Chapter 30 – Treating Ashton
28 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Lucy. We have an emergency. We need first aid kit, pain and anxiety medications, IV fluids, burn creams and ointments, dressings, IV antibiotics, breathing assistance, feeding tube, anything related to major burn, just help me take it out.” Chris hurriedly ordered as he went to the side where there were many medical supplies.

Lucy didn't need to ask twice as she started working and within two minutes all the supplies were out.

"Let's go," Chris spoke as he picked some supplies while Sam picked the others. 

Lucy followed them from behind. 

Jade just sat there in the room and start reading comics. What else could she do when her brothers wouldn't let her follow them.

“Where did you put him?” Chris asked as he exited the library.

"Third room," Sam replied as he hurried towards the third room.

"Why wouldn't you put him in the medical room? All the supplies are there." Chris growled as he looked at Sam.

"I didn't have that much time to think," Sam growled back as he entered the third room.

Chris and Lucy followed and stopped in their tracks when they saw the body on the bed.

Even calling it major burnt would be an understatement. The boy on the bed has his body burnt completely. 

Blackened. 

His skin was charred. 

Lucy and Chris both have the same thought on their mind 'How the hell was he still alive?'

Then they saw a small boy sitting by the bed, holding the burnt boy's hand while his red eyes were staring at them, like a beast, ready to pounce if anyone took even one step without his permission.

Both Lucy and Chris felt a chill crawl down on their spine looking at those red monster eyes. 

Chris was so afraid that he even took two steps back.

“We need to take him to the medical room which Chris was talking about. We can start treating him there.” Lucy spoke after she got her emotions back.

Sam looked at Matt and spoke "We need to take Ashton to the medical room. Let me help." And without waiting for Matt's reply, picked Ashton in a bridal way as slowly as possible and start walking towards the second floor. 

Taking him on a stretcher wasn't possible as they have to step up the stairs. So, Sam's method was the best.

Matt just stood up and start walking behind Sam as Lucy and Chris followed.

They all entered the medical room and Sam put Ashton on the bed.

“Sam, you and the kid go outside. Don’t disturb us until we are done.” Chris patiently spoke as he starts wearing gloves, a mask, court and all.

Sam nodded his head and then looked at Matt.

Matt silently and coldly looked at Lucy and Chris, like he was imprinting both of their faces on his mind. Then he turned around and get outside of the room.

Sam took a sigh of relief when he saw Matt going outside without saying anything as he followed Matt from behind.

They both stood outside of the room. Not even speaking a word. Sam wanted to say something but was worried he will start to cry. And this wasn’t a time to cry. This was a time to stay strong. Even Matt wasn’t crying so how the hell could he?

Two hours passed and the door opened. Lucy and Chris came outside.

Matt stared at Lucy and Chris, not speaking a word, waiting for them to speak something.

“The patient is stabilized. We cut the eschar around his limbs and chest area to make it easier for him to breathe and easing his blood flow around the wounds.” Lucy spoke as she looked at both Matt and Sam.

“When will he wake up?” Matt asked.

“We can’t say. We have to see about that. But he will gain consciousness before three days at most.” Lucy replied.

Matt and Sam nodded their head.

“Can I go and see him?” Matt asked.

Lucy just nodded her head.

Matt didn’t wait as he hurriedly went inside. Sam and others followed him from behind. 

Ashton's most body parts were covered with a bandage. He was looking like a mummy. Matt again just sat by his side, staring at him, and then looked at Sam "Take care of him for me. I will go and kill some awakens. Purple cards can help to heal Ashton's body quicker. His breathing got stabilized at the mall because of the purple cards." As he stood up and start going outside.

“W-W-W-W-WAIT! YOU HASN’T EVEN EATEN ANYTHING YET!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING???!!!.” Sam yelled as he ran after Matt. Chris and Lucy followed from behind.

"I am not hungry." Matt slowly spoke as he jumped from the second floor and start walking outside.

"MATT! Let's eat something first. Replenish our energy. I will go with you. The more the merrier. Even Chris and Lucy will help. Sooner or later they have to start fighting. We can both teach them. Tell them everything we know about the outside world. What do you say?" Sam reasoned as he stopped Matt from going outside.

Matt paused. Thought for some time and then nodded “Alright. How many people do we have?”

"For now, there are only us and my younger sister. She is in an underground bunker." Sam replied.

Matt looked at Chris and Lucy. His eyes paused at Lucy's bow then he nodded "Alright. Bring your sister. We will eat, tell everyone about the outside world, and then we will go and start killing the monsters."

Sam nodded and looked at Chris and spoke “Go and bring Jade here.”

Chris just nodded his head and walked away.

"Why do you have so many pharmaceutical types of equipment at home? Some of them even need a license to bought." Lucy coldly asked as she looked at Sam.

"My mother was a doctor. She had her own clinic but after her death, we brought them here. We wanted to sell them but, in the end, we couldn't. My mother loved those machines just too much. Moreover, they could be used in an emergency so we place them on the second floor. And they did come in use." Sam explained.

Lucy nodded.

4