Chapter 17 – Dungeon of Doom
289 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*BOOM* 

Adam crashed onto the ground, shaking the whole area.

"Much better. I guess I can stack them" he said, referring to stacking the density of the earth dragon and 4 ogres!

He looked at the entrance of the dungeon and took his normal precautions by making his eyes disappear and spreading his webs.

It was already getting late at night, and the dungeon wasn't lit.

But he wasn't using his eyes anyway, so he walked comfortably in pitch darkness.

Using echolocation, he soon realized that the dungeon was a maze! 

It had stone walls on both sides as well as it's ceiling and floor. There were torches that he could light, but he found it unnecessary.

Torches would only give him away to the cockatrice that lived here.

He was forced to make a decision as a crossroad appeared.

He tried sending his ultrasonic waves down each direction, but they both only showed that the paths split further!

"Fuck! I don't have time for this!" he yelled

Suddenly, he heard several roars back, answering to his yell.

His echolocation informed him that several large creatures, each the size of a large elephant were charging towards him.

"That makes it easier. I didn't know there were more than one cockatrices. That means more eggs right?" he wondered

A huge creature arrived first and launched itself at him.

"Haha great. Supeeeeeer PUNCH" he yelled 

*WHOPAAA*

His fist went right through the creature's lion head which exploded in bone and blood.

But it only stumbled as it got up again to attack.

"Wait... does a cockatrice have two heads?" he asked, trying to make sense of the shape his echolocation was showing him.

He cast flames to the nearby torches on the wall, and opened his eyes to look.

He saw that the creature had a smashed head from his mantis shrimp punch, but had another head in the middle of it's back.

This was a goat head and instead of a tail, it had a venomous serpent for it's tail on it's lion body.

The simodiva memories told him that this was a chimera. Wrong monster.

"Chimera shimera!" he mumbled as he charged at it.

The monster attacked as it pounced on him and they grappled.

Adam was way stronger and pushed the creature to it's back, smashing it's goat head on the ground.

But the serpent head bit him at the same time! He felt a sting as venom coursed through his veins.

"That's not a bite! This is a bite" Adam said, grabbing the serpent head while the rest of it's body trashed about to get up.

He ripped off the serpent head and chomped down, crushing it's head with his mouth.

He chewed on the skull, eating brains, blood and bone as the remainder of the chimera got up weakly.

Only the goat head was left, and Adam had broken one of it's horns when he threw him to the ground. 

It looked pathetic. So he might as well put it out of its misery.

He was just about to charge when he suddenly felt his web move, and a huge lion-like monster pounced on him!

This time it had the head and body of a lion, a scorpion tail and large wings of a bat!

"A manticore. I wonder what you taste like" Adam said, snapping it's front legs that was trying to push him to the ground and claw him.

He yanked them off and ate the two front legs like chicken drumsticks. 

The injured manticore tried to stand on it's front legs and looked pathetic. The chimera looked even worse and was lying down, dying.

"Oh no you don't" Adam said, dropping the unfinished front legs and pounced on the manticore with a mite's speed as it tried to flee.

He ripped of it's wings as the scorpion tail pierced Adam's back.

But Adam ignored it and climbed on the manticore's back, twisting the neck off!

He heard another two roars and turned around.

"This should be called the Dungeon of Freaks, not the Dungeon of Doom" he said seeing that the new arrivals were a hippogriff and a sphinx!

A hippogriff can sometimes be confused with a griffin. A griffin, of which Adam has eaten had the body of a lion but the head and front legs of an eagle. A hippogriff on the other hand, had the body of a horse but a head and front legs of an eagle!

A sphinx instead, had the body of a lion, but the face and breasts of a woman, plus the wings of an eagle!

It didn't matter to Adam. What mattered is did they taste the same?

He grabbed the sphinx by her breast, yanking her towards him as he took a bite out of her throat.

He used her body to smash the chimera, putting it out of its misery and breaking both monster's spines on each other.

It was then that Adam noticed old scars on their bodies.

He guessed that the monsters were fighting each other for dominance, and each had their own territory that they guarded.

The hippogriff tried to stomp him and claw him with it's front legs, but Adam just caught it and slammed it to the ground, and the front legs snapped in his hands.

He stomped on the creature's wing while it lay upside down and threw it again, ripping one of it's wings off.

"Screeeee!" another monster screamed from behind him

He turned to look

"Oh crap!" he said as his body started petrifying.

However, at the same time, he instinctively cast his own petrification gaze, stacking the medusa gaze and the basilisk gaze.

The cockatrice started petrifying faster than Adam and Adam immediately made his eyes disappear.

He forced himself to move, causing his rock parts to crumble and break off his body, as he punched the petrified head of the cockatrice with his mantis shrimp punch.

It's stone head shattered to pieces as it's still mostly fleshly body crumpled to the ground.

Adam fell to his knees, half his head missing and his left arm broken off. 

However, he didn't have to worry as the troll regeneration started regenerating his missing body parts.

The only creature still alive was the hippogriff, and it had its front legs broken and one wing ripped off.

It tried to crawl away on it's hind legs, but it barely got anywhere by the time Adam recovered.

He stood up, cracking his neck and swinging his new arm in circles.

"Ok. Time to eat" he said putting the hippogriff out of it's misery.

He ate a medusa and an alroune for a snack for late tea.

Then he ate a large basilisk for dinner.

Now for supper, he had a huge feast of a chimera, manticore, sphinx, cockatrice and hippogriff, absorbing all their abilities.

I took him 4 hours to finish them all, including eating their bones.

--

He took a whole day to explore every path in the dungeon. 

Besides the bag carrying the basilisk skin and jewelry from the forest of sorrow, he had another 3 webbed bags on his bag.

They were 3 eggs the size of a pillow each. He didn't know which one belonged to the cockatrice, so he took all three.

He walked out of the dungeon and flew into the air with his dragonfly wings. 

He had to be careful not to break the eggs.

8