Chapter 20: Gack’Tugs.
426 7 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Voltarian along with two guards that life long friends of his, had set out almost immediately after having been given the order to retrieve the Demon.

“For the love of all Rayala! What could your dad be thinking Voltar?! Sending us up here to collect that skulking recluse of a half-breed! Has your old man finally lost his mind?”

“Watch your mouth Far’Hiram! That is your Shaman you’re talking about! To his son, his successors no less!”

“Oh yeah…” Far’Hiram threw a cheesy apologetic smile towards Voltarian.

But Voltarian just laughed it off.

“No offense taken Hiram. Seks just needs to lighten up!” Voltarian quipped to his friends.

“That is Seksist to you!” Seksist corrected.

“Sorry! My bad!” Voltarian apologized for shorting his friends name.

His friend particularly liked his name that meant “strength of self.”

He often let this get him into trouble, mostly because he thought he had to live up to his name sake, not letting others define him in anyway.

“And besides Seksist! I am not the successor yet. I don’t get an automatic pass, just because I am a shaman who is already his son. I am still just an apostle.” Voltarian corrected him.

But both his friends just rolled their eyes.

“”Yeah!” Right!” Whatever!” Seksist and Far’Hiram yelled at the same time.

“We all know well enough that your old man is going to name you his disciple soon! The you will be taking over as the Shaman of our clan!”

Voltarian was glad he was up out in front leading their group. So that his friends didn’t see his frustrated scowl.

“……Not so sure about that one……..” Voltarian mumbled.

“What was that?!” Far’Hiram asked with a shout.

Voltarian smiled back towards his friend and said with a laugh in his voice he didn’t feel.

“I said your probably as right as everyone saying you’re the spawn of an ogre!”

“HEY!”

This got Seksist distracted and laughing at Far’Hiram’s outrage.

Voltarian instead, focused on what was in-front of then as they climbed the steep slope.

How does she climb this thing all the time?!

Even as an apostle Shaman himself. He was having a hard time navigating his way through the lose rocky slope that led up the mountain.

When he needed to, he would call upon whatever low ranking spirits that were near by that would help him with making more footholds and handholds.

His thoughts swirled to his and his father’s latest argument.

                

 ————————————————-

                   

Voltarian was busy packing supplies he would need for a two day journey.

Really a one day journey, we’ll have to climb the mountain slope, travel around the large peak, then get to her lair.

He hated that he was the one his father was sending, but he understood why.

“Just so you’re aware, I resent having to go to beg that mongrel out of her hiding hole, just to come sort out our problem.” Voltarian looked up from his pack after tying it closed.

“She isn’t even part of our clan!” He yelled at his father.

“*SIGH* Son… I know you hate your cousin, but be reasonable. She is the only one who stands a chance in a one-on-one duel against that monster of a Mokra’Torc. Also, need a remind you, she is still a Dracogusse.”

Voltarian was breathing in-and-out heavily as he stared at his father; his Shaman Tharhym in anger.

“Why have you not named me your disciple yet.” Voltarian asked his father firmly changing the subject. But then he shook his head. “Better yet! Why haven’t you named anyone your disciple yet!”

“*SIGH* Son, is this really the time?”

“If not now old man, when?! If I go to get the half-breed and she fails to even impress Krak’Nathal, we may as well prepare ourselves to run or die.” Voltarian explained his reasoning. “After all this time stringing not only myself a round, but all other apostles as well! some of which have been full fledge Shamans for years! Do you not have any remorse for those who are holding out for hope that you’ll choose them to be your successor?!”

Tharhym said nothing as he inhaled and exhaled. Letting his breath come in and out to calm himself.

“Son… This is one of the many reasons I do not choose them; why I do not choose you.” Tharhym let out a sigh before continuing. “I know I have told you all, and every apostle I have trained, that if they are to be my disciple and become my successor, they must be able to call out to Rayala by name.”

“But we do know her true name! We have all become Shamans! But not because of you! It has been despite of you that we were able to become Shamans!”

“…And that is why… Rayala came to me in my youth, back when you were just a lad at the time. I… She had told me, that I would be gray by the time I found my successor; that I would know my pupil, because he will call on Rayala’s name as if they were her children. That he would not be from the Dracogusse clan.” Tharhym gave his son a sad smile.

“I had known while you were small,” He told Voltarian with tears leaking from his eyes. “I knew, that despite all your hard work, despite following all of my teachings, that you would never grow up to succeed me. That your path would take you down another road. One where you lead Shaman down a different path to the one I show them.”

He reached up to wipe his tears on the cuffs of his sleeves. Looking at his son with a mournful expression.

“I am sorry my son. I wish things could have been different.”

But instead of being understanding, Voltarian was angry.

“And I am just suppose to accept this?! That all of your apostles were suppose to accept this?! That something Rayala had said to you long ago, tells you that none of us are worthy!”

“Son! Listen to me! It was not my place, nor was it my ways that you needed to learn. You were bound by your own emotions, along with many other of the apostles! You and they are to find your own path to become a Shaman; and you have! As your father, I couldn’t be prouder of you!”

“*SCOFF* Not a lot of good that does us outside the clan when we are not a disciple of clan Dracogusse, or to be a Shaman without the blessing of Rayala!”

“Son!… Listen!…”

“No father! As you have said,” Voltarian lifted his pack with a heft. “Now isn’t the time. And apparently it never will be!”

Voltarian marched out of the hut, leaving his father to mourn because of his sons anger.

                      

————————————————-

                                  

“Look! over there! Is that a ridge?!”

Voltarian was brought back to the present as he saw what the Far’Hiram was pointing towards.

“Yeah! Looks like it. Think that is how the Demon gets up and down to the village so quickly?”

“I can almost bet my axes it is.” Voltarian told them.

“Let’s head that way then.” Far’Hiram strongly suggests as he starts heading that way.

The other two nod in agreement before following him.

                                                          

————————————————-

                                    

Anna was currently making a soup for dinner tonight, along with a some noodles from the flour they had.

“I am glad that she is also able to find eggs out there down in the forest… though it is concerning when she tells me she doesn’t know what laid them.”

“≈*GIGGLE* That is our Lilian for you. Silly and careless to a fault.≈”

“Careless is a strong word.” Anna defended.

“≈And you’re very bias.≈” Mar’Aiyanok quipped.

“I might be. But I also know she is going to love this! Maybe better than mash potatoes.”

“≈Doubt it, you are never going to get rid of that girls addiction you caused in her for those potatoes.≈”

“Well I don’t mind if she doesn’t, I am just glad she is open to trying—“

“≈You two, stop chattering! Anna! Go get dressed and cover as much of your face and skin as possible, and only use Mokra’Torc if you can!” Agra’Yala came in like a hurricane.

“”Mother! What’s wrong?!”” Anna and Mar’Aiyanok ask her at the same time.

Agra’Yala did her equivalent of an eye roll at her two daughters’ antics.

“≈Mar’Aiyanok, you should have felt them enter your territory as soon as they entered your mountain range.≈” Then she focused on Anna. “≈And do as I say my child! You are going to have guests soon!≈”

“≈Huh?!≈” “Guests?!” Anna and Mar’Aiyanok exclaim at the same time.

“≈Yes, a trio of Mokra’Torc’s are on their way here now was we speak to talk to Lilian.≈”

“But she won’t be home for another hour or so!” Anna was realizing why this was going to be a problem since Lilian wasn’t here to greet them. So she did as Agra’Yala told her and went over to the storage to start adding layers to herself.

“≈Add bandages as well, as much of your skin as possible. Pretend you are a guest Lilian is taking care of and not her lover.≈”

This caused Anna to pause.

“Agra’Yala…” She really didn’t want to question her, but she wasn’t sure she could lie to someone about her relationship with Lilian.

“≈Just pretend my daughter. At least until Lilian is home, then you won’t need to be pretend or be wrapped up anymore either.≈”

Even as Anna was dressing and coving her hands and face with bandages, she questioned Agra’Yala.

“So I assume there is a reason for this?”

“≈Unfortunately yes. A person name Voltarian is coming to meet with Lilian for they need her assistance. He is also a stubborn traditionalist of his people. He holds a large grudge against many currently. But the three that are currently of your concern to know about is that: He hates human who had killed his mother while she was hunting. He hates his cousin Lilian, who is a half-breed, he also—“

“Woah! Sorry! Back up!” Anna interrupted Agra’Yala as she was speaking. “He is Lilian’s cousin?”

“Technically yes, on his mother’s side: his mother was a the daughter of the child of Lilian’s great-great grandfather.≈”

“Ah! Related but not closely, got it; Hates her and is racist against humans, but has his reasons. I think I got everything so far, anything else?”

“≈………….≈”

Oh that can’t be good. Anna thought as she felt Agra’Yala hesitate.

“…What is it?” Anna asks hesitantly.

“≈He is very chauvinistic in his belief.≈”

“Oooohh…. He and I don’t sound like we’ll get along.”

“≈I very much doubt you will.≈” Agra’Yala agreed with more implied than what she was telling Anna. “≈He will likely find any sort of excuse to cause a scene and find some way hurt Lilian: that is why you need to pretend to be a sick guest, rather than her lover. If he knew that you were in anyway involved with her, or that you were human, he might kill you on the spot.≈”

“But isn’t he coming here to ask Lilian for help or something like that? would he really risk hurting me just to anger her? or more to the point, why?!”

“≈In order: Yes he is, yes he would, and all so that he can find an excuse to kill her if he could. Which is why it is also imperative that you do not mention your relationship. He is part of the large sect of my children that are traditionalists; or I should say extremely traditionalists, or orthodox traditionalists.≈”

“There is a difference between all that, that you need to separate them by name like that?” Anna questions.

“≈Suffice it to say; yes. But only because we lack the time for me to explain more my child. There is one more thing you must not reveal no matter what happens.≈”

Anna got nervous from just hearing Mother Agra’Yala say it like that.

“≈The child coming is a Shaman: he will be able to sense our presence if we are near you like this. So we cannot stay here like this. So you will be on your own until Lilian gets back. So whatever happens, whatever is said or is done. Do not let it be revealed that you can hear or see the spirits.≈”

“Hey! I have been hiding it from Lilian this whole time and she hasn’t figured it out.”

“≈Lilian is also madly in love with you and just thinks your silly when she catches you “Talking with yourself.” So don’t flatter yourself to much Anna. Lilian is just to blindly in love with you. She also doesn’t know what to look for, unlike that prick.≈” Mar’Aiyanok chimes in.

“≈Daughter please! show some decorum.≈”

“≈I will once that brat shows he deserves it!≈”

Anna ignored the bickering as she did a once over on herself.

“Okay! Before you to leave?! How do I look?” Anna asked them to make sure she did not standout in anyway.

“≈Hmm… Besides looking a little short to be a fully grown Mokra’Torc, you might pass as one.≈” Mar’Aiyanok judged. “So hey! good thing your vocabulary for it is shite right now! Makes you sound younger.≈”

Anna looked at her incredulously.

“Thank you? I guess?”

But then she heard Agra’Yala sigh.

“≈We are out of time to do better or to instruct you better than this.≈” Anna felt Agra’Yala come close to give her a hug.

Or for what passed as a hug for Agra’Yala and the other spirits.

In reality, it was just their presence enveloping over Anna’s body as they hovered and passed through her.

Mar’Aiyanok followed suit and gave her a hug as well.

“≈Good luck,≈” And as she was hugging Anna she whispered. “≈It won’t be long now, she is almost here.≈”

And with that last bit said, her spirit family was gone.

Great… wonder how long I have? I should have asked Mar’Aiyanok.

So instead. Anna goes back to what she was doing before, which was cooking.

It was about thirty minutes later when she heard banging on the door.

Anna took a deep breath through her nostrils to cleanse her airways.

Okay! Let’s do this!

                    

————————————————-

                                 

As Far’Hiram rounds the corner of the ledge of the pathway, he notices the wooden and stone outcrop structure jutting out of the side of the mountain.

“Oh! Would you look at that! I think we’re here!” He said with confidence as he strode forward.

“Hey careful! We’re on that mad woman’s territory, no telling what.

“AAAAAAAAAAAA!”

Seksist was interrupted when Far’Hiram screamed.

Both Seksist and Voltarian round the corner to see him planted on the ground with his butt in the snow.

“What why did you?!— Mother Rayala! What the hells?!”

“……………………..” Voltarian was stunned to silence.

The three Mokra’Torc friends were now staring face to face, or in this case, face to severed skull, of a extremely large head of an ogre.

“Holy daughter of Rayala! Look at the size of that thing! It is huge!” Far’Hiram exclaims. “That must be the largest skull we have ever seen. What do you reckon the size is?…”

Only Rayala knows…

“Only Rayala knows that answer…” Seksist speaks Voltarian thoughts aloud.

“Its got to be at least fifteen meters all the way around.”

“H-Hey guys!… crazy thought…”

“What?” Seksist asks Far’Hiram.

“Do you think that this is the skull of Lord Ektrin?!”

“Mother Rayala Hiram! Look at this! Sure it is big! But do you really thing this is the largest and most terrifying ogre on mount Maraiya? And as scare as the Demon is, do you really think she was able to take it on herself?”

But even as this left his mouth, Seksist doubted the validity of his very own words.

“Okay yeah? I guess not… but then? who is this? And did she take him down herself?”

None of them were able to answer that.

Which sent a shudder down their spines.

“L-Let’s just knock on her door and get this over with.” Voltarian stuttered to his friend. He was annoyed at how prominent the stutter was that he noticed it.

He was also annoyed that, despite being a Shaman, he was absolutely terrified of his cousin the halfbreed orc; the so called Demon of the Mountain.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

After a while, they heard nothing from the inside.

It is also a strange that the spirits around the mountain have suddenly vanished as well.

“Do you think she is out?”

“Would she have left a fire going then?” Seksist points towards a pipe that was jutting free from the rock, smoke billowing from its exit point.

“But she lives in a cave! What could she possible burn if she left it on while she was out. It is not like of we leave a hut or a stove going.”

“Look can you two jus—“

*CREAK*

The three stare with wide eyed surprise as the door so slowly pushed open.

A small young figure wearing furs from head-to-toe, with bandages covering their hands, neck and face.

Only their green eyes and brown hair is visible.

“Ah! Umm… Hello? W-what are you? No, wait… that is not right…” The young sounding Mokra’Torc says confused to them. Seeming not sure what to say.

“I… Hello? How can I help you?” The figure finally says through the half opened door while peering at them halfway out of it herself.

Voltarian was so taken aback by the sudden appearance of a person that was not his cousin, he almost missed his opportunity to speak.

“*COUGH* Is the Demon of the mountain home?” He asks the figure with a clear of his throat.

“Oh umm… no… She is not…” She tells him in halting Mokra’Torc.

“Ah! I see, well we are here to see her, to please let us in until she returns.”

“Oh no! I umm… I am not sure I have the right to umm… invite? You inside… I am not the, resident of this home…”

Voltarian realizes that this person is only a guest of her home and is unsure if she should just allow them to enter.

Probably scared the Demon is going to be cruel to her for just letting us in.

But Voltarian just shrugs at her.

“Then there is nothing to fear. We have no interest in you, we are only here to speak with the Demon of the Mountain.” He reaches forwards and grabs the door and pulls it the rest of the way open.

*EEP*

The figure was surprised by his sudden action as was pulled with the door she was still holding on to.

She slams face first in to Voltarian chest.

Voltarian reaches down to assist her, but before he could, she scrambled back away from him.

“I am so sorry! I did not mean to offend!”

She makes a hasty retreat from Voltarian, which causes his heart to flutter.

She felt so very small pressed against me, and her eyes…

He shakes himself from his reverie.

“No offense taken young one. Now excuse us while we enter.”

As all three in turn of them in turn enter inside the Demon’s lair, each one was assailed by a delightful scent.

“Hmmm!… Are we just in time for a meal then?” Far’Hiram asks as his eyes flutter as he takes in the scent of the food as they enter.

“Umm…” The young figure hesitates. “I… did not expect guests… So there is only plenty for two people…”

“Ah! That is a shame.” Far’Hiram says aloud.

Seksist rolls his eyes before smacking his friend on the back of his head.

“What is wrong with you?! Asking for food as soon you enter another’s home. Of course she won’t have any for us.”

But even as he scolds Far’Hiram, his own stomach growls for all to hear. He lets out a cough to as his face heats from embarrassment.

“But that is not to say that, it does not smell wonderful… ha ha…”

“Umm… It…” The figure hesitates before saying. “It would not be much… but I can split a small portion between you three.” She offers.

Voltarian takes a breath to decline but Far’Hiram beats him to that.

“I-Is that really fine?!”

His other two compatriots shoot upset glares at his apparent lack of decorum.

“That!—… That should be fine… as long as there is some left form Lilian.”

Voltarian cringes at the human name coming so easily from the younger Mokra’Torc’s lips. But he soldiers through his discuss.

Since she has offered, it would be rude to decline.

“The  we would be very much appreciate a meal, however small it is that you can offer.” Voltarian tells the young bandaged figure appreciatively.

“O-Okay… let me see if I even have enough t-tableware.”

Voltarian watches as the figure moves in from the side of the Demon home. Flittering about naturally as if she had been her for a while.

“If you do not mind a question while we wait for the Demon to return, how is it that you have found yourself here?” He asks her.

Voltarian watches as her moments become jerky for a second at his question.

“Well……” She hesitates. “Sadly? I do not know.”

“You do not know?” Voltarian asks her suspiciously. Not of her, but more of why she hesitates.

Is the that Demon cousin of mine beating this poor young woman. If the Demon wasn’t so needed at the moment, I would have challenged her for this young lady’s honor.

“It is just… I am not sure how I came to be here exactly. One second, I was home, then next, I awoke on this mountain side.”

The figure says this with some level of confidence as she prepares three bowls with what looked as if she was pouring stew into.

“Ah! I see… do you happen to know what might have happened then?”

“……I am not for certain… but I believe I was sent here through some sort of magic…”

Voltarian was quiet as he exchanged a glances with his two friends.

One of which had never bothered to look away from the figures hands as she prepared dishes for them.

The other nodded his head, as to acknowledge that he had heard what she had just said.

“I see… was this the result of your injury then? I couldn’t help be noticed how incredibly injured you were.” Voltarian ask this as she come over to him with a bowl of food.

“C-Careful, it is hot!” She cautions him.

He takes the offered bowl from her, their fingers slightly touching, causing him to shiver.

“T-Thank you.”

He felt his heart flutter as her green emerald eyes me his.

She gave him a chasten nod.

“You are quite welcome.” She then repeated this for Seksist and Far’Hiram.

“I… We do not have many p-places to sit… so… so just sit where is comfortable.” She told the three of them.

Voltarian nodded his head in reply.

“Thank you, your hospitality is already more than we deserve.” He told her cordially. 

The tiny woman moved back to grabbed a plate, putting a tiny amount on there. Before sitting herself on what was presumably the Demon’s bed.

Does she have no fear of reprisal?! Won’t the Demon yell at her once she catches that she sat on her bed so casually.

But it was clear that this figure had done this so that the two chairs would be free for at least two of them.

“Ooh?!” Far’Hiram says in wonder. “What is this? This?… soft and squishy thing in my soap?”

“Th-those are called noodles. They are made from flour, eggs and potatoes.”

“MMMM!” Far’Hiram moans in delight after taking a bite. “This is far to scrumptious! How in the world is this so tasty?! The meat is so tender, the flavor just bursts in your mouth!”

From the look of Seksist face, Voltarian thought he would have agreed, had he not been slowly chewing and enjoying his meal.

Voltarian look down at his own bowl that was given to him along with a wooden utensil.

He picked at a piece of meat before bring it up to his own mouth to take a bite.

“!!!!!!!” He was completely taken by surprise. “MMMMMM!” He did even try to suppress his moan of delight.

The spice, but also mellow undertone flavors that were suffused within the stringy tender meat was exquisite.

He took a bite of these “noodles” which were soft, delicious and tender. They had a richness all on their own, but combined with the rich, flavorful savory sauce of the stew was simply to die for.

After finishing his meal, Voltarian looked up to see that their hostess had only put the smallest and tiniest portion on their plate.

“…………..” He stared down at his own meal, realizing what they had done.

She gave up her own portion of her meal to feed us gack’tugs…

Voltarian felt guilt for the first time in a while. It was not often he was apologetic for things. Mostly because he refused to be ever caught up in something that he would feel regret doing. Everything he did, he made sure he did and had no doubts once he did them.

But as he stared at the lingering sauce in the bottom bowl on his lap as he sat there on the floor. He reprimanded himself for being such a cad.

He looked over to the figure who looked to be enjoy what little meal she had at all. Her soft looking lips, he emerald green eyes, and despite her bandages wrapped figure, looked like the contours of her face were quite cute.

He swallowed at that thought.

“So? You never answered my previous question.” He reminded her gently with a smile. “And what is thy name? Mine is Voltarian, by the way: apostle of and son of the shaman of the Dracogusse clan. My I have yours and where you hail from.”

The mousey figure bit her bottom lip and looked extremely nervous.

“I umm… I am…”

“≈She is here!≈”

But just then, a voice whispered into the either as a warning.

Voltarian knew who this voice was referring to.

Some spirit seems to be watching out for me.

*BAM*

“My Ashu’Rágé I have retu—“

In an instant, the room was silenced with the appearance of the Demon.

Voltarian could barely take a full breath of air. It was almost as if the air was being sucked out of the room. 

There was also an unnatural chill in the air that followed her arrival upon seeing them. Voltarian shivered again at just how murderous her gaze was that was locking him into place. Her chillingly cold amethyst eyes looked down at him on the floor as of she was peering into his very soul. A purple like fire seemed to shine and burn just behind her irises.

It was as equally mesmerizing, as it was truly terrifying.

Voltarian also thought, that if he wasn’t so positive that she was a half-breed. If someone had asked him this day, that she could conjure a spirit of frost to come and chill this room. He would have to them she could

*TAP* *TAP* *TAP* *TAP* *TAP* *TAP*

Voltarian just glance back at the noise to see that the bandaged young lady had gotten up and started running towards his direction.

He watched in horror though as she ran past him, a smile playing on her lips, as she ran right into the Demon’s arms.

“My Ashu’Rágé, welcome home. We have a few gack’tugs here.”

Voltarian had never had such a range of emotions run through him: Heartbreak. Disgust. Outrage. Sadness. Anger. Jealousy.

But even for all these emotion clamoring together at once, which was a first. The sight before him was more confusing than any he had witnessed thus far in his life.

He saw his cousin smiling.

He had saw her genuinely happy.

The Demon’s harsh and hellfire eyes that threatened to freeze then to the floor. Had softened to the point the he didn’t even recognize her anymore.

What was this?! Was was happening?!

Nothing was right within Voltarian’s mind.

Was the Demon forcing herself on this pure and innocent girl to satisfy her? Was she that depraved and wicked that on only was she a halfbreed, but also backwards in love as well?

But even more to his shock, the tiny female did not run to him. But ran to her.

She threw herself into the Demon’s arms.

They were, from his position, smiling at each other’s faces.

What is this?!

“WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!”

He saw as his cousin blinked her eyes then shift her burning focus back on to him.

“That, my dear Voltarian, is my question.” She looked like she about to come at him like a wild beast; he expected as much since he had invaded her home.

But again, against his expectations, she instead looked back down towards the frail young woman before addressing Voltarian.

“But strictly speaking, dear cousin. I don’t care as much about your reason you’re here as I do for my Ashu’Rágé.” She gently lifted a hand up to brush the side of the woman’s face with the back of her hand.

“Are you alright? Did they hurt you in someway?! Why are you bandaged?!”

The Demon’s voice had gone up an octaves for each question she asked. Her worry prominently was etched on her face as she looked at the young female.

“I am fine my Ashu’Rágé.” The woman assured the Demon while also returning the Demon’s affectionate name for her, back to the Demon.

“These aren’t real bandages.” The woman assured. “I just… didn’t know how they would react to me if you weren’t here.” The woman said as she started to remove the bandages.

All three of the Mokra’Torc were shocked by what they were seeing.

A human.

“A bloody fucking human!” Voltarian shouted.

His heart was both aching that any sort of affection he had shown to this, “THING,” was not only a waste of his time. But also a stain on his honor.

And I loved her cooking— I mean I ate food made by a human as well! Disgusting!

“How dare you deceive us in such a way!” Voltarian yelled his outrage.

She looked back at him with a disappointed expression.

“You know. I thought, and do think you are a nice person, minus how you treated your cousin. But I also think that if race is so important, that you automatically discredit me without giving me a chance, aren’t you the more hateful one?”

Voltarian flushed red with anger.

“How dare you lecture me human! I will— *AUCK!*”

Voltarian was knocked to the floor, with a booted foot pressing down on his chest.

YOU! Will be courteous to my Ashu’Rágé! Or I will rip your eyes out and shove them up your anus!” The Demon threatened.

Without looking, she reached to her left side and threw an axe that same direction.

*THUD*

*EEE—*

Her hatchet landed with a thunk into their new table, right between Far’Hiram’s hands.

“Tell your partner to stop reaching for their weapon if you value your life.” She told Far’Hiram to stop Seksist.

All movement from those two ceased as they watched helplessly as their friend was pinned beneath the Demon.

“Now then.” She bent down so that she was basically squatting on top of Voltarian, who was still reeling from the kick to the stomach he just received. “Care to explain to me, cousin, what it is that you are doing here? Hmm?”

20