Chapter 41 – Killing once more
15 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's go, brother. Let's kill some more. I want to see what this weapon can do. Hurry." Jade persuaded as she pushed her brother towards the roof.

"Ok, ok, ok, let me check first," Sam replied as he again chose the house that was small in size.

Again, Sam pulled Jade in his hug and jumped from roof to roof that was now too easy for him, and silently made his way towards the next house. Not letting any awaken perceive him.

Jade herself didn’t speak, stayed silent, and didn’t even breathe until they get to the house.

Sam put Jade back on the roof and whispered, "You know the drill."

Jade nodded as she silently went towards the stairs, checked if there was any awaken. When she saw no one on the stairs, she knocked five times.

Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock.

But no sound came back. No, awaken growled. The house was as silent as ever. 

Jade looked at Sam, who said nothing and just stood while looking back at Jade. 

Again, Jade knocked.

Knock. Knock! Knock. Knock!

But again, nothing happened. No voice, no growling, nothing. Except for their breathing, there was no other voice.

This time Jade, instead of knocking, picked up some small stones and threw them, and the moment stones fell on the ground, something leaped with ferocity.

Jade smirked, even though nothing could be heard. She could still smell the disgusting odor that she smelled from the awaken she killed. 

So, she was vigilant and knew there was awaken in the house. But she was still shocked. Instead of one, there were actually two awakens.

Awakens looked at the pebble they grabbed and then looked at Jade and Sam and couldn't help but growl angrily.

“Grrrrrrrrrrrr….." And without wasting any time, they both leaped and ran upwards towards Jade.

But this time, Jade was ready. Even though she could still feel fear creeping inside of her but there was also courage. 

She could feel it. Her body was becoming stronger. Those 10+ stats gave her so much power that she could feel an indistinguishable energy roaming inside of her body.

Not to say, the weapon in her hand felt like a part of her body. 

She could feel it. The moment she will slash her weapon, both awakens will die without any retaliation.

And without wasting any time, she slashed. Not using any active skills, she just slashed, and on its own, her whip grew, with an incredible speed which was even many times difficult for human eyes to see, it went towards its target.

Both awaken were given a big fright. The whip was so fast that they could barely see it. 

They tried to jump from the stairs to get down and save themselves, but something unbelievable happened. 

Whip followed them from behind like it has its own life, and in no time, both of their necks were bound by the whip.

Jade was stunned. When she saw awakens jumping down from the stairs, she became restless. 

She wanted to show her brother that she could protect herself, her brother, Chris, Lucy, and even that brat Matt. 

But when awaken jumped down from the stairs she doesn't know what she should do? 

So, she just screamed inside of her mind to bound those awakens, pleading, begging. And on its own, the whip grew even longer and wrapped both awakens necks.

Shock won't even describe Jade. Her mind was blanked. 

Then she pulled the whip back, and two heads flew in the air and fell down on the floor.

Silence.

Sam, on the other hand, was surprised. Jade just got her new weapon, and she could already use it in such an astonishing way. 

The way her whip dance. Yes. Dance. It was like her whip was dancing. It was dazzling. Its speed was so fast that he could even see an afterimage of her whip. 

Everything happened in a second, from awakens jumping to whip strangling them to the head flying.

So, how could he not get surprised? Just an hour ago, his sister was a cry baby, and the moment the weapon got in her hands, she killed both awaken, like it was a kid play.

Sam was so happy that he just wanted to jump and raise his fist high up in the air and scream like a maniac, but he controlled himself and spoke, "Brain. Pierce their brains. Until their brain is alive, they won't die. Even if their head is split from their body."

Jade, who was happy to kill both awaken, heard her brother and knew she did a small mistake but she just peeked her tongue out at her brother and pointed her whip towards the two disgusting heads which were staring at her in hatred and growling.

“Grrrrrrrrrrrrr……" and again on its own, her whip grew and pierced both heads. And then again, the silence descended.

“How is it? Ain’t I amazing?” Jade happily asked as she smiled at her brother.

“Yes. Yes. Yes. Our Jade is amazing. Too amazing. You learned how to use your whip on a first try and even killed two awakens. But don’t get so cocky. You still need to learn everything about your weapon, techniques, fighting. You still need practical experience.” Sam calmly spoke as he tried so hard to not show his happiness.

"Don't be mood killer. Anyway, now I can also fight with you guys. Protect you. I won't be a burden anymore." Jade spoke as she smiled.

"You were not a burden Jade. You were just scared. Everyone is scared of something. They just need to have the courage to fight their fears, and you have that courage. I am proud of you, so proud of you." Sam spoke as he lovingly hugged her sister.

Jade leaped on her brother's hug and hugged him back. She could even feel tears coming out of her eyes.

Now, she can protect herself. Her brother, her family, and her friends. There is nothing more she wants right now. This was enough. More than enough.

"Let's go, brother. Let's kill more awakens. I will show that snorty Matt, who is the boss of the house. Humph." Jade spoke as she forcefully pulled her brother.

Sam laughed, and without saying, followed his sister. Now finally, his biggest worry was gone. 

2