Chapter 36 – Having talk with Jade
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sam sighed looking at Jade who was still sleeping like a princess. The difference between Matt and Jade was like heaven and earth. 

One is someone who can lead an army, and the other is so afraid that her yelling can destroy the army. 

The more time he spends with Matt, the more he got to know him better. 

That kid is fearless. Except for Ashton, he doesn't give a fuck about anything or anyone. Not even himself. 

"Jade. Time to wake up, kiddo." Sam softly spoke as he shook Jade's body.

Jade slowly woke up and yawned cutely. Nowadays, if anyone woke her up, she has to get up instantly. Otherwise, that freak Matt shows up and destroys her peacefulness. 

"Morning, Brother." Jade yawned cutely as she hugged Sam.

“Morning.” Sam softly spoke as he patted Jade’s head lovingly.

“What time is it?” Jade asked.

"5 am," Sam replied.

"Why did you wake me up this early today, brother? Don't tell me that freak told you to," Jade asked annoyedly.

“Have breakfast quickly. We are going out today.” Sam spoke expressionlessly.

"OUT!! WHY??? I AM NOT GOING OUT BROTHER!!! DON'T LISTEN TO MATT!!! THERE ARE MONSTERS OUT THERE!!! YOU ALSO SHOULDN'T GO OUT!!!" 

"HOW MANY TIMES DID I HAVE TOLD YOU IT'S DANGEROUS OUTSIDE!!! T-T-THEY KILLED MR. AND MRS. ROBINSON!!! THEY BIT THEM EVERYWHERE!!! ATE THEIR SKIN!!!" 

"W-W-W-W-WHAT IF THEY DID THE SAME TO YOU!!! W-WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO YOU??? NO. NO. NO. NO. Y-YOU CAN'T GO OUTSIDE!!! YOU MUST NOT GO OUT THERE!!! C-C-CHRIS ALSO MUSTN'T GO OUTSIDE!!!" Jade started crying while holding Sam tightly. 

Her face was full of terror and panic. She stuttered while she mumbled. Her eyes were now teary. Her body was shaking.

Sam felt a pang of pain in his heart, but he still coldly stilled his heart. 

He wanted his sister to live a normal life. Go to school, grow old, have a marriage, then children, and then die of old age. 

But now it’s impossible. 

Forget about his sister. He doesn't even know if he will be able to live till tomorrow or not. 

He has felt the horror of losing someone close to him. His parents, and then he nearly lost Ashton too. 

Even though he doesn't know Ashton that closely before but by staying a day with him, having faced life and death situations time and time again with him. How the hell won't he get close and care about him?

Ashton saved his life by putting his own life on the line. Matt may be the reason, but still, he was there. 

Panic, fear, horror, sadness. He felt all of these emotions together with him and Matt. But later, seeing his body burnt from head to toe. How the hell he won't get sad? 

And seeing Matt going out day by day, killing those awakens as his life depends on it. The guilt he felt was so immense that he didn't even know what he should do. 

Every time he saw his sister like this, his heart becomes soft, and he thought he will talk about it later. 

Even though he knew somewhere in his heart that he was just delaying it. 

He knew sooner or later Jade has to pick up those weapons and fight those monsters. Otherwise, she will die. 

He will die, or someday even Chris will die. 

But now he can't delay it. Not anymore. Jade needs to grow up. Otherwise, the consequences will be so disastrous that it will break her later. 

“Hey. Hey. Hey. Jade. Jade. Look at me. Look at your brother. Shhhhhh…..” Sam hurriedly got hold of Jade’s hands as he made her look into his eyes and continued “Take a long deep breath. One. Two. Three. Good. Now again. One. Two. Three. Good girl.”

Jade took as many deep breaths as she could as she stared at her brother. Not letting him go away from her sight even for a moment.

"B-B-Brother. L-L-Let's not go outside, please. I-I-I am scared." Jade softly spoke as small tears pour out of her eyes.

"Jade. You have brother. Brother will help you. Brother won't let anyone touch you. Not even those disgusting monsters. I promise, ok. But you need to know how to protect yourself. Don't you want to protect big brother Chris? Don't you want to help me when I get in danger?" 

“Baby, Chris and I need your help. We both do. You know how much Chris loves you, right? If something happened to you, anyhow, somehow, Chris will break. I will break. P-P-P-Please, won't you go out for me? For Chris?" Sam softly spoke, but as he spoke more tears started pouring from his eyes.

“Brother. I-I am scared. I-I-I am just too scared.” Jade sniffed.

“But I will be there with you. I will teach you everything. Don’t you want to protect your brother? Chris and me, huh?” Sam asked as he slowly wiped the tears off of Jade’s eyes.

“I want to brother. I want to protect you and Chrisi. I-I-I want to help.” Jade stuttered.

“Then you need to be strong. Strong enough to protect Chrisi and me. You know how much of a coward Chrisi is, right? If you won't be there to protect him. He will get scared. He needs both of us. He needs you. I need you.” 

“If you can protect yourself then, protecting Chrisi will be a breeze. And then I won’t be worried about you all the time. I won’t be afraid, scared, or frightened.” Sam spoke slowly. 

"B-B-But if I still get scared. W-W-What if I couldn't hit them? C-C-Couldn't kill them?" Jade sniffed.

"Brother will help you, Jade. Brother will be with you. So, you don't need to worry. You just need to remember that Chrisi and I need you. We both need your help." Sam smiled lovingly as he patted Jade's head.

Jade nodded “Hmm. I-I-I will protect you and Chrisi. I promise. I won’t let anyone get hurt. N-N-No one will hurt my brothers. Humph.”

Sam laughed “That’s right. No one will hurt Jade’s brother. After all, nobody wants to mess with angry Jade.”

Jade smiled “Let’s go then. Let’s eat breakfast. Now I am hungry.”

Sam chuckled “What will you eat? I will cook today.”

Jade drooled "Tasty, yummy fried rice."

Sam laughed "Then, tasty yummy fried rice it is."

Then Sam pulled Jade in his hug as they made their way outside.

1