Naturally It’s Option Three
128 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By this point Armen has followed the duo for quite some time and his feet are crying. Why must you walk everywhere? Is it not perfectly reasonable to take a taxi? At this thought he pauses for a moment. But then again I can't pay for one so this option is better. 

Whilst internally complaining about the walk, Armen continues to contemplate why the smaller man looks exactly like him and the other like Rai. Okay so there are three options. Option one, there just happens to be some crazy lookalike of Rai and I who happen to know each other by some crazy coincidence of the universe. Option two, those two happen to be us from the future who both transmigrated to this world and there's some convoluted time thing going on. I mean, with everything that's happened to me that doesn't seem like much of a stretch. Option three...Armen closes his eyes, unwilling to consider it and get his hopes up. But even with option three it only explains my lookalike's presence, not Rai's, so it's probably not that one. Hmm...I'm thinking two. If it is, that'll make my life that much easier...

As he follows the men, Armen takes some time to observe them. The Armen and Rai lookalikes in front of him behave completely differently than himself and Rai. Rather than friends, they look more like...the main characters of a BL. Well...the Armen lookalike looks like a pitiful shou trying, but hesitant to reach out to his gong, enacting a one man show, while the the Rai lookalike looks unaffected. Imagining this, Armen scoffs. Peh! With that dynamic those two are clearly nothing like Rai and I! I mean, that Rai lookalike could pass for him if you lengthen the hair, change the clothing, and remove that air of desolation. But the me lookalike...peh! I'm ashamed of you! I'd never act like such a jilted lover. 

With this internal commentary Amen follows the men as they wind past alleyways and through curving roads to finally arrive at a...graveyard? Is this actually a horror world? He wonders with a shiver.

The two slip inside and walk past the grave stones arranged in rows. After several minutes they finally arrive at a specific one. Armen takes a quick glance at it and furrows his brows. Why is it shaped so oddly? But I can't clearly see what it's shaped like from here...oh well, it's none of my business.

Meanwhile the two men stand there solemnly until the Armen lookalike slowly starts to speak.

"...It's been a year." After this he pauses, as if unsure how to continue. Then he starts again. "We...walked here, all the way here just like you'd always say, to help the environment and protect nature..."

Armen squints. No wonder they walked all the way here, I guess the dead person was an environmentalist. I can see why he or she'd say that but honestly, with my larger perspective, I've seen so many different worlds, some where animals lord over humans, others that have become downright apocalyptical...that it just doesn't make sense to care so much about the environment of a single world. But then again I guess those two do live here...Armen surmises, observing the two while providing a cynical inner commentary.

Meanwhile, the smaller man is still talking. "I wonder what you're doing up there? Probably climbing heaven's greatest mountains and chasing after beasts...whatever it is, I know you're doing something amazing because you were always amazing...so amazing that everyone only saw you and not me...

Oh? Armen pricks his ears forward. Seems like grief isn't the only emotion present here. At this point the smaller man is speaking faster and faster.

"You were always so perfect and everyone preferred - no prefers - you, even-" He whirls around to face the Rai lookalike who is looking rather displeased at this point.

"What are you doing?" He growls out.

"I know you still remember him, I know it but please, please won't you give me a chance?" The Armen lookalike practically begs but the Rai lookalike simply turns away. Seeing this, maybe because of the fact that the pathetic individual shares his face, something in Armen snaps and he jumps forward.

"Excuse me! You are in front of a grave, a grave! Do you want restless spirits to haunt you? More then that, what the hell is this???" He roars, causing the other two to jump and turn to him in shock.

"You!" Armen continues roaring, pointing at his lookalike. "Why are you letting yourself look so pathetic!? Stand up proud and tall and if he rejects you he's the one who's blind, there are plenty of better fish in the sea!"

"And you!" He continues roaring, pointing at the other man. "You sound like scum, you know that? Quit leading him on and break your ties neatly!"

"And now!" He continues, turning to the tombstone, "who is the dumbass creating all this mess even after he's kicked the bucket?!" He demands. Examining the tombstone, he's finally able to make out its strange shape. "Huh! This wierdo even wanted a tombstone shaped like a Tasmanian Devil! And his name is-"

Armen Babayan

Instantly Armen chokes, hearing two stunned voices from behind him: a lower throaty "Armen?" and a softer, "Brother???" Hearing the two voices Armen doesn't respond. Inside his mind there's only a few words: Oh shit, it is option three.

After a moment of mental preparation, he turns around a forceful smile pasted on his face. The two stare at him, their faces identical masks of shock. Well yeah, a dead guy just came back, Armen thinks to himself.

Armen's lookali-brother, is the first to speak: "How-how are you here? How is this even possible?"

"Hmm..." Armen twiddles his thumbs. "Well, would you believe me if I tell you that most of the things we believe impossible, are actually possible?"

The two stare at him, lost. Armen sighs. Then, he decides to do what he does best: bullshit his way through.

"Well, I missed you guys - well you", he amends, pointing at his brother, "so much that I came down to see you! As for you," he turns to the other guy. "I don't really know you but I appreciate you being here to support my brother!" Hearing this, the other man opens his mouth as if he wants to say something but, changing his mind, he shuts it.

"But-but how are you here?" His brother repeats, in a frozen state of shock.

"Well, that is a very, very, very, very, very long story." Armen says, placing his hand on his brother's back and steering him to the exit of the graveyard. "So, why don't we go home, eat a nice warm meal, and talk about it, hmm?"

"But-but-but-" His brother continues like a broken record. Seeing his state Armen clicks his tongue before turning to the Rai lookalike.

"Hey." The other man just stares at him, he's been staring at him since Armen first appeared. Hearing Armen call out to him, he takes several moments to finally respond. "...Yes?"

"What's your name?"

"...Raian." What's this why are even the names basically the same!? Ignoring his inner turmoil, Armen continues.

"You Raian, come give me a hand with my brother."

"...Ok." The man slowly lumbers over as if sleepwalking and Armen irritated clicks his tongue as his snail like pace. This guy definitely isn't the Rai I know, he's like a big oaf! My Rai is way more quick witted!

With Raian's help, Armen manages to bring his thoroughly dazed brother home. They take a taxi and Armen let's Raian pay (because he's broke), internally justifying it to himself: Hmph, this jerk treated my little brother like a scum shou, he deserves to pay.

They arrive at the house Armen was formerly living in with his brother. It's still exactly the same as when he left it and, seeing the building, Armen feels something tight in his chest. Squashing it back down, he struts up to the front door and reaches under the doormat. After several minutes of digging and getting his hand covered in dust in the process, he's pretty sure that the keys aren't there.

"Oh...here!" His brother says, finally somewhat snapping out of his daze.

"Thank you." Armen says, grabbing the keys and unlocking the door. The inside is...just as he remembers it. Then he turns back outside and drags his brother in before turning to Raian. Invite him in or not...? I mean, he was super helpful and everything...

Suddenly a phone starts ringing. Armen looks up to see Raian reach into his pocket. Oh, perfect timing!

"Go ahead and take it, thank you for bringing us this far, we'll take it from here." And with that, without waiting for Raian's response, he slams the door on his face. Take that for causing drama with my brother!

"Brother that's rude!" Armen hears his brother, Arsh, call out from behind him.

"Oh? Rude is it? After he ignored you like that you're still standing up for him?" He asks, turning around and raisin g a brow.

"He didn't just ignore me! That was just because-because..." Arsh looks at the ground, biting his lip. Armen examines his brother's conflicted expression cooly. From what I heard earlier, there's a whole dogblooded drama going here and I'm the protagonist! Ha! As expected I cause waves even when I'm dead...oh screw it, I'll just do what I do best: pretend I know nothing and stomp through!

"He had a phone call anyway." He says with a shrug.

"Oh." His brother says, blinking.

"Anyway, let's get down to business!" Armen says, sliding into a chair at the dinning room table.

"Business?"

"Well, I've been gone a year, don't you have any questions?"

2