Chapter 38 – Hunting
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though the awakens were alone but their distance was quite close. If he killed one, others will surely try to regroup. He can kill 4-5 together. But more than that, he will be in a tight position.

So, for starters, he chose those who were far and alone. There were 3 awakens like that, and without hesitation, he went for them.

Sam ran and got close to the awaken who was slowly walking towards one of the houses. Its body was 9 feet tall. Nails long. Fangs sharp. And it was ugly as hell.

Sam silently waited for it to come close, and the moment he felt it was enough, he mumbled "Tremor Chop." And with full ferocity, he jumped and chopped his hammer towards the awakened head.

Awaken was stunned, but it went with its instinct and moved its body back.

Sam, who has already predicted it, raised his hammer the moment it struck the ground and mumbled "Tremor Uppercut."

Awaken, who was already off-balance, couldn't react to sudden assault and the hammer directly hit its jaw and with a kachak, its whole head burst open like a watermelon. 

Both 'Tremor Chop' and 'Tremor Uppercut' have 300% of damage against a single enemy and its cooldown was also short just 3 seconds.

Whenever he needs to kill an alone awaken. He always uses these two techniques. 

Sam didn’t waste any more time as he ran towards his next target. He didn't get any card from killing the awaken, and he wasn't surprised. Getting a card out of 3 'Rare Rank' awaken was already a luxury nowadays. Not to say every awaken. 

Now, cards rarely fell, and their numbers were still decreasing. It was like Earth was adapting to the new change which was happening right now. Soon, things will stop changing, and then the worst will come. It was all hunch, but he was sure as hell that it will happen sooner or later.

Sam hurriedly killed the other two using the same trick. Even though awakens have instincts but it doesn’t change the fact that they are all stupid as shit. 

Other than their horrifying numbers, killing them is far easier than the other monsters.

Now there were 14 more 'Rare Rank' awakens, but their distance was quite close. 

Not everyone's, but there were still some who were as close as 20 m away. But the good thing was they were separated into four groups in all four directions.

The one at east has 5 awakens who were close by. 

West and north side has 4 awakens who were close by. 

And in the south direction, there were 3 awakens who were nearby.  

Without hesitation, Sam chose the group which has only three awakens nearby.

He walked towards them slowly, and whistled "Shooooooooooooooo….”

The awaken slowly turned its face and was stunned to see human standing not far away from itself.

“GARRRRRRRRRRRR…….." It loudly growled the moment it saw a human and ran towards him.

The other two awakens who heard the loud growly also came running and saw the awaken running towards a human and followed its lead.

Sam smirked. 

He let the awaken come close to him and then started running. He ran towards the familiar congested street where he always kills most of the awakens and then stopped running at the end of the street.

All the three awakens came running towards him, but now their speed decreased many folds. 

First, the street itself was congested. 

Secondly, they all wanted to take the biggest bite of the human and munch his delicious meat. 

Thirdly, the human now stopped and was taking a breath. 

So weak and pitiful. 

On the other hand, look at them. They don’t need to breathe. They don’t get tired. They don’t feel pain. Moreover, their numbers are superior. 

Sam let the awaken get as near to him as possible and jumped fiercely, slammed his hammer on the ground with a loud boom, and yelled "HAMMER SLAM!!!"

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

And the land itself shook. All the three awaken were scared shitless. They wanted to run, but everywhere within 100*100 yards was quaking like hell. They felt their bodies vibrate with such a ferocity that their brain felt like splitting, and it did split. 

Their brains quake with such a ferocity that nothing remained. They were helpless as they died without even getting a chance to retaliate. 

Sam smirked. He loves this attack the most. No attack makes him as proud as this one. 

Tremor Slam: A powerful hammer slam that has both physical and magical damage. Will dealing 500% damage and trigger tremor effect, quake the 100*100 yards for five seconds. Cooldown: 5 minutes.

He also got the card this time, and like always, it was a purple card. 

He will give this card to Matt, and in return, Matt will give him 10 Strength cards or any other. 

This was the exchange rate that Matt himself decided. Getting a Purple card was far more difficult than getting a green card.

A green card can be gotten after killing less than 10 'Normal Rank' monsters, but for getting the purple card. They have to kill the 'Rare Rank' monster, not to say they also have to put their lives on the line every time they fight them. So, it was a justified rate.

Sam wanted to give all the purple cards to Matt for free but Matt stressed he will buy them so he was helpless in this matter.

Sam used the same trick and killed the other awakens too. Of course, he changed the attack pattern. Sometimes he used 'Summoning quake', sometimes he used 'Tremor Circle', but they all did the same result. Killed all the awakens without any retaliation. 

After Sam was done, he got three purple cards. He went back to the house and saw Jade waiting.

He opened the gate from outside and spoke “Come. Let’s go. Now we can start.”

Jade nodded as she gets outside of the gate.

Sam led her to the rooftop of one of the biggest houses. It was 200 m away from their own house. From there, they could see everything within 2 miles clearly and even far.

2