Chapter 14 – Arrival at Colimba
347 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam looked at the palm of his hand which was aflame as he walked back to the caravan with Alyssa.

He now had control over flames from the giant winged serpent.

He never understood how his powers worked. 

For example, he now had the Ironclaw Bear's incredible durability. But before this, he had an Earth Dragon's durability which he guessed was greater.

Does his abilities stack, of does he just go to the highest durability?

For example, if he wants to punch something, he just imagines that he wants his fist to be as hard as possible. Would his body just conjure the scales of the Earth Dragon? Or will he have the durability of the Earth Dragon and the Ironclaw Bear?

Or strength wise, would he be as strong as an Earth Dragon only, or an Earth Dragon plus an ogre? Or all 4 ogres he ate together?

He didn't know, but his experience was, he was as strong as he needed to be, and he has eaten quite a number of creatures already, so there shouldn't me many things that were stronger or more durable than he was.

He extinguished the flames as he approached the caravan with Alyssa

After the battle, Alyssa took Adam's clothes so that he could eat naked. This was so that he didn't get blood all over his clothes, and he bathed himself after eating.

Alyssa also bathed with him, thoroughly cleaning each other's body to make sure neither one of them reeked with blood and death.

Adam also tried to make sure he didn't reek of his potent shit. Alyssa teased him as she made sure she sniffed every inch of him after washing his body.

Ugo whistled and winked at him, assuming that he was having sex with Alyssa all night. After all, both of them looked like they had just bathed together.

They greeted the rest of the caravan and declined having breakfast. Last night's shit had already caused so much trouble.

As the trip progressed, they were attacked by dire wolves, harpies and a flaming salamander.

Adam let Alyssa hunt them with the 3 adventurers Giles, Ugo and Martin.

And Adam slowly showed them that he preferred to eat raw meats.

However, he didn't eat them bloody and fresh, rather he drained the blood and air dried them before eating.

Although the caravan was alarmed when Adam butchered the harpies as they looked partially human, after turning them, into meat they looked quite delicious!

At least in this way, he didn't scare or disgust his companions. He was viewed as a peculiar eater, rather than something atrocious akin to a cannibal.

Alyssa did tell him that he looked like a monster when he ate as he was usually covered in blood and gore, especially when he ate a big animal.

The week passed by quickly as they arrived in Colimba on schedule.

They passed through the city gates and stopped at Maximillian's warehouse at the edge of the city.

They received their reward from the merchant Maximillian and bade their farewells to their new friends.

But before they reported their successful journey to the adventurer's guild her in Colimba, Adam decided to deliver the letter first, so they can report the success of both D Rank missions at the same time.

Colimba was many time larger than Nobor and was legitimately a proper city with a much larger population numbering over a million residents.

Like Nobor, the residents were a mixture of many of the races here, including elves.

Realizing that it was better to not be noticed here, lest they get into the same issue with the elves as in Nobor, Alyssa pulled up her cloak to hide her face.

Adam asked around, before being directed to a tall brick tower on the other side of the city, in a forested area that was within the city walls.

He knocked on the door and a old grizzled man in a glittering robe answered the door.

"Hi. I have been commissioned to deliver this letter to this house" Adam said, giving him the letter.

The man didn't thank him, but raised one eyebrow and took the letter.

He opened it and read the contents in front of Adam and Alyssa.

The wizard looked up at Adam after reading it as the letter disintegrated in flames in his hands

"I trust my mission is accomplished. I will be leaving now" Adam said, sensing hostility from the wizard.

He cast a spell and suddenly Alyssa vanished

"Alyssa! Where is she? Return her or else! " Adam yelled as his fists crackled with lightning. 

"She is safe. But you must accomplish a task for me" the wizard said, unfazed by Adam's threat. 

Adam was furious. "You kidnapped my lover and you want me to do a task for you?" he yelled

"Precisely. I am very busy, you see. I want you to collect three things for me" he said as he threw a map to Adam.

There were 3 red Xs on the map, one a dungeon, the second a large garden and lastly a underground cave system.

"There is a necklace worn by Helena the priestess, one of the warrior nuns that went to hunt the Medusa in the garden. I want it as it is a magic item able to resurrect the dead. I believe it has a few uses left. 

Then I want the basilisk skin from the cave system. The shed skin can be used to create a near indestructible leather armor, immune to poison damage and a high immunity to physical damage.

Lastly the egg of a cockatrice from the dungeon, an ingredient to make the elixir of immortality. 

If you want your elf back, you will bring me the items within 40 days. Otherwise, don't expect to get her back alive" he said with a sneer. 

Adam gritted his teeth. He fully wanted to smash this asshole and the tower with him, but then he didn't know what would happen to Alyssa. 

But then again, did he care? Alyssa was just someone he just met, even if she did pledge her life to him. 

She was also the most beautiful woman he's ever seen, much more beautiful than Lena or anyone else on earth. Elves were ethereal beauties and Alyssa was much more so. 

"Fine. She better be safe when you return her to me" he said, his whole body now crackling with lightning. 

With a leap, he shot into the air and disappeared into the horizon. 

10