Chapter 46 – Getting ready
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Killing. Eating. Killing. Eating. Killing. Wait, wait, wait!!! Killing and eating. That's it. This is it!!! That's the only thing they can ask for. At the end of the day, nothing is more enticing to them than human and other creatures' flesh." Matt yelled and chuckled.

Sam looked at Matt, who was mumbling at the start, then yelling, then chuckling, and hurriedly asked, "What did you find? Did you found the reason why they were relocating?"

Jade also added, "Stop keeping us in suspense and start yapping, Matt." 

Chris and Lucy also nodded their heads.

Matt playfully raised his brow " There is good news and bad news, which one would you like to hear first?"

"GOOD NEWS!!!" All the four roared together.

Since this game has started, except hearing bad news, they haven’t heard any good news at all.

Now, they just want to hear the good news. No matter how small it is.

"Alright then. The good news is that when relocating, we are choosing the West direction, and till Sector- L, we won't be seeing much of awakens and other beasts." 

"So, we can have a somewhat safe journey. And we need to move as fast as possible. Cuz this is our chance." Matt spoke enthusiastically.

“Really. You aren’t lying, right???” – Sam.

“We will kill you if you lied!!!” – Chris.

"If it's a joke. Then, I will be siding with Sam and Chris!!!" – Lucy.

"I say let's kill him together. Just a nine-year-old kid and thinks of himself as king of everywhere! How the hell do you know if it's safe or not?? Are you a Prophet, Oracle, or Diviner, humph? – Jade.

 “This bitch will really die from my hands someday.” Matt cursed.

"Language Matt, and what is the bad news?" Sam reprimanded.

"Sector- O is the bad news. Look here." Matt showed the map to everyone and continued, "Sector-O is the only sector which has an eight-way path that leads to everywhere within Arora Continent." 

"Moreover, it's in the center of Arora Continent. Most of the city roads also lead towards Sector-O. It has the biggest shortcut crossover. Not to say withholding a powerplant, it's second to the capital city." Matt concluded.

"And all the awakens are moving towards Sector-O, that's what you are telling us, right." Chris bitterly asked.

"Irony. Although we will have a safe journey till Sector- L, but after that, we will also find ourselves standing before Sector-O. It's the only way towards Sector-M." 

"Otherwise, we will have to go around Sector-O crossing 5 more unknown cities." Matt chuckled.

"THEN WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING SO RELAX AND ENJOYING THIS SITUATION???" Jade, enraged, asked.

"Because no matter how much we hurry, it will still take more than a month for us to get to the Sector-O., and by then, other awakens will start moving towards all over Arora. Their quantity will dwindle."

"Not to say, it is not entirely safe till Sector-O. Don't forget that there are other races in Arora Continent which are as dangerous as Awakens," Matt spoke calmly.

But the real reason why he was so calm and happy was that Ashton will get better by the time they will get to Sector-O.

As long as Ashton gets better, everything else can go to hell.

"Well, at least we won't see those ugly faces. The virus they carry is the most dangerous fact about awakens." 

"Besides that, they have numbers. We can somehow deal with other races but awakens, they are overwhelming, at least for now." Jade sighed.

"Then let's go and make a further plan. If it's possible, we will start moving today." Sam spoke.

Others nodded as they all start walking.

……………………..

"What did you find, Lucy?" Matt asked as he looked at Lucy.

They are all sitting on the sofa in the hall. 

Matt, Lucy, Chris, Sam, and Jade.

In front of them were maps and books regarding different cities. Especially the entire map of Carin city.

“Look here. This is the only mall where we can find everything we need for relocation.”

“We will need a modified truck. It must have enough space to contain all the medical supplies.”

"We can get water through 'Water generating bottle.' Even though it can't create much, but 10l is enough for now."

"Besides water, we will need food, as much as possible. Especially canned food, snacks, packaged food, which won't get rotten easily."

"Plus, we will need all types of clothes. The weather is changing too quickly. At night, it's too cold, and at noon, it's too hot."

"And we will need tents, as many as possible. In an emergency, we will need tents more than anything.

"Beside them, anything necessary you can find in the mall, just pick them up." Lucy coldly spoke and listed everything one by one.

Everyone nodded as Matt spoke, "Good. And what are the obstacles?"

"Like always, awakens. But we can't forgo the fact there can be other humans in the mall. Since we have come here, we haven't gone more than a mile away." 

"And it's impossible that awakens have already killed all the humans in Carin city."

“So, chances of finding other survivors is as much as 70%. And if my guess is right. Then, the fight will be inevitable.”

 "There is no way in hell that they will let us take whatever we want from the mall without doing anything. For them, it's their territory, just like we have ours." Lucy spoke.

“Who cares whose property it is? If they get in the way, then just kill, don’t hesitate, not even a bit.” Matt arrogantly spoke as his eyes stared at everyone.

“So, who is going? We have to leave one person with Ashton. Someone has to take care of him.” Jade asked.

"Chris and Lucy can decide this. I, Sam, and you are absolutely going." Matt spoke.

"M-M-Me? Why me?? I haven't even killed 10 awakens yet, and you want me to kill humans??? You must've lost your damn mind, you freak!!!!" Jade roared.

“Neither have I, but I am still going. Moreover, it’s not 100% that we will meet other humans.”

"And your weapon is good for long and short-distance hunting. It can even be used as a trap. So, there is no way you are staying here. You will be coming with us. End of discussion." Matt coldly spoke as he looked at Jade.

"Brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Look at him. Say something." Jade spoke in a spoiled tone as she hugged Sam tightly.

"What Matt said is right, Jade. What you need most right now most is experience. And don't worry, your brother will be there with you. What are you worrying about?" Sam lovingly spoke as he rubbed Jade's head.

"You are again taking this freak side," Jade mumbled as she glared furiously at Matt.

Matt just looked at Jade and snorted.

“We have decided. Chris will be staying here.” Lucy spoke.

Matt nodded " Good. You have more experience than Chris, and your weapon is also long-distance one which will mostly come to work." 

"Let's depart then. Only then we will get to the Mall by dawn. Then, we will have enough time to make a plan according to the situation." Sam spoke.

Matt nodded as he looked at Chris " Take care of Ashton. I am leaving him in your care."

Chris patted his chest " Don't worry. Until I am here, nothing can touch Ashton. Just go and come back as soon as possible." Then he looked at everyone and continued, "And make sure you all take care of each other and don't get hurt. Especially, you Jade." As he looked at Jade.

Jade nodded as she ran and hugged Chris tightly " I will."

"Good girl. Be sure to follow Sam. And stay with him and listen to everything he, Matt, and Lucy say. Don't be a naughty girl."

Jade again nodded.

“Aren’t you gonna meet Ashton before leaving?” Chris asked Matt.

Matt shook his head " No. I'd rather not. If I meet him, he won't let me go anywhere and surely do something reckless. Don't tell him anything. Just say we are all outside practicing or something and will be back by tomorrow night." 

Chris nodded " Understand. And get going. Don't worry about anything else."

Everyone else nodded as Sam and others start walking.

1