords in the weapon shelves towards her and then launched them away from her and towards Horo. She thought this would put Horo into action. But Horo simply evaded every sword with ease. It seemed like he left the spot a second before the sword would strike him. His movements were almost fluid-like.

“If I can’t pull you, I’ll come to you” saying this Mia launched herself at Horo. Before reaching Horo, she pulled out Catastrophe and swung it. Horo jumped, the tiles where the sword strike shattered, Horo kicked the sword to push himself away. 

“For real Horo Kun. Tell me about your ability.”

“If you so wanna dance, I’ll play along a little” saying this Horo closed his eyes. When he opened them, his true eyes were visible. Mia jeered.

“Is that the rumored Truth-seeking orbs or also called The True eyes?”

Horo smiled, “That blade of yours. You should be careful. You can cut yourself.”

(Name: Horo Kyusei. Age: 19 years old. Height: 5’10”. Weight: 68 kg. Blood Group: AB+.

Ability: Suddha Drishti- ‘Immaculate Vision’. Horo possessed the Truth-seeking orbs or the true eyes. Which gave him the ability of Immaculate Vision. He nicknamed his power The World. The world gave him the following techniques:

  1. Sneak Peek: Horo could look 15 seconds into the future, to predict all the attacks coming his way. His eyes showed him how he could evade those attacks and how to counter-attack. But it did not show him how to attack. And he can only peek into the attacks that will damage him and not anyone else. After every 15 seconds, there is a 5 seconds cool down.
  2. Debuff canceller: The World cancels any debuff targeted at Horo. These include illusions, movement restrictions, possession, etc. Even passive damages like poison, burn, etc are canceled. But direct damages aren’t canceled.
  3. String cutter: The World allows Horo to detect the aura bond between puppets, creations, etc; and their owners. Hence, he can find the weak spots in animate creations and destroy them.
  4. Aura Reading: Horo’s immaculate vision can read people’s aura. Whether they are angry, sad, happy, lying, etc. He can even detect hidden opponents within his range.
  5. Strength buffer: Because of his hyped vision and mutated genes, Horo possesses super strength. 

Breakthrough ability: Arcane Arena.  For a fixed period and range. Horo can predict everything from attacks to movements to defense. His strength is also increased and his evasiveness becomes maximum. His limit as of now is 20 minutes and his range 30m around him.)

Horo charged towards Mia. He went in for a punch. Mia swung her sword at him but predicting her moves he evaded the blade and land his punch in her torso. Mia stopped herself, by pulling herself towards Horo. She pulled an entire shelf towards her and Horo, but Horo had disappeared in the blink of an eye. Mia destroyed the shelf. Knowing where Horo was, Mia took her stance and activated her sword Catastrophe. Catastrophe vibrated violently, Horo could feel its pressure. 

“Here I go!!!!! Calamity Bringer.” shouted Mia before swinging her sword in an upwards direction. Horo escaped its path at the last seconds. After he landed away from her, he looked up at where he was a second ago. The entire steel roof above Mia had torn apart. 

“That was Shura’s stance.” thought Horo. 

Shura was a 60’s sword Ranger who was hailed as the “Conqueror of Blades.” 

Mia didn’t give Horo a breather. She was gliding towards him. Horo chose to go offensive. He waited for her to get close. Once she was close enough, he activated The World once again. He dodged every strike Mia landed on him. He proceeded to go behind Mia and collected his strength on his wrist. He then rotated his palm and hit Mia’s back, releasing the pressure in his wrist. 

Revolver abridged

Mia was blown away. She stopped her trajectory with her sword. 

“You’re not the only one who can use other’s stances”, said Horo.

“That was Pistol Palm’s move.” Mai cheered.

Horo was glad he had seen, Ranger Fujiwara also known as Pistol Palm use this move in front of him. He had implanted it in his mind using his eyes. And after practicing it for months, he had mastered it.

“Horo Kun, you are really fun ya know. But I’ve to go home too. So, let’s end this quickly.” Mia fully released her pressure.

“Sure.” Horo became serious too.

Both charged at each other. 

1