Chapter 33 – Furious Matt and the timid three Part – II
22 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Then let me. I will ask her. I will even help her. She needs to know this world. 5 cities Sam. 5 cities. You said cities mean people and people mean awakens. You know what it means right.” 

“If she can't protect herself, none of us can. No matter how much you try to protect her. She is practically a pie falling from the sky for those awakens. She is weak, vulnerable, and dangerous." Matt spoke mercilessly. 

He has already heard this story god knows how many times. Same story, same lines. Sam is all over running in circles. 

Truthfully, he doesn’t give a damn if Jade kills or not. What he is worried about is his and Ashton’s life. They have to get to Sector-M no matter what, and with Jade, this practically feels like a dream.

“I can vouch for her. If she makes any mistake. I will take care of it.” Sam hurriedly replied. Even ready to vouch for her sister.

“Really. What if she got scared and start screaming like a freak? And more awakens came after hearing her screaming.” 

“What if one of us got killed? What if I got killed or Ashton? You are telling me that you can take care of it. How? Tell me? I want to know.” Matt questioned as he looked straight at Sam’s eyes. 

He truly wanted to know how the hell will Sam take care of it. Only Ashton’s life matters. Not even his.

“T-T-T-T-T-That’s not what I mean Matt and you know it.” Sam stuttered. He truly felt like crying right now.

“NO, I DON’T! I ONLY KNOW THAT SHE HAS TO GO OUT THERE, AND KILL ONE OF THOSE AWAKENS!! GET SOME POWERS. AND START HELPING US. OTHERWISE, THERE IS NO NEED TO THINK ABOUT GOING TO SECTOR-M!!!” Matt yelled and then continued “Now your choice. You make her do it yourself. Otherwise, I will do it.” 

“Or there is also a third option, we separate. We all go our way. Fourth option. We stay here and kill whatever comes our way. You have one day to think.” 

“Think of me as a cold-blooded or vicious prick. I don't care. For me, Ashton's life is worth more than any of you. Even mine.” 

“You have to make the decision Sam. This is what leaders do. If you want to take a charge. You have to think about the future. Far ahead. Think about the group. Not just yourself. If you can't then I will. Your call." And then he left towards the medical room where Ashton was.

“What he is saying is all facts, Sam. She is practically a ticking time bomb. Right now, we can all help her but later when we will start the journey. It will be impossible then." Lucy who was silent from start to end patiently spoke as she sipped the tea. 

After Matt and Sam told them about everything. They all started going out to kill monsters. They stayed in groups of two. 

She went with Matt as he doesn't show any mercy when teaching. He is ruthless and sometimes even throws her in the middle of the awakens crowd. But by staying with him she learned much more. Many more times she did herself. 

And it’s not like Matt doesn't protect her. He only demands her to kill without stopping. Yells at her when she does any mistake. Teaches her only when necessary. 

Other than that, he practically ignores her. Minding his own business and killing as many ‘Rare Rank’ monsters as he can. 

Collecting as many Purple cards as he can for Ashton. While she kills as many ‘Normal Rank’ monsters as she could. She can even kill three ‘Rare Rank’ monsters alone but more than that it becomes difficult.

“I know. I know. I-I-I-I-I-I just. I don’t know how to talk to her about this.” Sam stuttered as he thought about asking Jade to kill monsters.

“Let Matt handle this. He is good at it.” Lucy nonchalantly replied.

"Yeah. And like what? Throwing her in the middle of the awakens crowd, just like he did to you." Chris hissed.

"Maybe. But it did make me strong. The main problem Jade has is her fear of those monsters. Maybe because she saw Mr. and Mrs. Robinson die and turn in front of her. But once that fear is gone. She will be just like you and me." Lucy spoke indifferently.

“Yeah, we know that. Why don’t you help her? Have a talk with her. Girls to girls talk. Maybe she will listen to you.” Sam asked as he looked at Lucy.

“Me. Girls to girls talk with Jade. Stop kidding. When even you can’t make her listen to you what can I do.” Lucy chuckled.

“Why not? You haven’t even tried yet.” Chris asked.

“Because I don’t need to. Until both of you are here, she won’t listen to anyone. The main problem lies here in you two. Until you won’t stop treating her like a kid, she won’t go out and will always depend on you two.” Lucy spoke as she finally stated the main problem.

“B-B-B-B-B-But asking for her to kill. H-H-H-H-How can I ask her that?” Sam stuttered as he sat on the sofa.

"Just like you asked Chris? Wait, you didn't ask Chris. You just glared at him and like a good boy, he started going out there for killing. So be a man and do the same thing to your baby sister. Otherwise, later you will truly regret this for the rest of your life." Lucy icily spoke as she glared at Sam and then continued "Anyway, it does not matter much now. Now you have one day. Today if you didn't take her out to kill. You will somehow find her in the middle of awakens crowd.” 

“Matt will make it happen no matter how he does. And you won’t be able to stop him.” 

“While you were being a good big brother here. He was killing those awakens as his life depends on it. He has already become much stronger than you think. The way he butchers those 'Rare Ranks' monsters, it looks like a child play."

 

4