Chapter 6
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the dark knight realized that the wolves whose's trying to devour her earlier was getting farther, farther away. She began opening her eyes.

Her jaw almost dropped in disbelief, as she watched the horde of wolves chasing after Wei Xiaodan. And almost at the same time, she began gathering strength over her body.

Now wasn't the time to worry about him. She had to do what she promised to him so they would be able to come out of here alive in one piece. The dark knight steeled her resolve as she no longer looked at him in a different light.

Like what he stated earlier, he was going to buy time for her to recover, so without worrying about him, the dark knight began circulating magical power inside her body like a flowing current. Her body seemed to glow in bright light as she could feel her body regaining most of her lost strength.

The difference between them and average humans was, they could recover their stamina as long as they concentrated the magical energy flowing inside them throughout their body. Unlike average humans who need a few days to recover their depleted stamina, they only require a few minutes before being able fill almost the whole tank of their stamina.

The dark knight prayed that he wouldn't end up dying in the meantime. While doing so, she also called for back ups and they're going to arrive within a minute according to the reply that she got.

"...Just last for a minute…." The dark knight said as her expression hardened like a stone. 

She could hear him groaning in pain, but could only focus on her recovery. By the time she regained her strength, she immediately pulled out her sword that Wei Xiaodan left stuck on the ground while he was running away in order to reduce the weight he was carrying, and dashed forward over the crowds of wolves gathered to place where he was last seen.

And with a single swing of her sword, all the wolves gathered in groups had their heads neatly beheaded. Along with the back ups rushing in, the dark knight swooped away inside the dead falling bodies of the already corpses and began looking for Wei Xiaodan, her expression very stiff.

Soon, their whole team started cleaning up but she never stopped searching even for a second. 

Her subordinates began worrying about her, so they decided to approach her despite knowing how cold she was all the time and asked, "Miss Reina, what have you been looking for this whole time? You see, all the faces of our subordinates are extremely tense because they've never seen you become so stiff like that. If you mind, we can help you out."

"I'm looking for a guy, height the same as you but his looks, errr, might be even worse than a bulldog, you see." Reina said disinterested. Her attention still focused on searching.

"A person? Why would a person be here when everyone's been evacuated and you're the only ability user that arrived here to inform us about this place. Was he perhaps also an ability user just like us? Which stationed is he assigned to??" Her subordinates said, his eyes full of interest.

Of course, Reina doesn't care whether he's interested about it or not. After all, it had nothing to do with her so she didn't hesitate to revealed the truth.

"A citizen. A citizen helped me out when I ran out of stamina, that's why I was able to give you guys a call. He used himself as a bait in order to lure away the wolves from devouring me. Although his mouth was really an annoying one, I'm indebted to such a fellow. I'd like to offer him my gratitude, that's why I'm searching for him." Reina said without a care in the world.

Her subordinates dumbly tilted his head to this way and that, and muttered something to himself dumbfounded, "A citizen??" 

His face was full of confusion.

***

"Oh, what a punny creature this was. To think that you'll risk your lives in order to save others. What a weird creature you are. Your name?"

Wei Xiaodan woke up under a bed not his own. The cushion his head was resting on feels comfortable, along with the bed that's so soft that he felt like jumping to bounce over it unlike his old bed that made him feel as if he was sleeping under a chopping board.

"Am I in heaven…?" Wei Xiaodan opened his eyes, only to meet the bright white bulb connected to the ceilings.

"Well, once you've seen what's outside, I promise that you'll take back what you just said right now, punny creature."

A voice akin to a devil replied to his question with a satisfied expression.

"Figures. There's no way I would go to heaven since I resent gods. If so, this must be hell then," Wei Xiaodan got up from the bed he was resting on, only to find a mischievous looking handsome man with two dark horns that looked like goat twisted horns, stuck in the two sides of his forehead. "Was I daydreaming or something? Why am I seeing a devil right now? Like I thought, I'm really in hell."

The devil with dark horns cackled away ominously before retorting to what he said, "Rude of you punny creature. I'm the one who saved you from a life and death situation and yet you dare speak so arrogantly. Now I'm regretting the fact that I saved you from dying just now. Maybe I should've just let you be devoured by those disgusting lowly wolves then."

Wei Xiaodan was a quick wit ever since he was a child, so he immediately understood what the devil just told him even though the information was short.

"Were you the one who made the giant gate appeared beneath my feet that time? I managed to take a glance at it before losing my consciousness. If so, I thank you for saving my life." Wei Xiaodan said genuinely, he was really thankful that he was saved somehow.

After all, how can he leave the world when he still hasn't gotten his revenge yet.

1