Chapter 5 – On the Run
429 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a week of searching, Adam could not find any sign of his family. He didn't know if they were alive or not, but now knowing that most attacks by such large creatures, there usually were very few survivors.

He was constantly calling his parents with a phone he bought in another city, but no one answered. Then he suddenly thought of his pretty sister

"Hello? Who is this?" he suddenly heard a familiar voice

"Janie? It's me Adam? Where are you? Are you with mum or dad?" he asked

"A....Adam? Yes.. they are with me! Where are you? We thought you were dead!" she cried over the phone.

"It's a long story. But when I returned to our home, everything was destroyed and nobody was around!" he said

"Where are you?" she asked 

"Adam" his mum took the phone from Janie

"Mum?" Adam said tearfully.

"Where are you? We are at a quarantine center in a military base. They said the city had to be evacuated because of the monsters" his mum said

Adam heard sirens coming nearer and nearer

Adam's father grabbed the phone from his mother

"Adam? Run. If you survived they will think you are a super. If they catch you, they will dissect you" his father said

"What.. what do you mean dad?" Adam asked

"Trust me. We are safe. But since you called the military personal have been scrambling with their communication. They are out to get you. Run. Hide. Remember, we love you" his father said as someone grabbed the phone from him

"Adam Donohue? Stay where you are" the voice commanded

Adam dropped the phone and started running as the sirens came closer.

He was only in the seaside town nearby after raiding the zoo and aquarium.

The military jeeps and police cars surrounded him, leaving him nowhere to run.

With a superhuman jump, he jumped over the cars and double story buildings, able to do this from the fleas he ate while living on the streets with a few stray dogs.

As he landed, he shot off like lightning, Not knowing the difference between a flea and a mite, he ate mites too. They have been known to be able to run at 322 body lengths per second, as compared to a cheetah's 16 body lengths per second.

With this amount of speed, he didn't need to eat cockroaches anymore, which he did anyway, and seemed superhuman as the police tried to chase him.

But he knew they would eventually catch him since he was already being tracked. He needed to go somewhere they can't track him.

He jumped into the ocean and swam off, leaving his clothes floating in the water, together with wads of cash amounting to over 20k.

"What the heck? What kind of superpower is this?" the soldier said as he exited his jeep and looked into the ocean. 

--

Adam spent a year swimming naked in the ocean.

He landed on deserted beaches as he wished, not knowing where he was. 

He ate all kinds of creatures in the ocean, and raced the fastest fish he could find. 

He ate several marlins, sailfish and tuna as they were the fastest ones he had raced, and ate several orcas and sharks just for fun. 

The more fish he ate, the better navigational abilities he could have, having mapped the whole Pacific Ocean based on the fishes' species memories.

His powers could be specific or general, meaning that he could have a general idea, such as being able to breathe in water, and he would be able to using the best of his many fish or other creature abilities. 

He could want to have a strong punch, to punch a coconut tree and his body will automatically punch using the strongest punch in his arsenal, which was that of a mantis shrimp.

He could want to have the strongest venom, or even mix venoms, like he did with stingers coming out of his finger tips, killing all the tigers and big cats in the zoo. 

He could shoot the strongest webs, like that of a darwin bark spider, and shoot them out of his fingers, his penis or even his ass, being able to sprout spinnerets anywhere on his body. 

He could sprout spider legs, a scorpion tail, dragonfly wings as those were parts of creatures he had eaten too. 

And he could also transform his body completely into a creature he had eaten, but in his human size, like a giant 5 foot 10 centipede, or even turn his body into a female human body that looked like Lena's naked body!

His biggest limitation was his size as he could not grow or shrink. He could turn his body into a earth dragon, but it would be his human size. Thus, he preferred to just use it's power by covering his arm with it's thick earth dragon scales. 

Since his powers can be general, there was no harm eating everything he came across. He was still reluctant to eat humans, but everything else was fair game to him.

On the other hand, since there was no advantage for him, he didn't bother eating fruits and vegetables.  

Thus after eating a few monkeys, an owl and swiftlets on the island, he decided to take a flight instead of swim, sprouting dragonfly wings and took to the air. 

He flew over the ocean again, deciding it was time to head home. He planned to stop at a different city and make his way back, hoping that his parents were already allowed back to resettle in their home city. 

As he flew into the air and over the ocean for a few hours, he suddenly saw over the horizon a portal!

"There is a portal over the ocean? I wonder how many monsters came through here!" he thought

But then again, he remembered the talking heads on TV claiming that all the portals are connected to a world called Fantasia. 

It's just that every portal links to a different part of their world, like portals opening up all over in our world. 

Since they are all connected anyway, why not go over for a visit? After eating an earth dragon, he wondered what kinds of creatures he could eat over there

So, having decided, he flew straight into the portal that was hovering above the ocean. 

 

19