Chapter 27 – Charred Ashton
47 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Awakens cried in horror and wanted to run but before they could, the attack was in their face but before the attack could strike, out of nowhere a black shield came and stopped the attack.

Matt was so annoyed that now he wanted nothing more than to kill and kill and kill.

Matt again waved his blade and this time used 'Indiscriminate slaughter'. A transparent windy gale passed and within a second all the three awakens who wanted to run were cut into thousands of pieces. 

The cuts were so finely slashed that they could be used for cooking. And then the silence descended. In just a moment and the three 3m awakens died. Once their fragile brain was struck even god couldn’t stop them.

“GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR…….” The leader of awakens who saw three of his brethren's die cried in sadness.

Matt smirked but before he could fully smirk, he saw all the awakens who were inside the shops coming outside. His smirk changed into a growl "THAT'S FUCKING CHEATING! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!! PLAY BY THE RULE'S UGLY!!!"

The awaken just smirked and again growled “GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR…….” And then he saw other awakens who were standing outside also start walking towards the mall.

This fucking moron was calling others to overrun him. 

Matt just took a deep breath and blinked. Killing this annoying prick is just a second of play. He reappeared in front of the leader awaken and slashed his blade but the leader picked one of the small awaken and used it as a shield.

Matt again slashed and the leader again used other awaken as a shield.

Matt knew at this rate this is gonna become a very big problem so the moment nine seconds passed he used 'Indiscrimination Slaughter' but awaken was also ready. It used the shield and stopped the attack before it could damage the other small awakens. So, Matt hurriedly used 'Lone Slaughter'. 

This time the leader awaken knew that it needed more than the small awakens as a shield so it hurriedly dodged.  

Matt took the advantage of the moment the leader awaken dodged and came from the side where it dodged and slashed his blade ‘Ceaseless Slaughter’. 

A red windy gale passed and thousands of beastly faces came and everything within 50 m was eaten to nothing. 

The leader, small awakens, everyone or everything within 50m was gone. 

Matt smirked and looked at the other small fries.  But when he saw their numbers his smirk twitched. There were more than 200. And after the leader died. They all become berserk. Just like they were before in Sector-D.

Then an unbelievable scene happened. If someone saw this scene, they truly would've nearly pissed their pants. A nine-year-old kid disappeared and reappeared and wherever he went awakens fell. 

Dead bodies piled. 

The same awakened which nearly terrorized half of the Arora Continent right now. 

It took Matt more than 3 minutes to kill them. Then he collected all the cards and heard a loud boom.

He turned around and saw Ashton's hand was inside of the Awakened nose and then there was nothing but fire. 

He was so frightened that he couldn’t help but cry “ASSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

Ashton’s body flew with an immense speed ready to slam and destroy everything on its path but Matt hurriedly vanished and grabbed Ashton’s flying body and took all the brunt of Ashton’s hit. He didn’t care about anything as he saw Ashton’s whole body nearly burnt.

 

[Flashback End]

 

This was the scene Sam saw when he woke up. He was badly injured and after the ‘Giant Wrath’ ended. His body went back to normal but the pain he felt nearly made him cry in tears. 

His body was hurting everywhere. Inside out. He felt empty. Hungry. But when he saw Matt lifelessly sitting and staring at Ashton without knowing what to do.

Sam hurriedly sat in front of Matt and put his ears on Ashton’s heart. It was still beating. Faintly. But the beat was still there.

But before he could say anything he saw Matt disappearing. It happened in an instant. Then Matt was everywhere. Fast. Too fast for him to see. And in two seconds he was back and in his hands there were cards. Lots of them. Maybe more than 300.

Without speaking anything he pulled out all the purple cards. There were 40 Body Regeneration cards, 30 Physical Resistance cards, and 30 Element Resistance cards. He placed all the 100 cards on Ashton’s hand and crushed them.

“We need to get out of here. Get to your house. Are there any medical supplies there or do we need to get them from here?” Matt calmly asked but his eyes were bloodshot red. Watery. Filled with wrath. Anger. Sadness. Despair. Or much more. But he didn’t let even a single tear escape as he still controlling his emotions asked what was more important for Ashton.

"I-I-I-I-I have medical supplies at home. You can find everything there." Sam replied but now even his eyes were filled with tears. Ashton's body was charred. His breathing itself was a miracle. And looking at Matt's face. He felt guilty. 

It was him who asked Matt and Ashton to follow him but from the moment they have started the journey. Matt and Ashton have helped him many times but he, he hadn't helped them once. Forget about helping, now Ashton was in such a state. He doesn't want to think anymore. The more he thought about the possibilities. The more afraid he became.

"Good. Look at this." Matt spoke as he showed a black card to him as he continued "I found it where the big awaken died. This will help us get to your place easily. Now hurry."

It was a black card. Which has 'Gold Grade' written on the front. And on the opposite side, there was its description.

 

[Awaken Aura (A round ball)]

Grade: Gold

Classification Use: Continuous use.

Effect: An incredibly frightening aura that keeps other small awakens hesitate to come close. 100% chance to keep normal monsters away, 75% chance to keep Rare monsters away.

Range: 500m

 

This is a new novel that plans to update daily. If you would like to see more amazing chapters then please use your reviews, ratings, favorites, and follows and will be happy to produce more.

PS: This book will receive a bonus chapter the day it touches 10k views.

4