Chapter 4 – Aftermath of the Attack
468 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam shook the cage again. It has been 5 days now, and he had given up on anyone rescuing their bodies. 

If anything, this was probably one of those cases where their skeletons would be found in many years to come. 

He was sad at first, as he was alive, able to breathe, but his lovely girlfriend was dead in the cage with him. 

On the first day, he thought he was going to die even if he could breathe underwater. 

Thus, giving up, he started stripping Lena and lost his virginity to her dead body. It wasn't nice at all as they were underwater and nowhere near a beautiful experience. 

From the second day onwards, he was chasing away the prawns and fish who were trying to eat Lena's body, as they were eating the other people in the other cages. 

He actually caught and ate a few of those fishes raw, but eventually decided, if something was going to eat Lena, it was going to be him. 

He was so hungry and hasn't eaten since he ate sushi a few days ago. 

Once he had a taste of her flesh, he was ravenous, and ate her flesh and all her organs, leaving her only a skeleton. 

He realized as he ate her, that he was getting stronger. 

It was as if she was receiving all her strength that she had, and although she was nowhere as strong as he was, it gave him at least a 30% increase in strength!

He pulled the cage door again, and finally the door broke open!

It just occurred to him, was the reason why he could breathe underwater caused by him eating sushi?

That probably explains why he now added Lena's strength to his. 

He brought her body out of the cage and swam smoothly to the shore. 

He was never a good swimmer before, but now he swam as fast as a fish!

He walked up the shore, holding Lena's skeleton. 

At first, he gasped, unable to breathe air, but with a thought, he suddenly switched and could breath air again. 

What he saw shocked him. The whole city was destroyed!

It looked like a war zone! There were broken down tanks and destroyed buildings everywhere. 

There were helicopters all rising with a big net, carrying one of those large monsters, all bloodied and damaged. 

He hid as he didn't want to be found by the army. He was scared that he would be brought it and experimented on again, especially if they found out he was alive after being underwater for a few days. 

He put Lena's skeleton lovingly down next to a building and he walked to a large leg of one of the monsters. 

It looked like it was blown off the monster, landing on the destroyed pier. 

He approached it, and touched the bloody stump. 

Looking around, he tilted his head and opened his mouth, biting down. 

Chewing it, he found that it didn't taste bad.

He continued eating as he felt that he was getting even stronger.

He looked at his arm and with a thought, his skin became covered in stone like skin that the earth dragons had.

He only stopped eating when he no longer felt that his strength was increasing.

Wiping his mouth from all the blood, and started making his way home.

There wasn't a single person around, except for the army personal that were airlifting the monsters.

This meant to Adam that the army won, but looking around, the destruction and collateral damage was enormous.

The city was as good as gone.

He walked past a collapsed bank, noticing that the ATM's were on the ground with the collapsed wall.

He managed to get at least 25k out of the broken machines before leaving. There were probably more valuables like jewelry and shares or something in the collapse bank safe, but that wasn't something he could use now.

He made his way home, wondering what to tell Lena's family.

However, when he got home, he saw the area was completely destroyed

He fell to his knees. Was his family dead? He had no idea. 

He hoped they survived somehow.

His phone was dead after being underwater for a few days so he didn't know how to contact them.

He searched the rubble from his house, but found nothing of use. 

He looked at the portal in the distance, deciding it was probably best to leave the city

But first, since the city was abandoned with no one around, there was some place he needed to go to.

--

The military was too busy securing the portal after evacuating the city. 

The government didn't want another group of monsters coming through the portal.

The casualties were enormous as the earth dragons were huge and strong, nearly impervious to bullets.

Only missiles from fighter jets and tank shells could pierce its tough hide. 

Even then, they were so large they needed a great amount of firepower just to kill one. 

Their huge bodies were cut up into smaller pieces and air carried back to the military base for study.

--

Meanwhile in the city zoo, the animals were being hunted by a much deadlier predator, Adam!

He started in the insect exhibition as there was a special exhibition of the world's most dangerous insects.

He stopped by, one at a time, picking out each living insect with his earth dragon skin covered hand and chomping down on them like eating candy.

He started with spiders, chomping down on the brown widow spider, black widow spider, red widow spider, redback spider, funnel web spider, brazilian wandering spider, yellow sac spider and wolf spider. He didn't know one spider from another, so he just ate 9 of the deadliest as arranged there. 

Some of the exhibits had one spider, others had more than one. But Adam ate them all

There was also a darwin bark spider with the strongest web in the world, so he ate the two spiders too. 

He then chomped down on wasps, eating a tarantula hawk wasp, exterminator wasp, warrior wasp, paper wasp and a giant asian hornet aka murder hornet. As with the spiders, he ate whatever they had greedily. 

Then there were the scorpions as he chewed on a deathstalker scorpion, bark scorpion, indian red scorpion, arabian fat tailed scorpion, yellow fat tailed scorpion, black spitting thick tailed scorpion and brazilian yellow scorpion.

There was also a special section for the bullet ant, so he ate them by the handfull, popping them in his mouth like popping candy

He then walked to the beetle section and randomly ate the ones that broke records namely the strongest beetle the dung beetle, and the most durable the ironclad beetle.

A dragonfly has the best flying ability and best eyesight? Chomp

There was a few signs that mentioned the dashing speed of a cockroach and the jumping power of a flea, but there weren't any there. But he decided he could probably find a few outside by himself and walked out of the exhibition with a giant centipede half hanging out of his mouth.

The reason he ate them all was for each creature he ate, he increased his ability by a certain amount. The more he ate, the mightier he became.

After eating his lover, he no longer had any feelings of disgust eating such creatures, He only saw them as food to make him stronger.

And his appetite was nowhere near sated with the insects.

Nearby there was another exhibit. Like the insect exhibit, there was one for snakes and he not only ate the so called most venomous snakes, he also ate the others as there were several types of vipers, taipans and cobras. He ate several types of pythons and anacondas too for good measure. There wasn't a single snake left by the time he left.

He walked outside and headed to the carnivore section.

Several weeks later, when the zoo authorities reclaimed the zoo, they found all the carnivores had ate each other.

In the big cat section, there were several skeletons of tigers, lions, leapords, panthers etc.

The bears too had several skeletons as did the crocodile exhibition. 

The animals must have starved as even the honey badger ate each other, leaving only skeletons behind.

And somehow, all the remaining animals seemed terrified of the zoo keepers.

The nearby aquarium fared no better. It was a small aquarium without large exhibits, and didn't have large sharks

But their small exhibits were missing, like their octopuses, their jellyfish and even their mantis shrimp.

The electric eels were all gone and not a single one was left!

19