An Unlikely Pairing and A Sudden Confession
73 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you alright?" Divya asks, peering at a green faced Arsh.

"Urgh, no I don't think I am." He groans before turning to the side and heaving. To explain how this scenario came about, we'd have to backtrack quite a bit to when the four first entered the park. Upon sighting the wide array of colorful rides, Armen went straight for the massive roller coaster right in the center.

Naturally, as with all amusement parks, the line was impossibly long. Armen didn't mind; he was snapping photos here and there, trying to capture pieces of the world he'd missed for so long. Meanwhile, Raian was glued to his side, watching him with the most nauseatingly (according to Divya) doting smile imaginable. This left the miserable duo behind them; Arsh dripping with envy and Divya silently mourning her lost day off.

Eventually, the duo did reach the front of the line and got on the roller coaster. As roller coasters do, it slowly chugged all the way up. Upon reaching, it teetered for a moment at the very top-then it abruptly dropped. With screams and cheering the it zoomed all the way back to the bottom, turning upside down along the way. Finally they reached the end, everyone taking a moment to catch their breath-except Armen. With a wide grin, he turned to the rest of his windswept compatriots. "Can we go again?"

Overall, was actually pretty fun...until the seventh ride. Arsh was the first to cave, his face turning completely green-and not with envy. Divya wasn't feeling too great herself so she went to accompany him while the boss remained with Armen who still didn't seem to be the least bit tired. So, here they were.

"You know, you could have asked to stop earlier if you were having that much trouble," Diya says, glancing at Arsh.

"But-my brother...blergh..."

"Jeez, why must you compare yourself to him? He's a completely different person." After all those rides I'm not even sure if he's a person, even the boss wasn't looking too great by then. She internally mutters.

"But Raian, he...blergh..." Hearing this, Divya rolls her eyes. Both you and the boss with your hopeless crushes...And dude, if he hasn't liked you in the past year what makes you think anything will change, especially with your brother being back? Speaking of which...it's all his fault isn't it? Why did his brother just have to reappear like that...I'm putting my overtime on his tab. Plus, what right does he have to act all ignorant and naive like that? Just look at the mess his brother is in. She glances at the throwup bag by Arsh's feet.

"...likes him, but doesn't like me. I'm not good enough, but I'm trash for thinking like this, I'm"- Divya blinks, her attention returning to Arsh's words but as she hears him, her brow furrows deeper and deeper. Finally, she snaps.

"HEY!" Arsh freezes, mid rant.

"WHY THE HECK ARE YOU SO FIXATED ON MY BOSS??? There are plenty of other fish in the sea right??? Plenty of others who'll actually like you."

Arsh blinks, looking up at her. "...like who?"

"Like..." Divya looks around the amusement park, at the pedestrians walking back and forth. "Argh! I don't know, someone."

Arsh looks skeptical.

"There definitely is, I mean you're pretty cute and all-"

"You think I'm cute?" Arsh looks up at her, his eyes sparkling and Divya feels severe flashbacks to the time she walked into her friend's animal enclosure and saw a puppy staring at her in the same way.

"Uhhh..." She opens and closes her mouth.

By the way, that day she ended up bringing the puppy home and it's currently sleeping in her house.

Moving to our other duo, Armen and Raian stand before the final ride: the Ferris wheel.

"I can's believe Arsh and Divya didn't want to come. I mean, this is literally the mildest out of all the other rides." Armen sighs.

"They're probably tired," Raian says whilst internally thinking, they've been with us long enough. It was about time we separated. 

"Oh well...oh it's our turn!" The duo board their coach, Armen on one side and Raian on the other. Slowly it starts to spin. Raian watches Armen, tracing the curve of his face with his eyes. All the previous rides were so fast that it was difficult to get an opportunity like this, to gaze at that face that haunted Raian's very dreams...until he came back. Armen looks out the window, trying to ignore the other's blatant gaze until his eyes catch sight of something in the distance.

"Oh it's the moon, it's not even completely dark out and it's already out! Raian look, the moon is so large this evening, so pretty..."

Raian makes a noise of agreement, however his face is glued to Armen's glowing visage. Yes it is very pretty...

Armen blinks, feeling the gaze on his face turn deeper. Being a scum shou, he's no stranger to being gazed at, however it's usually lust or desire hidden within. Raian's gaze isn't like that, whether there is lust or not, what shines through is...doting. There's a pure desire to pamper and treasure within that clean gaze that makes Armen feel like there are ants crawling along his face, just because of the unfamiliarity of it.

I know what to do with lust or even awe, but this? What the hell am I supposed to do with this? And I'm even leaving soon...Thinking of this, Armen's gaze turns downcast. Sensing his moon, Raian feels a foreboding in his chest and something, perhaps a sudden fear of losing this man once again, causes Raian to open his mouth-the Ferris wheel abruptly stops and their box is at the top. Armen peers down.

"Oh, looks like they've finished up, I guess they're unloading whoever's below us first. Well, I guess this is our last moment to be at the very top, might as well enjoy it." Armen lazily glances back at the moon, appearing calm and unaffected by everything...even the world itself. Raian feels his throat clench.

"Armen."

"Hmm?" The other man turns his head, raising one lazy brow.

"I love you."

Cough! Armen chokes, erupting into a coughing fit. Cough, cough! He clutches the side of the box, breathing slowly to calm himself down. What was that? What the hell was that? I think I just-

"I love you." Raian repeats, his gaze focused on Armen, pure emotions and dead seriousness. Armen slowly, dreadingly looks up to meet his gaze, all the while his instincts screaming at him to run away, to escape. He meets that clean, honest gaze and opens his mouth.

1