It All Starts With A Favor
155 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Done~ Done~ Lalalala~ Time for my bonus~" A month later, Armen comes waltzing into the bureau, grinning and singing off key. His coworker, typing away at a computer like device, looks up at him and only quirks a brow, used to his antics by now. The man, his coworker, is small, pale, and rather average looking. Hence he's not great actor material, however he's like the bureau's lifeline, managing the system and keeping the bureau's technology in top shape. Seeing him, Armen breaks into a blinding smile.

"Well, well, well will you look at who it is? Our bureau's very own fix it man!"

The man sighs. "Hi Armen...I thought I told you to stop calling me that."

"How's it going today Don?" Armen asks, conveniently ignoring his previous words.

"Well, someone's chipper today." Don says.

"Why do you say that?" Armen asks, practically glowing. Don just stares at him, finally he sighs again.

"Did you get the bonus again?"

"Yup!" Armen grins. "Number 1 scum shou as usual!" Grinning, he saunters away until Don suddenly calls out to him.

"Hey...Armen?"

"Yeah?" The other man asks, turning around the light surrounding his face like a halo, accentuating his gorgeous features. For a moment, Don is tongue tied. Damn, I'm not even bent and this guy...no wonder he's so successful as an actor. 

"Don?" Blinking, Don comes back to his senses and opens his mouth with mixed feelings. After a moment of hesitation he finally asks.

"Hey, you...how come you enjoy doing that so much?"

"Doing what?"

"Being the scum shou."

"Why not?"

"I mean, usually only newbies stay there. The experienced ones get out as fast as they can." Don replies, scratching the back of his head.

"Why would they?"

"I mean...it isn't normal. Like, scum gong is one thing because you do others but scum shou is basically getting done by a bunch of scumbags. That...isn't normal." Armen looks at him with a smile.

"What?"

"What's the difference between the two?" Armen says.

"Huh?"

"And regardless, what's the difference between that and acting as the villain or protagonist?"

"But-"

"And besides, the system undoes the damage to your body so once you return anything physical you experience, whether injuries from fighting or sex, are undone."

"Still psychologically-" Don tries to interject.

"Psychologically? Really? It's only humans who attach such importance to breeding. Sex itself is just that, a way to satisfy our bodily desires like excreting feces." At this, Don's face scrunches up in disgust but Armen continues on, not giving him a chance to interrupt.

"No other creature is as weird as us. panthers, Tasmanian Devils, other beasts, they place far less complications onto the matter, every other creature..." For a moment, Don wonders just what Armen did before he became a transmigrator. But the thought quickly disappears as he digests the other man's words.

"Maybe so...but that's such a weird way of thinking...it's not normal. No one thinks like that." At this, Armen bursts into laughter.

"Don, you're the only one among us who still clings to normal. The system chose us for a reason. Who in our department, which of the actors, can be considered normal? Hmm?"

Don pauses, thinking about the question. Damn, there actually isn't anyone...wait, yes there is! "Rai is." As soon as he hears him, Armen bursts into another torrent of laughter, even thumping the table. Don watches him, his face stiff.

"Hahahhaha, that guy? Are you serious?"

"Why, is he not?" Don demands, thinking of their easy going, nearly perfect colleague.

"That guy's totally a wolf in sheep's clothing." Armen says, chortling.

"But...isn't he your best friend?"

"It's because he is that I know better than anyone. Hah, hah..." Armen takes a moment to catch his breath. Then he lifts his head and grandly proclaims: "one day someone will appear that'll shake that guy up and get him to reveal the wolf inside!"

"Hey, what's going on?' A lower, huskier voice sounds from the door at the other end of the room.

"Oh Rai, guess what mission I just finished~" Don watches Armen bound over and shamelessly cling to Rai as if he wasn't just badmouthing him moments before. Catching his eye, Armen winks, before turning back to chatter with Rai. Don stares at the two, speechless. Finally he sighs and turns away. Forget it, I can't understand these crazy actors...

Despite his annoyance, Don can't help but take another quick peek at the duo. One is pale and slender with a fluffy head of dark hair, soft and slender looking. The other has chocolate toned skin, ripped with muscles, his features sharp and strong, and a dark mane of hair cascading down his back.

They look like a picture on some magazine. Don thinks. Honestly, if someone were looking for the picture perfect gong and shou, there you have it, both of them practically living fountains of sex appeal...holdup, what am I thinking??? If those two ever get together then with the trouble they'll cause my workload...For a moment Don feels his soul leaving his body at the terrifying thought. With a shiver he shakes it away and turns back to his work.

"Really, he was all over me Rai! The idiot didn't even realize what was happening! Let's all be happy together", what a joke. Every time I have to enact one of those cheesy, brainless scenes I just can't stop laughing." Armen chatters, practically hanging off of Rai. The other wraps an arm around his waist, holding him up while wearing an indulgent smile. At the words "all over me" his hand imperceptibly tightens before loosening again.

"Anyway, want to grab a drink?" Armen asks, bouncing up.

"That depends..." Rai quirks a brow, "will you go off and howl like a wolf again?"

Instantly Armen turns crimson. "that was one time, one time! And I didn't mean to get that drunk anyway! Why do you still remember that???" Rai simply chuckles, his voice husky and rich, while Armen makes a face.

"Hey Armen!" The two look up to see one of their coworkers running towards them. It's Jay, another one who is far from normal. With green hair and 12 piercings (including a nose ring) his aesthetic is quite...unique shall we say. However, beyond that he's pretty "normal"...until he meets a stronger opponent, then the true battle crazy freak is revealed. This makes him ideal villain or "protagonist's goofy  fighting maniac friend side character A" material so he's generally pretty sucessful...so long as he doesn't overpower the protagonist himself.

"Yeah, what's up?" Armen asks, stepping forward.

"I know you just got back but..." Jay scratches the back of his frizzy afro.

"Say it."

"There's another world that just opened up and the story's starting soon...I'm only asking you because it's your specialty...And argh! If not you then they were thinking of sending me but if I go into the world as a scum shou then I can't dye my hair, wear piercings, and I have to wear boring clothes!" Jay wails, clutching his neon t-shirt.

Hearing this, Armen laughs softly. "That's right, you can wear whatever crazy outfit you'd like as a villain or quirky supporting character but a scum shou has very specific requirements."

After a moment of thought, Armen steps over to Jay and lifts his chin, scrutinizing him. "You know...if you dyed that hair back to normal, removed those piercings, wore something a bit...calmer shall we say you'd make the perfect little shou...so long as you never speak that is."

Jay steps back with a shiver. "Don't give those guys any ideas, otherwise they will move me to the shou department!" He wails. "Anyway, will you do it or not???"

Armen chuckles again. "Calm down, don't get your feathers all ruffled. Of course I'll do it-"

"You just came back." Armen and Jay turn around to see Rai, who'd previously been completely silent. With a smile Armen bounds over to him and leans his chin on his shoulder.

"Awww, are you worried for me? Don't be, I'll be back in a jiffy." At this, Rai sighs helplessly and just like that it's decided. Armen heads off to put on his intergalactic suit to prepare for the jump. Within moments he's at the launch point.

"Helmet and safety gear?"

"Check."

"System?"

"Check."

One by one they go through the safety protocols until it's finally time for the jump. Settled in his tube like capsule, Armen watches as the timer counts down.

6...5...4...

I wonder if I'll get paid extra for this? Or maybe they'll add it to next quarter so I can get a head start on that bonus...Armen's mind wanders as he listens to the countdown he's heard numerous times. Suddenly, he vaguely notices a commotion through the foggy glass of his capsule.

Hmm? What's going on? Why is Rai grabbing Jay? Wait, why is the boss here? What's going on-

3...2...1!

Bam. He's gone.

Meanwhile, back at the base...

"YOU IDIOT!"

"Ow, ow! Don't hit me boss!" Jay cries, attempting to run behind the generally more affable Rai as their furious boss whacks him with her binder. Unfortunately, the normally affable Rai isn't quite as affable now, grabbing Jay and placing him roughly in front of their boss.

"What's going on? Why are you hitting me?!" Rai demands, wailing at the injustice.

"You," hit, "were so", hit, "desperate not to go to that world as a shou", hit, "that you packed your colleague off and sent him-"

"Yeah, because he'll do a better job than me-"

"To", hit, "the", hit, "wrong", hit, "WORLD!"

Jay freezes, his eyes widening. Then he slowly turns to face the world jumping machine. "But-but wasn't it set for that new world...?"

"NO you idiot! You were so concerned about not going there that you didn't even hear us say that that world opens up next week!"

"Then-then what's this world?"

"Nothing!"

"What? A nothing world???"

"No you idiot, this week we were re-calibrating this machine so it wasn't even set to any particular world. Now you've sent our best employee off somewhere into the universe and we have to find him!"

4