Chapter 31 – Inner struggles
23 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What about your family and friends. Where are they?” Matt asked as he stared at Lucy.

“I am an orphan.” Lucy nonchalantly spoke. There wasn’t even a ripple in her eyes when she said that. Like what she said was something insignificant.

Matt just nodded. While Sam stayed silent. 

“What about you?” Lucy coldly asked as she stared at Matt.

“I have Ashton.” Matt simply stated.

Lucy just nodded. If Matt doesn’t want to talk about his parents then she won’t ask.

"We are here," Chris spoke as he brought Jade with her.

Matt looked at Jade from top to bottom and just nodded.

Jade on the other hand curiously looked at the kid who was smaller than her. Has a cute face and a blade in his hand.

“Hi. I am Jade.” Jade spoke as she looked at Matt.

"Matt." Matt replied, then he looked at everyone and continued "Let's talk further at the dining table, shall we?"

Others all nodded as they all made their way towards the dining table.

"Where is Mr. and Mrs. Robinson," Sam asked as he looked everywhere. He totally forgot about them. Their housekeeper.

Jade and Chris feel silent. Jade now even have tears in her eyes and then she started crying "T-T-T-T-T-They was bitten. T-T-T-T-T-Those monsters. There were too many of them. Mr. and Mrs. Robinson were outside. I-I-I-I-It all happened so fast. Before they even knew. They were attacked. B-B-B-B-Bitten everywhere. T-T-T-T-Then after five minutes. They woke up and became just like those monsters."

Sam paused. Then took deep breaths to control his emotions.

“Sam. Tell them what we saw before coming here and about your plan.” Matt spoke as he broke the silence.

Sam nodded and then start telling about everything. His plan. How did they get here? How Ashton was hurt? About different types of cards and monsters. Weapons and Status panel. Everything he knew he told them.

“So, you are telling us that the monsters we saw were nothing. There are even bigger and powerful monsters out there.” Lucy asked as she gripped her bow tightly.

“Yes. Not just bigger and powerful. Their numbers are exaggerated too. Especially small ones. They are practically everywhere in the city. If not for the item ‘Awaken Aura’, coming here without a scratch would be a dream.” Sam replied as he looked back at Lucy.

"We will start our journey right after Ashton is good to go. This is the best time to start our journey. Monsters may have numbers but we are not weak ourselves. But later it won't be the same." 

"The speed of the monster's growth is far above ours. Moreover, while coming here we barely saw any humans. Especially in Carin city, so you can understand what I am talking about right." 

"We need to take advantage of the time we have here. Kill as many monsters as we can. Upgrade ourselves. Get far ahead of the monsters and other humans. So later when we start our journey, we are strong enough to save ourselves." Matt spoke as he explained. 

He has two motives to tell them about this. 

First, he wants everyone to start killing and gaining power. Second, the more they kill, the more cards they will get, and he can exchange green cards for their purple cards. 

As Sam said, the more the merrier, so he will take advantage of anything he can. Even if it means using Sam and others for now.

Sam also nodded his head "Matt is right. We have everything here. Food, medicine, weapons, even an item that can protect us from monsters. 'Awaken Aura' is like a safe zone for us but only for now. Time's change and we need to change with it. Adapt with the new world as quickly as possible cuz later it will be too late."

Lucy, Jade, and Chris listened quietly. Not speaking a word.

"I see no problem here. I am in." Lucy was the first one to spoke. She knew unlike Matt and others, she is alone. Has always been. 

Being an orphan, adapting herself to changes was something she could easily do. Not like she has anything to lose here. The more powerful she becomes the more say she will have later in the group. 

Yes, she already starts planning far ahead. She likes the plan. They need a safe zone. 

For now, maybe they are safe but it's not practical. But Sector-M can solve all of their problems. If they were going to Sector-X, she would've directly rejected them. 

She doesn't believe in Arora Military. Not because they are not powerful but because they take orders from above and follow them regardless if they like it or not. And at a time like this, humans are far more dangerous than monsters.

"What about you Chris?" Sam asked as he intensely stared at Chris. He only wanted to hear yes from Chris.

Chris gulped "Yes, I will go too. No problem." What else could he say when Sam has already taken the decision for him. Moreover, sooner or later they all have to pick up the weapons. So sooner it is.

“What about Jade?” Matt asked as he looked at Sam and Chris.

Sam and Chris become silent. This is what they were most afraid to here and now finally Matt asked.

"W-W-W-W-W-What about me? I-I-I-I-I-I am not going out there. There are so many monsters there. They are so big and ugly. B-B-B-B-B-Brother. I don't want to go out there. Brother say something. P-P-P-P-P-Please." Jade spoke as she started crying.

Matt didn’t give a shit about Jade’s crying as he just looked at Sam and Chris.

"We will talk about this later," Sam spoke as he looked at Matt.

Matt paused and then spoke “Whatever. Let's hurry then.”

Sam gulped. Chris hurriedly brought food and they all started eating.

 

5