Chapter 16 – AHHHHHHHHHH. MATTY! MY HAIRS! MY PRECIOUS HAIRS MATTY! OUCH! OUCH OUCH OUCH!
47 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ash." Matt broke the silence.

"Yes." Ashton blinked.

"Let's beat Sam," Matt said seriously.

"Ok." Ashton nod. And without wasting any time they both started beating Sam.

Sam on the other hand just stood speechlessly while a nine-year-old kid who couldn't even get to his waist kicked and punched him and a moron hold him from behind so that he couldn't retaliate against the kid.

What cooperation???

Matt finally when satisfied huffed furiously and yelled "How dare you to become more powerful than me just by crushing a damn card???"

Ashton looked at Matt with wronged expressions. That was his line. He said that line to Matty and Matty shamelessly stole it and threw it at Sam.

How could he?

Again, where is justice in this world?

Sam just rubbed his temple not to lose his mind as he replied "How the hell would I know?"

Now both Matt and Ashton looked at each other. Now Sam stole Matt's line. Without knowing but he did.

Fuck.

It hurts.

It's like you always want your friend to be better off than you, but you don't want him to be better off by you too much.

"Alright, guys. Enough messing around. Let's go to my garage. We will take bikes from there." Sam spoke as he made his way towards his garage which was beside the shop.

Matt and Ashton nodded and followed him from behind.

Sam opened the garage and there stood three bikes and two cars which nearly made Matt and Ashton piss their pants.

"Holy shit. You didn't tell us you were this rich. Can I drive Harley? It's my dream bike." Ashton asked and without waiting for permission sat on it and checking it out.

Sam didn't reply. He didn't need to as Matt slapped the moron who was sitting on the bike waiting for the keys to come to him on their own.

"Get down. I SAID GET THE FUCK DOWN!!!" Matt yelled and ruthlessly pulled Ashton's hair.

"AHHHHHHHHHH. MATTY! MY HAIRS! MY PRECIOUS HAIRS MATTY! OUCH! OUCH OUCH OUCH! FUCK! NOT EARS! NOT MY EARS MATTYYYYYYY!" Ashton cried in pain as he got off the bike and hugged Matty tightly. Not letting him hit anymore.

"Do you have any idea how much noise Harley makes! Half of the Sector-D awakens will be behind us! You will drive Ducati. And I will sit behind you. No arguments." Matt yelled and explained to Ashton.

What could Ashton do besides nodding when Matty already made the decision so he sat on the Ducati and looked at Sam who was now sitting on Kawasaki Ninja.

Sam threw him the bike key. Ashton took it and start the bike with a loud vroom sound.

Matt sat behind Ashton comfortably. Made himself home. Hugged him tightly.

None were wearing helmets. They looked at each other and started their journey.

*****************

Gruesome.

The sight they saw while traveling could only be described as gruesome.

They saw many people cut from between, getting eaten by awakens everywhere.

They also saw people who already adapted to the new world, or they were meant for this world as they killed awakens as they own them.

But there weren't many people. The number of people they saw both dead or alive was just too few.

As a matter of fact, even awakens, those dead walkers, even they weren't in too much quantity.

Sector-D somehow looked empty. There were just leftover awakens.

They killed those who got in the way and ignored others. No matter who. Humans, monsters, awakens, anyone. They just kept driving.

Using the bikes for traveling was the best decision. Cars were everywhere. They have to many times side the cars away from the roads to make space for bikes. Kills the awakens who were near.

But the journey wasn't as difficult as they thought. No, it was too easy. Moreover, having guns. They don't even have to use their powers.

Guns have a silencer on them. They killed from distance. Collected the cards and slowly decrease the distance to their next destination.

But it all changed as they get nearer and nearer to Carin City.

Carin City or Sam's house was 43 miles away from Sam's shop. In a car and bike, this type of distance can be easily covered in an hour or two but that was before.

But now, even after traveling for five hours they only covered 20 miles. The sun started to set. It was 5:23 in the evening. Now by the time, they will get to Sam's home it will already be night.

And night means danger.

Immense danger.

"The roads closed." Sam stopped as he again got off of the bike to remove the cars from the road.

"Awakens numbers are increasing Sam. We need to stop." Matt spoke as he also got off the bike.

"W-W-W-W-We can't. I need to get to my house today. No matter what." Sam spoke as he pushed the cars away.

"Shoo. Shoo. Shoo. Shoo. Shoo." Ashton fired the gun and continuously hit all the awakens heads who were trying to get closer to Sam.

After devouring the guns, using them became an instinct for Ashton.

He became too good on them.

Out of ten, he could easily hit seven times before, and now he could hit eight times. He was improving with astonishing growth.

They were too. Using guns wasn't as difficult. Sam just needed to tell Matt's once and he also became pretty good in it.

Although he wasn't as good as Sam and Ashton but for a beginner. He was pretty good.

Not to say there were many targets to hit for him. Living, moving targets. So, every time they stopped on road. Both Ashton and Matt used their guns to practice as much as they could.

Well, At least Matt did, cuz Ashton didn't need to. Devourer technique nearly made him professional.

"Where do you think they are going?" Matt asked Sam as he shoots.

Sam looked at the awakens. Those who came near them were dying and getting their heads drilled with bullets and replied "I don't know."

Matt deeply looked at Sam "You know. You just don't want to say."

Sam gritted his teeth "Shut up Matt! I need to get to my home today and you guys are gonna help me!! Period!!!"

Matt sighed "I didn't say we are not helping. I am just saying we need to quicken up. Tonight will be filled with deaths."

Sam clenched his fists and pushed the car with his whole strength as he yelled "THEN WE NEED TO HURRY!!!"

2