Chapter 15 – The Forest of Sorrows
326 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam flew in the air, viewing the landscape from the air and comparing it to the map in his hand.

He realized that the medusa, basilisk and cockatrice all had a petrifying gaze, or depending on which version you knew, a death gaze.

So he would have to accomplish his task without looking into their eyes, or even looking at them at all!

He landed at the entrance to the ancient garden. 

On the map, it was named as the Forest of Sorrows. This was where the medusa was, and where the necklace he was supposed to recover would be. 

While he didn't eat any weird creatures like the star nosed mole or blond salamanders that did not require sight, he did have enough weapons in his armory to handle this problem.

He closed his eyes and made them vanish, before his eyebrows moved strangely, revealing them to be moth feathery antennae, which looked very similar to his eyebrows. He ate quite a few moths in the insect exhibition.

He also enhanced his nose to the extreme with the nasal capabilities of the Ironclaw bear and the many wolves he ate. 

Then he extended his hands as he entered the garden, shooting fine webs everywhere. Lena's memories told him that there is a spider, the Kuai Wolf Spider that is blind and can feel its prey through the vibrations of it's webs. 

While Adam didn't eat such a spider, he ate plenty of other more venomous ones that also used the vibrations of their webs to catch their prey. 

Lastly, he opened his mouth and started emitting high frequency screams and used echolocation to walk around the garden. He definitely ate plenty of bats when he was fleeing from the army and swimming island to island in the Pacific. 

With the 3 senses going on overdrive, he started forming an image in his head, something like a radar sense. 

There were statues everywhere and it dawned on him that they were people that were caught in the medusa's gaze. 

He wondered which one was Helen? Even if he used his eyes, he wouldn't recognize her anyway. 

So he scanned each body, looking for one with a necklace. 

While the bodies turned to stone, their clothes, weapons and accessories didn't and most of them were already naked as their clothes had worn off from weather. Adam didn't know how long they have been here, possibly decades or even centuries. 

Suddenly, he sensed a sudden movement. A body slithered over at a rapid pace, grabbing Adam from behind and lifted him up by grabbing his neck. 

She turned him around to gaze into his eyes. 

However, he smiled at her, looking more creepy than her as he had no eyes!

Suddenly, he increased his weight by making his flesh the heavy flesh of a earth dragon, forcing her to lower his body.

The snakes in her hair all attacked and started biting his eyeless face, but he continued smiling as the bite marks closed up instantameously.

"What the hell are you?" she asked in a serpent-like voice, fear starting to creep into her heart.

While she had always been feared as a monster, she was starting to suspect that this eyeless being was a more fearful monster than she was!

"Me? I am your death" Adam said, grabbing her arms that were holding his neck and she felt several pricks in her arms.

She started screaming, her arms melting as she tried to Adam go.

However, Adam didn't release her arms and instead ripped them off her body!

She looked at him in horror as he started eating her two arms, holding them like drumsticks as her blood drenched his mouth and upper body.

She turned to flee when she suddenly found herself caught in webs that she didn't realize was there!

She was trapped and bleeding profusely from her shoulder stumps. And the more she struggled, the tighter the webs bound her.

The sounds of bones crunching drove terror in her heart as she screamed for help.

"Help me! We've been partners in this garden for a long time. You can't simply watch and not help. He will target you next!" the Medusa screamed in her serpent voice.

Adam had just finished both her upper arms until the elbows, including the bones as he looked around. Who was she talking to?

He sensed something strange happening, but he couldn't comprehend that was going on. 

He felt at peace, as if everything was going to be alright.

"Master! You did it! You saved me again!" Alyssa said, running to hug him and started stripping him and fondling his genitals. 

"Alyssa? But I haven't finished the mission yet" he said, confused

"Adam! I missed you so much!" another voice said and he turned only for Lena to jump on him to kiss him!

She then joined Alyssa it pleasuring him with their mouths!

"You did great, Adam. I'm so proud of you" his father and mother both hugged him together.

"Er.. this is weird, mum and dad. I'm kinda busy here" Adam said, looking at his parents hugging him, and his lovers pleasuring him with their mouths at the same time.  

"You've always been my hero!" his sister Janie appeared and joined in the family hug. Adam desperately hope she wouldn't join Lena and Alyssa!

"Here! You can have my food! Do you want help with that?" his school bully walked over, carrying a tray full of French fries, jelly donuts, pizza and a huge bowl of spaghetti, then after handing the food to him he got to his knees!

"Now you've gone too far" Adam said, snapping out of the illusion, just as some military soldiers he recognized that tried to catch him offered him their tanks. 

Opening his eyes, he found himself tied up in vines, spreading him out by his limbs and trying to rip him apart.

At the same time she was on top of him, making love to him. This meant that she the third person he's had sex with! 

However, his body was too durable and dense to be ripped apart, and the vines could not even give him a stretch. 

And while he felt her sucking out his life force, he had absorbed so many lifetimes worth of lifeforce, some of them even being immortal. 

He pulled his limbs in and vines were ripped out from the ground all around him, and threw her off him.  

"How dare you!" a beautiful naked woman with light green skin yelled at him. She was wearing a skirt just made out of purplish pink petals. 

The elven memories and that of the simodiva informed him that this was an alroune, a plant like creature able to shape shift, produce hypnotizing scents, sprout out powerful vines and ultimately suck out the life force of their victims through sex!

He immediately wondered whether if he ate her, he would be able to produce nice scents. Maybe he would be able to hide his smelly poop with more powerful scents!

He rushed at her so fast that she could not react in time, and immediately chomped down savagely onto her shoulder, ripping a bite size portion out of her. 

She screamed in pain, but Adam bit down on her face, ripping off her her nose and parts of her cheek!

Although she looked like a gorgeous woman, Adam knew she was a plant and showed no mercy. Besides, it wasn't as if he was merciful to humans either. 

All the while, the medusa was completely wrapped up in the web, completely immobilized and her blood was staining the web. Her blood was poisonous, but while it didn't effect the web by dissolving it, it would be fatal for anyone that touches it. 

However, this wouldn't do anything to Adam, who was eating her arms, blood and all. 

Adam got off the ground after a few minutes, having completely devoured the alroune. 

To his disappointment, he didn't receive any notification of having gained the alroune's abilities. He didn't gain anything at all, only an empty calorie meal. 

He cursed as he stood up, picking up the remnants of the medusa's hands and finishing it, plucking out the fingers and eating them one at a time like candy. 

He walked over to the wrapped up medusa and twisted her head off. 

He has opened his eyes again. So it was best he kept this part under wraps and separate, in case he accidentally gazed into her eyes.

That bastard gave him 40 days to recover all 3 items. 

So he had plenty of time to search for the necklace. This means he also had time to eat. 

Sounds of bones crunching could be heard from the garden over the next 20 minutes!

[Attribute Acquired: Medusa - Petrification Gaze, Venomous Bites, Immunity to Magic]

"Oh? Immunity to magic?" Adam asked in surprise. 

He picked up the medusa head, knowing that even gazing at the severed head would turn you to stone. It was still dangerous to leave around. 

He hid his eyes again as he unwrapped the head of the medusa. He wasn't Perseus. He didn't need her head at all. 

He brought her head to his mouth, and looked like he was kissing her.

But sounds of him crushing her jaw with his teeth removed all notions of them being intimate. 

He happily ate her flesh and skull, finally finishing with her eyeballs that popped like grapes in his mouth. 

It didn't give him any extra powers, but eating her brain gave him her knowledge and memories, and the gem inside her brain gave him her lifeforce!

"Alright. Now to look for that bloody necklace!" he said, opening his eyes. 

He stood up and extended his hands. Instantly a deadly poison spread out from his body in a mist, killing all the plants around. 

He walked around to look for the necklace, killing all the plants.

The garden was built with stone terraces her and there, which matched the naked petrified bodies standing everywhere.

Finally, he discovered a terrace that was filled with jewelry. The necklace was probably here.

But which one was it? After an hour of sorting through the treasures, he collected 19 items that he would consider necklaces.

He also found something that smelled wonderful. He wondered what it was. It looked like a seed, but nothing he's ever seen before.

Even the memories of the elves and the simodiva didn't know what it was. So he kept it since he like its smell.

It was time to get the second item. He didn't trust the wizard to keep Alyssa safe.

6