Chapter 43 – Chris worries
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chris got up from his bed, face full of worry. First, somehow, he is afraid of Matt.

He doesn't know why but he is. Especially when he remembered how Matt mercilessly threw Lucy in the middle of the awakens.

There were more than 20 awakens. Although, they were normal awakens. Nonetheless, their bite could still turn her into one of them.

But Matt, without any care, threw her like a piece of a sandbag. Whenever he remembers that sight, he shivers in fear, and today he will be at Matt's mercy.

If this was not enough to make him piss his pants. Matt had also threatened him and Sam to make Jade, their lovely sister to kill an awaken.

Otherwise, he will also throw her in the middle of the awakens, somehow, anyhow, and he knows that Matt will do what he says. He is determined to do that.

And now, these two things are plaguing him nonstop. He doesn't care about the training Matt will put him through.

Matt's methods may be harsh, but his training is far effective than anyone's.

At the rate Lucy became powerful, it was astonishing.

It will only do him good, and it's not like Sam hadn't taught him anything.

He may have spent less time than Lucy out there, but he also knows his fair share of the outside world.

Sam had taught him everything he could teach, and now all he needs is the experience that can only be gained by himself.

And it can only be gained by fighting awakens, beasts, having in life and death situation and much more.

He knows all this, and he is prepared, but Jade, she is just a girl.

Just a twelve-year-old girl who doesn't even have a gut to kill a mosquito.

Alright, she can kill a mosquito, but not a cockroach.

She is disgusted by them, so how the hell will she kill awaken, which are hundred or thousand times more disgusting.

Even he felt disgusted by them when he saw them at the start. Even now, sometimes, he feels like puking whenever he saw their disgusting, gory face.

Chris just shook his head as he went towards the kitchen to take a sip of water.

"What are you doing?" Chris asked as he puzzlingly looked at Matt who was standing on the stool, wearing a pink flowery apron, looking cute as hell, making something, something delicious, as the delicious smell was all over the kitchen.

Damn, it's been a long time since he smelled something so delicious.

It's been only 4 days, but still, he has been eating junk food since this whole game has started, and now after smelling this, his stomach couldn't help but growl.

"Cooking," Matt replied as he turned his head backward and saw Chris in his bed hair, looking just like his brother, barbarian yet manly handsome.

“For who? Yourself? Can I have some too?” Chris asked expectantly as he gulped looking at the chicken porridge.

"Sure. Let me place it in a bowl for you." Matt replied as he pulled out three bowls and started pouring porridge in them.

“Why three bowls?” Chris asked.

"One for Ash, one for me, and one for you," Matt spoke.

"Where are others?" Chris asked.

Mostly he could find everyone in the hall whenever they are at home. They rarely go inside their rooms, as Sam has told them to stay together and close no matter what.

“Lucy is sleeping. Your brother and Jade are not here. Maybe Sam has taken her out. Tch, here goes my chance to see that bitch’s dreadful crying face.” Matt tched playfully.

Whenever he remembers Jade's fearful face, he feels like laughing. Maybe cuz she is the only one who is of his age. He feels like playing and making fun of her.

"I am still here, Matt. Mind your language." Chris scolded.

"You and Sam have truly spoiled her to the bone. I am not complaining. I have also spoiled Ashton, but there is still a limit. But you guys, sigh, there is no limit to your doting." Matt shook his head in defeat.

Since he came here, he realized how much these two brothers cherish their sister.

Letting her sleep all she wants, feeding her personally, always making her their priority, and all.

Sometimes too much doting can also have its side effects.

"We know that, Matt. I mean, before, it was alright. She may be the baby girl of the family, but she never complained, whined. She also knew her limit, but after all this started, she somehow became afraid."

"I can understand her, feel her. She just wants her brothers to remain by her side and not get hurt."

"Simply put, she still doesn't realize the situation we are all in. Maybe, she thinks, until we all are in our house, we will be safe."

"She hasn't gone outside. She doesn't know what the outside world has become." Chris patiently explained.

"I know, Chris. I can feel you, man. I know what I am asking is too much. If I was some other child, I too will be just like her. Behaving like a kid, clinging onto my close ones."

"I know all this. B-B-But you know what situation we all are in. Sooner or later, there will come a time when she will have to make a choice. I just want her to make that choice sooner."

"Cuz the more later she will make that choice, the more regret she will have."

"It's a do or die. Either she will break and die, or purge her fear and rise like a phoenix. It's as simple as that." Matt spoke calmly.

“Sigh, let’s forget it. Brother has taken her out. If he can’t do it, then none can.” Chris sighed.

"It's done. Let's go to Ashton's room. That moron must be waiting." Matt yelled as he picked the plate which had all of their bowls and started walking.

Chris just shook his head as he followed Matt from behind.

 

2