The Perfect Halo
142 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By this point Armen was sure that something had gone very wrong. Not only did he have no memory of the world or character he was playing, he had no link to the system whatsoever. Furthermore, he'd wound up in an alleyway lying on a clump of trash bags with a very irritated cat lying on his head  yowling. This is clearly neither a luxurious villa not a gay bar, his usual landing locations.

The appearance of a transmigrator in a new world, usually leads to an imbalance of luck since the transmigrator temporarily sucks up a portion of the luck in that world. Eventually, the protagonist reclaims that luck, hence counterattacking the transmigrator acting as a villain. However, in this situation, right off the bat Armen found his luck value nearly non existent. And by connecting it with the vague scene he saw before his launch, it's easy to come to the conclusion that something went very wrong.

"Well then, only one thing left to do..." Armen says to himself, as he stands (startling the poor cat) and dusts himself off. "Let's go find some luck!"

While transmigrators tend to manipulate a world's luck the world usually already has luck of its own. There are certain individuals with the luck to be protagonists, others with the luck of villains, cannon fodder, or even luck that defies the traditional modes.

All transmigrators are taught to sense or at least be able to identify such luck and Armen, after his years of experience, is easily an expert. So, he exits the alley, finds himself by a busy street, and wanders along the street examining the pedestrians passing by to and fro. Along the way he examines his own clothes. Generally when transmigrators are dropped into new worlds they are given clothing relevant to their identity in the world. In this case Armen is wearing a plain white T-shirt and jeans instead of his intergalactic suit so at least something worked right, he blends right in.

Armen chuckles to himself imagining what would have happened if he was left stranded in his suit. This world he's been stranded in is similar to the previous world he was in for his tenth mission in that quarter, in the sense that it appears to be in the 21st century. In fact, it's quite similar to Armen's own world.

How lucky, if I was stranded in some void or in prehistoric times, just imagine that...Although, at least I could scavenge there. Here there are laws and with no ID card, no credit card, with nothing, life is going to be tough...Oh well I always have my face and body which are, after all, top of the line goods. This thought puts Armen in a more cheerful mood and he starts whistling a tune.

Glancing to his left he sees a beggar boy crouching by a building, his head lowered and a shaggy mane of hair covering his face. The pedestrians pass by him as if he's invisible. Armen casually glances over and sees a hint of the boy's large baby blue eyes. What a beautiful pair of eyes...wait. Armen slows his steps and squints at the boy. Slowly he sees a multicolored aura above the other's head.

Noticing his stare the boy looks up at Armen hopefully but, instead of giving him cash, the man simply stares at him. Meanwhile, Armen is analyzing the boy's aura.

Well, well, well, should've guessed that someone with such pretty eyes can't simply be an ordinary beggar. Judging by those colors I'd say...he'll have a bit more misfortune before fortune hits him. But...the fortune isn't clear colored, I suppose it'll be someone who helps him in order to use him for something...I can think of several dog blooded plots that fit that. Maybe a rich pedophile takes a fancy to him? Or...well there was that one time where the protagonist was picked up as a beggar in order to become a rich businessman's son's body double, hmm... 

The little boy starts to become antsy under Armen's strange gaze but the hope of getting some cash out of this strange man who at least doesn't ignore him outright, keeps the boy rooted in place. Meanwhile, Armen continues scrutinizing.

While unclear the fortune is there so I'd assume he doesn't stay in a disadvantageous position for long...probably has revenge and counterattacks. So I guess he is a protagonist and I could help him out so he owes me when he grows older and capable but...Armen looks down at himself. Being homeless and penniless as I currently am, where would I have the ability to help a beggar kid? If anything, I'd have to join him. I suppose brotherhood between fellow beggars could still be formed but...do I really want to put myself through that?

At this point the little boy is fidgeting.

Alright, that does it. Enough of this, lets find a protagonist who has already become a winner in life to take care of me! Armen decides, ignoring the fact that an already successful person probably has nothing to gain out of helping him.

And with that, the poor boy watches gobsmacked after the man who started at him for eight solid minutes turns and strides away. Then what was all that staring for??? People these days!

Meanwhile Armen, oblivious to the boy's indignant thoughts, continues sauntering along. At some point, he comes across an amusement park. Gazing at the park languidly he keeps walking, not slowing his steps. He passes by an alleyway next to the amusement park, then pauses, retracing his steps.

In the alleyway is a couple...eating their faces off quite literally. The couple is decked out from head to toe in gear from the nearby amusement park but Armen doesn't even blink at this strange scene, having seen plenty in his transmigrating days.

Gazing at the couple, he squints and slowly a halo appears. (By this point the couple has started getting handsy, the man's hand slips under the woman's shirt and the woman's under the man's pants).

As Armen continues to squint the halo takes a lush rosy color. Ah, the protagonist here seems to be the woman and by the looks of it she's already achieved success in her love story...(By this point the couple starts making lewed moaning and groaning sounds as they grind against each other).

Since the woman is the protagonist I assume the genre here is shoujo with smut as well, I have less experience in that but...and that also explains the amusement park gear. Isn't one cliche of shoujo that the rich male lead takes the poor female protagonist to the amusement part that she's never been able to afford before? Or was it that the female protagonist takes the male lead who is from a rich and influential family and "above the common people" to an amusement part to understand the joys of ordinary life? (At this point the woman notices Armen staring ang she complains into her boyfriend's ear. He comforts her and tells her to ignore irrelevant people and focus on him).

Armen continues squinting, scrutinizing the halo. So if she's already finished and achieved success in her romance then maybe I should stick around her halo to let the system sense me more easily... (At this point the woman whines again and the man turns angrily to face Armen).

"What the hell are you staring at you bastard? Piss off or I'll have my body guards remove you!" The woman blinks upon hearing this, then turns back to the man.

"You brought body guards? But I told you not to, this is an opportunity to experience normal life without bodyguards and anything from that world!"

"But-"

As the two argue Armen slips away with a sour face. How rude. And I was right on the mark about the "experiencing normal life business". Anyway, this is why I don't dabble in shoujo, those female protagonists can be so annoying...Armen thinks to himself, conveniently forgetting that it was him who was staring first.

So the wanderer continues wandering, searching for the ideal halo...and then he sees it. Shining so spectacularly that you'd have to be blind (or untrained) to see it: the halo of a winner.

Armen speeds up and sees that the halo is above a man, tall, dark, and well muscled with short cropped hair. Next to him, nearly touching him, stands a shorter slender looking fellow. Seeing this, Armen's face alights. Yes, it's my kind of story: BL!

So Armen follows them, noticing how the taller man stands proudly on his own, however with a strange sense of desolation surrounding him. Meanwhile the shorter man looks hesitant but repeatedly tries to draw closer to the taller man. Armen yawns. I can already see a dog blooded plot going on...The only thing is, why does the profile of the smaller man look so familiar? Ah, I suppose I've seen too many shous, scum or otherwise, and there's a familiarity in all of them.

They turn a bend and Armen glances up, only to freeze as he sees the two men's profiles clearly for the first time. The larger man is tall and dark, in a suit however his well muscled body is quite clear, while the smaller man is pale and slender with a soft head of fluffy hair but more than that...Armen squints. Those two...why does one look exactly like Rai and the other like me?

3