Father and Son
2k 7 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Royal Ancestor Grounds - The Sacred Heaven Immortal World

The Royal Palace had many grounds in its structure. From the Royal Grounds were only direct members of the Royal Family could stay, to the Feng Clan quarters where the rest of the Feng Clan lived, to the various Servant Quarters. But none of them, not even the Royal Quarters themselves, were as dangerous as the Ancestor Grounds of the Royal Family.

Below the Palace itself, the various Ancestors of the Feng Clan cultivated their strength. The reason they were considered being so dangerous was because of the fact that all of them were previous Emperors, old monsters that were cultivating to become Gods. As the process itself could possibly take millions of years — a long time, even for an immortal — they barely even moved from their positions, as they didn't have a need for food or water thanks to their immense power, they were only roused when the Sacred Heaven Empire faced an apocalyptic struggle, for interrupting their cultivation had a risk of setting back thousands of years.

An example of this would be Thunder and Blood War, where a massive invasion of the Demon Realm had happened many of the bigshots of the Demon Realm had come from the Demon Realm, many of the Ancestors fell in those days and many others suffered near-crippling injuries, and the Sacred Heaven Empire was nearly brought to its knees. Both because of the conflict and the resulting fallout. That was known as The Year of a Billion Rebellions, where many of the Vassals of the Sacred Heaven Empire rebelled against the Royal Authority of the Emperor.

As many of the Ancestors were recovering from the great struggle against the denizens of the Demon Realm, and to make sure that the rest of the founding Clans were not getting any ideas, the previous Heavenly Emperor had to make a few concessions, concessions that were still felt to this day. After all, there was a reason all the Four Founding Clans greatest beauties became Royal Consorts.


Feng Yuan the current Heavenly Emperor of the Sacred Heaven Empire, walked the downward steps with determination, the Ancient Traps and Formations that were kept active at all times not attacking him, after all he is a direct member of the Royal Clan and so they wouldn't attack him.

His aim here was simple: he needed to speak with his father about the God-Kin that had lived right in their own capital world without them knowing. Which was no laughing matter.

It had been many centuries since he last spoke with his father after their private discussion, which had quickly become heated after he learned from his own father's mouth the concessions that he had done, which make him bitter even today. But if he was going to speak to his father on the fact that a God-Kin was right under their noses for decades with none of them knowing about her, then he would have to keep a clear head.

Which wouldn't be easy. But for the sake of his family and his Empire he would try to keep his talk with his father civil. That, he vowed to himself.

The stairway ended, leaving him to walk forward towards a great stone door that was built many centuries ago. If a normal cultivator stepped in the mere presence of this ancient doorway, they would immediately undergo a rise in their realms. As this was without a doubt the place where the highest concentration of Qi was found in all the Empire. After all, there was a reason the Sacred Heaven Immortal World has such a high concentration of Qi. It was all thanks to his ancestors that still lived in the Immortal Realm.[

Their power was so great, that it attracted Immortal Qi from all over the Empire's territory, and it had been building over the centuries to become such a high concentration that Feng Yuan was sure that if he stepped in it, he would immediately see an improvement in his own cultivation. Some would say that it was a bit too much, but those that knew of the difficulty of entering the God Realm would say that these methods were acceptable.

Who. Goes. There?

The voice was like a thunder in his ears, mind, and soul. Feng Yuan gripped his head and tried to regain his composure, it seems that he was still not powerful enough to properly meet his Ancestors. Even if they were suppressing their power that was woven even in their very voice, the Ancestors of his clan were simply in another realm of existence.

"Feng Yuan, venerable Ancestors," Feng Yuan said, his hands cupped as he bowed low enough to show respect but not submissiveness. He was still a ruler after all, and something his father always told him is to never show weakness in front of someone who is stronger than you, for that would assure them that you are under their control.

There was silence, before the heavy doors that led towards the chamber opened themselves, the Qi contained within the chamber did not rush forth thanks to the Ancestors formations, but that didn't mean that Feng Yuan didn't feel the sheer purity and power it had, even the most precarious of Cultivators would advance by leaps and bounds if they got even the smallest sliver of the Qi that was contained in the chamber.

If they didn't die first, of course, as he was sure that his Ancestors would destroy them utterly before they even stepped foot into the chamber, if the various ancient traps and formations didn't kill them first of course.

From the doors emerged one of the valued ancestors of his Clan. He had short black hair, piercing blue eyes, and a beard that covered the lower parts of his face, but what most would first notice would not be his appearance but the aura of crackling lighting and booming thunder that surrounded him.

This was his father, and the previous Heavenly Emperor, Feng Lei.

"Father, there is something I must talk with you about, and it is incredibly important." 

His father nodded, a sign that he was waiting for the news that his son was bringing forth. And given how he could feel the gazes of the rest of his ancestors, Feng Yuan knew that they were waiting for them as well. He didn't waste time and began explaining why exactly he had come here, after all, the Ancestors were only meant to be disturbed if something truly terrible was about to happen.

Which, given the topic, it was something truly terrible indeed in its implications. He could see that his father agreed with him on the topic, at least this time anyway, given how his face changed to sprout a worried frown.

"A God-Kin? And one that has avoided all manner of detection for possibly years? This is truly troubling. Is there any clue where she might have gone after she left?" His father asked.

"No, she simply disappeared and was never seen again," He answered.

"I see..." His father said as he thought, before looking at him. "The fact that a God-Kin is already troubling enough, as you know there are many groups of God-Kin in the Immortal Realm, but only one is relatively close to us, the Tempest God-Kin"

Feng Yuan expression became concerned, he knew that there was a chance of that the God-Kin that had entered his empire with no permission could have come from the Tempest God-Kin, but he really hoped that she didn't as the history between both the Sacred eaven Empire and the Tempest God-Kin was not exactly great.

As their name indicates they are the children of the Gods of Lighting, of Thunder, and the Storm that gives birth to them. And so they have immense power in the Tempestuous Arts, since they were trained with Cultivation Manuals that came from the God Realm, and so were infinitely better than anything the Immortal Realm could conjure.

The Sacred Heaven Empire had come into conflict because they had been attacked by them, who sought to conquer it and make it their own Empire. The sheer amount of arrogance and apathy in their minds was exact reason they were banished in the first place. Of course, they failed, as it was only a couple thousand of them versus Quintillions of Cultivators of various realms.

They felt every single loss, but the Sacred Heaven Empire could keep throwing bodies at them, as a Sacred Power in the Immortal Realm they truly had an extensive amount of manpower. In the end, both the Sacred Heaven Empire and the Tempest entered a state of Cold War, as they had locked themselves in isolation in their new home upon the Immortal Realm and the Sacred Heaven Empire could not find a way to enter it.

Relations between the two powers only deteriorated further from there and never elevated, not that Feng Yuan or his Ancestors would bother with it of course, after all, to the Tempest they were nothing more than insects barely sentient animals that only knew how to use the most basic of tools and techniques.

"Still, your son did well in bringing her back to study in the Academy," His father spoke, bringing Feng Yuan out of his thoughts. "With her on our side, there is no way to measure the power that we will reach with a God-Kin loyal to our clan,"

Feng Yuan nodded. He had thought of the same. "But what about the Tempest? Should I alert the Legions?"

His father nodded his head. "Yes, but only say that there is a chance that a war with the Tempest can happen, but do not mobilize them until we are sure that something is happening"

Feng Yuan once again nodded at his father's words, feeling that everything would be alright, especially now that his Ancestors were informed about the God-Kin. He was sure now that not even the tiniest insect could escape their sight. This was because of a device one of the many previous Emperors built using many advanced Formations and materials.

Called the All-Seeing Eye it allowed a Cultivator at the Sacred Emperor Realm to see everything in its range down to the smallest detail without being detected by any means that were not divine, in his era that Emperor could only see the Sacred Heaven Immortal World and its adjacent worlds, but as the centuries  passed the All-Seeing Eye was improved and its range was expanded to cover almost the entire territory of the Sacred Heaven Empire, but this has also increased the energy levels necessary to activate it so several Sacred Emperor Cultivators were needed each time it was activated.

While their numbers were not the same as they were before the Thunder and Blood War, they still had a sufficient number to not only maintain the All-Seeing Eye but also join any cataclysmic conflict that could happen.

"Also, do not antagonize her. The last thing we need now is an angry God-Kin that our enemies can use against us"

Feng Yuan looked at his father like he had a grown a second head. "Why I would do that?"

His father shrugged. "I don't know, just don't do that"

Feng Yuan gave a slight nod before turning back to head towards the Palace. He put his feet down on the first step of the stairway-

"My son..."

He stopped but did not turn his head towards his father.

"I am sorry for what I made you do"

He still did not look towards his father, and when he spoke, he tried his best to keep the venom out of his voice. "You are late by a few centuries, father."

He did not look back as he continued to ascend back to the surface.

Next chapter we still won't get back Feng Cai, as I had to prepare a few things first.

40