Chapter 37 – SLEEPING! THAT FREAK IS SLEEPING!! DID THE SUNRISE FROM THE WEST???
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Where is everyone, brother? Don't tell me they still haven't come back yet. That freak also needs to rest. He hasn't slept since he has come here. Except killing, he knows nothing." Jade irritatingly spoke. 

Especially when she thought about Matt, her whole body started to itch. She so wanted to beat that arrogant fucker. Once she gets enough power, she will show that fucker what a girl slap feels like.

“They are all sleeping. Ashton woke up. Now, Matt can relax.” Sam smiled.

"SLEEPING! THAT FREAK IS SLEEPING!! DID THE SUNRISE FROM THE WEST???" Jade yelled.

“No need to exaggerate so much. Now listen, when we are outside. Always stay close to me. I want you within my sights all the time.” 

“No running, no speaking unless you are told to, and no screaming even if they are in your face. The more you get scared, the more they will follow you.” 

“They can't see much clearly, but they can hear you loud and clear. The more silent you are, the more chances you will have to fool them.” 

“Those monsters who are 6 feet tall, they are all 'Normal Rank' awakens. They are literally fools who don't know anything besides eating. Those who are 9 feet tall's are all 'Rare Rank' awakens. They have a little bit of intelligence, but they all follow their instincts.” 

“Their intelligence only works when it comes to killing. Otherwise, they are just like 'Normal Rank' awakens. And if you by any chance see an awaken 12 feet tall, then just run.” 

“That is an ‘Elite Rank’ awaken, whom even Ashton and I together couldn’t kill. Maybe now we will have many times better chances but still, there is no need to take risks with our lives. You just need to know, except ‘Normal Rank’ awakens. You need to stay away from all the others. Stay beside me no matter what. Understand.”

Jade nodded her head furiously “Question. Do I get to have a gun? I know how to fire it. Killing would be easy if I have a gun.”

Sam nodded "You will, but only fire it when it's absolutely necessary. We need to save as many bullets as we can. We don't have many of them. We need to save all of them for the journey later. Ok."

Jade nodded “Now, can we eat? I am really hungry.”

Sam laughed as he placed the two plates of fried rice on the table. 

Jade gulped and looked at her brother, asking for permission if she can start eating or not.

"Help yourself, kiddo. It's all yours to eat." Sam laughed.

And Jade, without wasting even a second starts gulping down the food. Been a long time since she ate the food made by her brother. He rarely cooks, but when he does, the food tastes like out of this whole world. 

“Hey. It's not going anywhere. Eat slowly. So messy." Sam spoke as he shook his head in defeat and started cleaning Jade's mouth. 

She was eating less, throwing the food more. The food was everywhere. But again, he just shook his head helplessly and cleaned her mouth.

Jade, on the other hand, didn't give a damn about what Sam said. She always eats like this when the food is made by her lovely brother, and no matter how much he nags, he never stops her. She is already used to all this.

They both ate the food hurriedly, and within 5 minutes they were done.

Sam stood up, went to the kitchen, washed the dishes, and came back within 3 minutes.

"Ready?" Sam asked.

“Hmm. Gun.” Jade nodded slowly.

“Here.” Sam passed his own gun to Jade.

Jade looked at the gun. It was a berretta, and there were five clips. Each clip has 15 rounds. She nodded her head, loaded the gun, and took a deep breath "I am ready. Let's go, brother."

Sam nodded and rubbed Jade’s head lovingly “Just follow my lead. No need to be afraid. Ok.”

Jade just nodded her head. 

Sam and Jade walked out of the door and went to the front gate and stopped right there.

"Look. Even though we have an item that can block awakens from coming here but it can't block all of them. So, the first thing we do after coming outside is to clear our perimeter.” 

“Any awaken which is within 500 m of our house, we kill them on the sight. No hesitation. You see, you kill. Do not let them growl. Otherwise, they will bring the others towards themselves.” 

“Secondly, all the awakens within 500 m of our house will be 'Rare Rank' awakens. 9 feet tall ones. They are dangerous. Very, very dangerous. You can't kill them, so just stay here and see how I kill them. Understand." Sam asked as he looked at Jade.

Jade silently nodded.

Sam, instead of opening the gate, directly jumped over the wall. Their house was on the corner, but there were other houses there. Although most of them were now in ruin. They still make up a good place to hide.

Sam ran and hid in one of the houses. But Jade could still see him. He went on the roof, where he could see most of their perimeter.

Sam nodded his head. Less than 20 'Rare Rank' awakens. None of them were in a group. 

All the awakens who evolve from 'Normal Rank' to 'Rare Rank' tries to stay alone and out of each other territories. God knows how do they mark, but they do have their territories. 

This much they got to know within 3 days of their killing. But it all changes when they see humans. They all try to regroup and kill humans with numbers.

Sam went back to Jade and spoke, "There are less than 20 'Rare Rank' awakens out there. Let me deal with them first, then I will come to take you. Ok."

Jade again nodded her head.

“Don’t make any noise. Just stay silent. I will be back in a minute or two.” Sam gently spoke.

Jade showed her gun. She wasn’t afraid. At least not now.

Sam smiled and again went to the rooftop.

1