Chapter 49 – Lucy’s cry and dilemma
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It wasn’t just Jade who was stunned. Lucy was too.

The speed. It could nearly match Matt’s teleportation. Too quick to even describe.

A second before, the girl was standing beside her comrade, and within a second, she stood before Jade.

Lucy hurriedly pulled her bowstring, but before she could fire, she saw hundreds of fireballs rushing towards her.

Scorching hot. Just like lava.

She knew the moment fireball touches her, she will die.

No, everything that the fireballs touch will evaporate.

Dilemma.

As an orphan, she never knew what family meant.

Never.

But within three days she saw what family does for each other.

She saw Matt, who sacrificed his everything to protect Ashton.

She saw Sam and Chris, who did everything they could for their lovely sister.

Jealousy won’t even describe her.

She wanted to be one of them. Part of them. Will it be possible for her to be part of them? She wanted to know.

At this moment, her essence was telling her to protect Jade no matter what. But her rationality was telling her to save herself.

But don't know why today she ignored her rationality through which she lived her entire life, and somehow, her hand turned towards Jade, not minding the fireballs coming towards her.

Such foolishness.

Her brain was yelling at her. Telling her that nobody will give a crap about her sacrifice. That she was being a fool.

But her hand still fired the arrow towards the girl with the black clothes as she murmured, "I atleast want to feel once what loves felt like." And closed her eyes.

From her bows, ten electric arrows flew as they closed all the way for Emma, the girl with the great speed, and also targeted all of her critical parts.

Emma, on the other hand, just snorted looking at the foolish girl.

Their plan was simple. Kill one of the two.

If the bow girl protected the whipping girl, then the main hurdle will be gone. Then, they can take their time killing the whipping girl. 

Or even use her against the other two who were fighting their boss.

And if the bow girl protected herself. 

No problem. 

They will at least kill one of the two.

It was a win-win situation.

No matter the result, they were the benefactor. So, who cares who dies? As long as one of them died, it’s good.

So, with an astonishing speed, she ran and dodged all the arrows and stood at a great distance as the fireballs slammed towards the bow girl.

Jade was stunned.

She was safe.

Lucy protected her. 

But instead of feeling happy, she felt anxious.

Why? Why did Lucy protect her? Why is everyone protecting her? 

If she died, then everything will end, wouldn't it? 

Her brothers will not have to worry about the only burden, and Matt and others will also remain safe.

Then, she saw something which made her feel like dying.

Fireballs. 100 of them. They were all rushing towards Lucy.

Did Lucy protect her even though the fireballs were rushing towards her?

Why? Is she a fool? Doesn’t she know what will happen once the fireballs struck her?

The heat. It was so intense that even with a distance, she could feel it. If the fireball struck, then not even her bones will leave much less a dead body.

SO WHY DID LUCY SAVED HER?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

For the first time in her life, Jade felt this weak. Even when her parents died. Even when she saw Mr. and Mrs. Robinson getting chewed in front of her by those dead walkers, she still didn't feel this weak.

Protect.

She wanted to protect Lucy.

Somehow, anyhow.

She just wanted to protect.

She for the first time in her life prayed, as she with her full power swung her whip "THORN CIRCLE!!!"

And her whip went towards Lucy with an astonishing speed and circled her body from everywhere.

Thorn Circle: A powerful circle attack that has both physical and magical damage. Will dealt 300% damage within 50*50 yards for 3 seconds. Cooldown: 9 seconds.

And the moment Lucy's body was circled by the whip, all the fireballs hit.

Jade nearly felt her life slipping out of her body.

Her hand quirked. Her body felt such an intense fire that she could feel her body burning in flame.

But she didn't care as she with her whole strength, held onto her whip, protecting Lucy as her life depended on it.

Emma, who saw this wanted to kill Jade, but because of the intense fire she felt all over her body, she opposed the notion and went back to Ava.

Lucy, who was waiting for fireballs to struck her felt nothing. She waited for 1 second, 2 seconds, 5 seconds, but nothing happened.

She slowly opened her eyes and found herself cocooned. Green veins were covering her body from everywhere. 

Not even a heat passed through those veins, but when she closely saw the veins. She felt a chill crawling down her spine.

The veins looked like Jade's whip.

How can she not recognize those veins when Jade bragged about them nonstop?

 If Jade is saving her, then who is saving Jade.

The explosion.

Even though she didn't feel the heat, she heard the explosion. And it was enough for her whole body to shiver all over in terror.

Then the veins retracted.

Except for the veins circled part, everything was scorched. 

Like lava had flowed on the land. 

Even Jade.

And with a thud. 

She fell.

“JADEEEEEEEEE!!!” Lucy cried.

WHY?

WHYYYYY?

WHYYYYYYYYYYY?

This is not what she wanted.

She wanted to protect someone for the first time in her life, but the one she protected was now burnt to the crisp.

Lucy could feel her body shake in horror. Tears were running down her eyes.

She wanted to run and hug Jade, but before she could, she again saw something coming towards her, but this time instead of fireballs, there were ice balls.

Hundreds of them.

So chilled that she could feel the surrounding itself freeze.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!" Lucy, who was ready to shoot the arrow towards the ice balls saw Emma again targeting Jade.

And just like last time, she fired towards Emma for protecting Jade.

She hated this.

She hated this world which was so cruel to her.

Why?

Why did God do this to her?

Why did he show her what family love is before dying?

Why? Why? WHYYYYYYYYYYYY???

"Did you have enough fun?" Suddenly a cold chilling voice was heard behind Ava, who was again getting ready to fire towards Lucy.

Ava, on the other hand, froze. She felt cold. So cold that she just wanted to die.

She could feel her body shaking in fear.

Such an intense killing intent. Even in her entire life, she never felt that.

The killing intent was so intense that the surrounding environment itself was shaking in terror and frost.

And then she felt something cold flowing down her stomach.

Blood.

Like water, it was spilling.

Whose was it?

Her?

It can’t be.

Wasn’t she just enjoying killing the two girls?

Watching them sacrifice themselves for each other.

Then why was blood flowing down her stomach?

It must be a dream. It has to be. There is no way she will die this young, right?

She hasn’t even enjoyed her life fully yet. She hasn’t even killed all those people who she hated to the core.

But her body didn't listen to her, and with a thud, she fell.

Silence descended.

1