Chapter 16 – The Cave of Despair
304 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam landed heavily onto the ground, shaking the whole cave entrance.

He had wanted to see if he could create an earthquake if he made his body dense with Earth Dragon flesh. 

And to a small extent, he did. Maybe he should try to eat an earth golem or something. 

Was there anything stronger or more dense than an Earth Dragon?

He walked into the Cave of Despair

He was naked, his clothes ripped off by the alroune. He had to clothe his lower body with shorts made of his webs, and over his shoulders was a web bad holding the 19 necklaces and the seed that he found. 

But even with web clothes, he looked absolutely terrifying without eyes and with medusa blood and alroune juices covering his body. 

He had decided that he was disadvantaged in a cave and blind, so he sprouted 4 large spider legs which he used to walk, carrying him 8 feet in the air!

His legs hung down loosely, while his arms were stretched out, shooting fine webs everywhere. It looked like he was feeling the air with his hands, which somehow seemed more frightening. 

There were stone bodies everywhere, confirming the legend that a basilisk's gaze can turn you to stone. But unlike in the Forest of Sorrows, the basilisk didn't care about keeping the bodies as decoration. 

They were strewn all around and smashed to pieces, presumably when it moved past. But then again, all the damage might have been caused by his landing outside.

He didn't have to search very long as his echolocation sensed a large long monster hunting him, which he assumed was the basilisk!

However, to his surprise, the basilisk moved in a strange way, moving it's gigantic body unlike any snake he's ever seen.

He dodged the attack, thinking it was the head, as he saw it using his other senses. But it was instead the tail and he was still in mid air when he was suddenly bitten, his bottom parts inside the basilisk's mouth and his top torso, head and arms outside!

Basilisk fangs pierced through his body as Adam screamed, poison flowing right into his body.

Adam retaliated. opening his mouth and spat hydra poison right into the basilisk's eyes!

Stingers injected all sorts of deadly venom from his toes inside the basilisk's mouth and his hands grabbed on to it's face, injecting all other kinds of venom he had!

The basilisk opened it's mouth, trying to get Adam out, after finding it impossible to bite him in half due to his hard earth dragon body.

But Adam held on, pulling the fang deeper into him, injecting more and more poison.

His troll constitution struggled to heal him from the basilisk poison, but eventually it succeeded in neutralizing it.

The basilisk slowly lost consciousness, as it was poisoned by venom more toxic than its own.

The huge head slammed onto the ground, slamming Adam's hard head to the rocks in the cave.

"Motherfucker. Had to get one last hit, didn't you?" he cursed, snapping the fang that was impaled through his chest to free himself so that he could move around.

He retracted his spider legs into his body as he pulled the fang out of his chest and chomped down on it, while still lying down.

His bottom half still inside the basilisk's mouth!

The venom tasted like hot chilli and reminded him of hot barbeque wings.

He opened the basilisk's mouth with his hands and instead of getting out, he dove head first into the mouth!

Sounds of eating could be heard, followed by bones crunching!

Two hours later, a man covered with green blood burped, picking his teeth with one of the basilisk's smaller teeth before popping it into his mouth.

"Damn! I forgot to keep it's skin!" Adam exclaimed, suddenly remembering that the wizard wanted the basilisk's skin!

He looked around him, but there was nothing left!

"Maybe there is another basilisk in here" Adam said, picking up his web bag with the earlier loot and frantically searching the cave for another basilisk. 

Instead, he found the discarded shed skin of the basilisk 

"Skin is skin right?" he said to himself as he wrapped it in webs and deciding it was time to leave for the third task.

He started walking out of the cave when he saw a group of people walking into the cave. 

The group comprised of 12 knights, dressed in black colored platemail armor, with a few dashes of red for decorations. They wore the symbol of a snake on their chest. 

The seemed to be guarding a hooded man dressed completely in a black robe.

And behind them, there were 12 naked women, their necks bound in chains connected to each other.  

"Halt!" the knight said, looking at the strange shirtless man, dressed in white rags and carrying a white satchel on his back. 

He was covered in green, purple and yellow liquid and he smelled extremely bad. 

"What do you want?" Adam said

"How are you not dead? Where is the baaasilisssssssk?" the hooded man asked

"Dead. Why do you ask?" Adam answered

"D... dead? How?" the knight asked

"I ate it!" Adam replied non challantly. 

"You ate our lord?" the hooded man yelled angrily. 

He opened his hands and shot a bluish green poison at Adam, which only made him more colorful. 

"Come on... enough. I'm dirty as it is. Get out of my way" Adam said

The hooded man stood aghast, unable to say anything as his poison attack was completely ineffective. 

Instead, all 12 knights drew their weapons and charged. 

"I don't have time for this" Adam said, slapping the nearest knight. 

The impact of his slap smashed the knight to the ground, his head completely crushed and flattened, making a hole in the rock floor!

He backhanded a sword slash from the second closest knight, splintering the sword like it was made of glass and spinning the knight around in the air before Adam kicked him in stomach. 

His insides splattered all over the place as his body split in half. 

The other 10 knights hesitated and slowly surrounded him. 

"I don't have time for this" Adam said and made a pulling motion to the air. 

Suddenly, the 10 knights and hooded man were yanked into the air, wrapped in fine webbing that Adam had spread around from the moment he entered the cave. 

The knights tried to struggle but the more they moved, the tighter the webs held them. 

The only thing the struggling did was made their bodies sway around. 

He walked to the nearest knight

"What are the girls here for?" he asked

The knight refused to answer and Adam punched him with a mantis shrimp punch. 

His body exploded, leaving only his head swinging wildly. 

He walked to the next knight, who also refused to answer.

Adam kicked him between his legs, and his body contorted badly, forming a arch shape as his groin reached his head. 

"And you? Will you answer me?" Adam asked a third knight. 

"They... they are to sacrifice to our lord!" he answered. 

"You traitor, you will pay for betraying the order of the serpent!" another knight said

"Oh, you are a worshipper of this basilisk are you? So you think he will save you?" Adam asked, walking to the knight that shouted out. 

A stinger came out of his right index finger, and he poked the knight in the stomach as it easily punctured his metal armor. 

The knight felt a prick before he suddenly started screaming. 

The girls and other hanging knights looked in horror as the knight continued screaming. 

Liquid seemed to be pouring out of his armor joints from his legs as the screams faded. 

It only took a minute for his body completely liquified. 

"Basilisk poison sure is deadly" Adam said. 

"My lord!" the hooded man yelled to Adam

"My lord? I'm your lord?" Adam asked

"Yes. You are the basilisk! You are our lord! The girls. They are all yours!" he yelled fervently. 

"Well fuck that! You've wasted enough of my time" Adam said and he walked past the hanging knights one by one, puncturing them with his finger and giving them all a taste of different venoms to try out. 

The hooded man got a taste of his earthly mix of venoms and started shitting blood and vomiting his internal organs out, dying when his spine broke from the spasming and his guts spilled out. 

He walked to the chained girls, and they all were terrified of him, drawing away but they were chained. 

To their shock, he just ripped off their chains and wandered out of the cave. 

The girls realized that they were saved, and ran out to thank him, overcoming their fears. 

But he was nowhere to be seen as he flew to the next destination. 

9