Behind the Lens
102 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning it's Armen who answers the doorbell on its third ring while his brother remains in his room, snoring away, peacefully unaware of the massive hangover in store for him. The previous night, the brothers' heart to heart talk and movie eventually evolved into a full blown drinking session. At some point during the hazy night of drunkenness they piled into one bed together (Arsh's since Armen's was dusty and unused) and began bickering until they finally fell into the throes of sleep.

Being a scum shou, Armen has ample practice drinking due to the abundance of drinking scenes in BL. There's the overused drink and accidentally sleep with the scum gong who's fickle nature leads him to fall in love with the scum shou (Armen) instead of the protagonist scene. Or there's the scene where the scum shou tricks the cutie little white bunny protagonist into getting drunk in a bar in order to be assaulted by a bunch of scums, although the male lead naturally saves him before that can happen.

Regardless, Armen has plenty of experience drinking therefore he's the one who manages to wake the next morning and blearily answer the doorbell on its third ring. Fumbling with the handle, Armen shoves the door open with a bang. Yawning, he raises his gaze lazily to inspect the unexpected visitor...only to stop mid yawn.

Well, what have we here? The winner in life has presented himself on my doorstep Armen thinks, scrutinizing the very nervous looking Raian all dressed up in a suit and tie. Seeing Armen, Raian blinks in surprise before slowly verifying which twin is at the door.

"...Armen?"

"Bingo!"

Armen waits for Raian to say something yet the other party simply gazes at him tentatively. This staring contest continues for several moments until Armen opens his mouth.

"Okay then!" Raian blinks at his enthusiastic declaration. "Uh...huh?"

"Let's go." Armen says, striding past Raian out the door. Then he pauses. "Oh wait, give me a sec." He turns and runs back into the house leaving behind a very bemused Raian.

Several moments later he comes back out, having changed out of his pajamas and into jeans and a t-shirt. Furthermore, Armen is carrying a distinctive black bag with him. Seeing it, Raian's eyes flash and he opens his mouth.

"Your camera?"

"Yup."

"Why...?"

"My new project, I'm filming a winner in life." Armen replies flippantly, sauntering towards Raian's sleek, black car.

"What...?" Raian slowly follows him, stumbling like a sleepwalker.

Armen leans against the car and raises a brow towards him. "I heard you own a company?"

"...You mean me? You want to film me?" Raian asks, his eyes widening, something within his dark orbs shaking.

"Uh-huh, now open the car."  And so off they go to Raian's company. Along the ride, Raian still looks dazed while Armen does what he does best: bullshitting non-stop.

"Ah I see you don't have a driver, very modest, yes. Let me capture a shot of you in the driver's seat." Click. "Mmm-hmm, do you have an assistant? I suppose they don't follow you around attending to your every need like a butler?" Click. "Okay, very down to earth. Oh is that dry cleaning I see? Let me snap a pic-"

"You...what are you talking about?"

"Hmm? Well, you know the classic CEO's always have an assistant butler and driver following them around, right?" But then again all my knowledge is based on individuals in situations in worlds that fit specific stereotypes to cater to the intergalactic audiences. So I guess I have a biased view of CEO's...Armen muses to himself.

For a moment, Raian simply opens and closes his mouth. Finally, he simply says: "you...I thought you don't film people?"

"Hmm?" Armen blinks. Oh yeah, I guess I did have that rule before. I used to be such a snobbish photographer, I mean once upon a time it was my everything but...The corner of Armen's lip quirks into a cynical smile. What's the point in treasuring and capturing every moment in life when life becomes a repeating, never ending cycle?

Suddenly, the car darkens as Raian pulls into an underground garage.

"Oh, are we here?" Armen's eyes alight as he sits up. Raian parks, the two get out of the car, and walk up to his office. Along the way, several people give Armen curious looks in his distinctive casual wear.

"Sir, where have you been? You have a meeting starting in five minutes." A sharp voice comes from a slender Indian woman, Divya, standing at the entrance to Raian's office. Ah, here's the legendary assistant! Armen thinks, noting Divya's crisp suit and no nonsense manner.

"Alright give me a minute." Raian replies, slipping into his office. Divya makes a sound of assent, then she catches sight of Armen and something visibly flickers in her gaze.

"You..."

"Divya, this is Armen." Raian says, coming back out.

"...Armen?"

"Yes, he's Arsh's twin brother."

"...twin brother??"

"Yup."

Several moments later, a serious meeting is underway, yet one person sticks out like a sore thumb.

"Cough! Sir, who is this?" A mustached, balding man asks, gesturing towards Armen.

"He's..."

"I'm your boss's photographer." Armen replies with a grin.

Despite the confusion the meeting still goes underway, however...

"Alright so your proposal is saying-" Click! "Your idea is intriguing, however-" Click! "This proposal will bring up sales however-"Click! After Raian's eyes wander over to the ever active camera and, more importantly, the face behind it, for the nth time, even he has to admit that he's paying more attention to that face than this meeting.

So, several moments later Armen finds himself "politely escorted out". Sighing, he starts to fiddle with his camera. "Well Buddy, looks like we got kicked out." He lightly pats the camera, then pauses. How long has it been since I've talked to my camera like this? For that matter, how long has it been since I last carried my camera around?

Armen laughs, however it sounds forced even to his ears. Sighing, he turns to the side and pauses when his eyes catch sight of an azure butterfly landing on a tree outside the window. His eyes alight and he creeps over while instinctively reaching for his camera to bring it up to his face. Click!

"Who are you photographing?" Armen jumps, then turns to see Rian behind him. Is his meeting over already? As if sensing the question, Raian directly responds. "We're having a break."

"Oh." You're the boss so...does that mean you called it?

"Who were you taking a picture of?"

"Oh her, isn't she a beaut?" Armen asks, gesturing behind him vaguely. Raian looks up just in time to see a secretary from another department leaving after delivering a package, her dark silky hair swaying softly behind her. His brow furrows.

"Anyway, you can get on with your meeting and-"

"So you don't want to photograph me anymore?" Armen blinks at Raian's sharp tone.

"Huh?"

"You're photographing others now?"

"Um..." Does a butterfly count as others?

"So you're just going back on your words? We won't let you in the meeting and you decide you're done photographing me?" Armen looks up speechlessly.

Several minutes later, he and Rain decide to meet up at Armen's studio to continue the photo session and Raian struts back into his meeting like a preening peacock.

Seeing him go, the edge of Armen's lip quirks up. He seems...a bit cute?

2