Chapter 32 – Furious Matt and the timid three Part – I
27 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three days passed in a blink of an eye. And many changes happened within these three days. 

The biggest change happened to the cards. 

Before each monster gives a card after dying but now it would be a miracle if two out of ten 'Normal Rank' monsters give a card. And even if they give, the probability of purple card dropping was close to nil. 

At least Matt didn’t saw any purple card falling from any normal monsters. 

To get purple cards he has to kill ‘Rare Rank’ Monsters who were 3m tall. 

Out of three, one 'Rare Rank' monster dropped one card and it was a purple card. 

Moreover, purple cards are an even bigger scam than green cards.

Each green card gives 0.1 stat. But purple cards, they don’t.

To increase Physical and Elemental Resistance by 0.1 stat, you need 2 purple cards.

And to increase Body regeneration, you need 5 purple cards, only then the stat will increase by 0.1.

'Normal Rank' monsters only dropped green and black cards. Green cards gave stat points and Black cards gave weapons and shards. But Black cards were of no use, as they didn't even know how to use the shard. 

As for weapons, they were all 'Iron Rank', but in front of Matt and Sam's weapons, they were nothing. 

The second change happened to the 'Golden card'. 

After the first night ended, the probability of the 'Golden card' falling also become non-existent. Even if they fall, there were only D, C, B, and A-Grade Golden cards, besides them, there were none. 

Moreover, even A Grade cards became luxury as only one card fell in three days, and in itself, it was a miracle. 

The third change happened to the monsters. Many monsters changed their ranks and become 'Rare Rank' monsters from 'Normal Rank' monsters. 

They all started to roam in groups. They started to cooperate with each other. Killing them became far more difficult than before. Their intelligence arose.

But they never saw the 'Elite Rank' monster again. Maybe because they never went more than a mile away from the house. 

Moreover, the item ‘Awaken Aura’ kept the other ‘Normal Rank’ and ‘Rare Rank’ minters 500m away from the house. But there were still some awakens who still roam within 500m of their territory. An item isn’t invincible after all. 

But Matt and Sam killed them the moment they saw them. So, it wasn’t a big deal.

"WHY THE HELL ASHTON HASN'T WOKEN UP YET? YOU SAID HE WILL WAKE UP IN THREE DAYS?? IT'S ALREADY A THIRD DAY!!! WHEN WILL HE WAKE UP????" Matt yelled angrily as he stared at Chris and Lucy. 

His eyes were red, not only because of sadness or madness but also because he hasn't slept for three days continuously and killed monsters non-stop. No matter which awakened he saw, he killed. He was merciless as he killed and killed and killed. 

"Look, Matt. He is fine. We don't know why hasn't he awoken yet but it is nearly a time. Moreover, with the speed his body is healing. He will start moving in four more days." Chris patiently spoke as he looked at Matt. 

He wasn’t lying. Ashton’s body was healing so quickly that even new skin has started to grow up on his body. The charred part started to peel away. It was like in ten or so days he will become as fine as before. 

Maybe his hair will take time to grow but who cares. If this happened before the game started, Ashton surely would've found himself in a laboratory after waking up. How the hell can burn, charred skin, can become as rosy as before?

"IF HE DIDN'T WOKE UP TODAY! YOU WILL FOUND YOURSELF IN HIS PLACE!!" Matt growled as he sat on the chair in anger, then he looked everywhere and yelled "WHERE THE FUCK IS JADE???”

All the three gulped when they saw Matt looking for Jade. Sam stuttered “S-S-S-S-S-She is sleeping.”

"SLEEPING? SLEEPING?? WE ARE ALL PUTTING OUR LIVES ON THE LINE HERE AND SHE IS SLEEPING!!! WAKE THE FUCK HER UP BEFORE I DO!!!! IF I DID YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!" Matt gritted his teeth. That bitch still thinks they are living in a peaceful era.

"Matt, it's just 4 am. Let her sleep. I will wake her up in an hour." Sam softly spoke.

“You do know that we are not leaving here until she kills one of them out there, right? She can’t use weapons. She gets scared easily. Out there, she will die. Even if we all are protecting her. This is a fact and you know it.” Matt questioned as he looked at both Sam and Chris. 

The moment Jade sees any awaken she gets scared shitless. Sometimes she even starts to yell like crazy when they get closer to her. 

She is a living, breathing time bomb for them. She will surely get everyone to kill if she didn't stop behaving like a scaredy-cat.

"She is just a kid Matt," Sam spoke in despair. God knows how many times they already have this conversation. 

He knows Matt is just stating the fact. But as a brother, he just wants his sister to live a normal life. If there is any present now.

“I am too. And I am three years younger than her. SO, DO NOT GIVE ME A BULLSHIT ABOUT BEING A KID!!!” Matt angrily growled. 

Again, same reasoning. Isn't he a kid too? Does he look like a moron to these people? Treating her like a princess and him as a gentleman. 

Ok, he is a gentleman but still, she has to go out there and kill. Otherwise, she is nothing more than a burden on everyone.

"N-N-N-N-N-N-Not everyone is like you, Matt. You lived with Ashton. Worrying about him. Keeping him safe. Taking care of him. This is how your mind became like adults but not her." 

"She Is just a kid. After our parents died, she went in shock. They both died right in front of her eyes. You can understand what does that means right? She is not as strong as us. Moreover, Chris and I have raised her like our own daughter, not sister. Gave her all of our love. She is our life. Asking her to kill. T-T-T-T-T-That's not something we can do." Sam stuttered especially when he said the last part.

4