Chapter 42 – Having dark thoughts
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

9:00 PM

Sam’s House

 

Ashton looked at Matt, who was sleeping peacefully.

From the moment he woke up, his eyes never left Matt. Especially when he heard that Matt didn't sleep since this whole damn thing started. Anger, hatred, fear, he was feeling everything.

He was feeling so many emotions that he just wanted to go outside and kill as many of those disgusting awakens as he could. Because of them, he became like this and couldn't take care of Matt.

No matter how much he joked and called Matt man, this never changed the fact, that Matt was just a kid.

A nine-year-old kid who hadn't even started growing yet.

But right now, he couldn't do anything. Forget killing. He couldn't even move one of his damn muscles.

But he could feel it. The energy, his whole body, was brimming with endless energy.

Every tiny cell of his body was healing, slowly but surely.

Seven days.

Within seven days, he will surely start walking.

In ten days, even fighting would be possible.

And in fifteen days, his body will be as new as before but more powerful.

He could feel all of this. Even though he should be happy about this, he wasn't.

He can't wait that long. Not now, when monsters were roaming outside.

He can't let Matt take all the risks. It was different before when he was with Matt.

He could save him, protect him, take care of him. But the way he is right now, forget about saving Matt. It would be a miracle if he could keep Matt within his sight.

The more he thought, the angrier he becomes. But in the end, he could do nothing.

Right now, the only thing he could do was to stay calm and let his body heal itself.

But he promised himself three things.

Never.....

.....let himself get hurt.

.....let Matt cry again.

......And let anyone harm him and his people.

“What are you looking at, you creepy?” Matt yawned as he cutely sat and looked at the moron who was eyeing him for god knows how many hours.

“Who was looking at you? I was just thinking something. It’s not my fault that your cute face came between my sight.” Ashton growled as all the bad thoughts vanished from his mind like they were never there before.

“Humph. Like I don’t know you. Anyway, how are you feeling?” Matt asked as he slowly walked towards Ashton and sat on the chair in front of him.

"Itchy. Too itchy. Do something, Matty. It's too damn annoying." Ashton grunted as he pitifully looked at Matt.

"What the hell can I do? Who told you to stuff your hand inside of that awakened nose and blast everything? What are you, superman?" Matt growled back as he gritted his teeth. Every time he thoughts about that scene, he feels the urge to kill this motherfucker.

"Don't be mad. At that time, there was nothing else I could do. That was our only chance. Otherwise, we all would've died. How can I let my precious Matty die? Can't do. I will rather die myself than let anything happen to you." Ashton explained as he tried to move his eyes away from Matt.

“AND WHO THE FUCK GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO DO SOMETHING SO RECKLESS??? DID YOU ASK ME??? WHAT ABOUT ME, HUH??? IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO YOU, DO YOU REALLY THINK I WILL LIVE PEACEFULLY??? I WOULD BE AS GOOD AS DEAD WITHOUT YOU, YOU MORON!!!” Matt yelled as he furiously looked at Ashton. What about him, huh? This moron always does whatever the hell he wants without even thinking about the consequences. How stupid can he be?

"If you were in my position, you also would've done the same," Ashton whispered in fright as he closed his eyes, waiting for Matt's slap. But when nothing hit him, he slowly opened his eyes and saw Matt's red watery eyes staring at him.

"I am different. I am the man of the house. Protecting you is my duty. Worrying me endlessly." Matt whispered as he tried so hard not to let his tears fall from his eyes.

“I won’t. I promise.” Ashton whispered back. He wanted to hug his Matty. But right now, as he was, hugging Matty would be a luxury.

“Did you eat? I even forget about feeding you. I was just too sleepy.” Matt asked.

"I didn't. But I am not hungry. A nutrition pack in the cabin is enough for me." Ashton replied.

"Nup. Before, you weren't awake, so the nutrition pack was good but now that you are awake. You must eat normal meals. Wait for me. I will make porridge for you." Matt spoke as he stood up.

“Whatever Matty says goes. But be quick.” Ashton spoilingly spoke. Now that his Matty is awake, he won’t let him get out of his sight.

“Now be a good kid and wait for me.” Matt patiently spoke and then left.

Ashton just looked at Matt who was leaving to make a delicious meal for him.

1