Chapter 18 – Cruel And Unusual Punishment
352 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was mid morning, two days after he was given the three tasks.

He knocked on the tower door and the wizard answered.

The wizard answered the door and stared at Adam in shock.

"I have the things right here" he said, showing the 4 web bags containing the 19 necklaces and 3 large eggs.

"Oh? You were quicker than I expected" the Wizard said

"Now give me my woman back" Adam demanded

"Well, since you have 38 more days to spare, I should give you another task" the wizard smiled, seeing how capable Adam was

Adam stared at him silently and then reached into one of the bags, taking out a random gold necklace

The wizard glared at him in shock as Adam chomped down, eating the necklace, jewels and all.

"What are you doing?" the Wizard yelled

Adam ignored him and stomped on one of the webbed eggs, splattering it all over the place

"Stop! You can't do this!" the wizard yelled

But Adam just reached into the bag again and ate another necklace, his teeth ruining the gold chain and jewel attached.

"Wait! Here she is!" he said, making Alyssa appear.

"Adam!" she said, hugging him

"Are you hurt? Did he do anything to you?" Adam asked

"No. He treated me well" Alyssa said, looking at Adam who was furious.

"Then lets go" he said as he pulled Alyssa along by her hand, leaving the rest of the necklaces and remaining two eggs there.

"You'll regret this! Curse you!" the wizard yelled, casting a spell on Adam

Adam felt something touch him, but it bounced off. Must have been the immunity against magic.

"Did that fucker attack me?" Adam said aloud

He turned around and instantly charged at the wizard.

The wizard shut the door as Adam's mantis shrimp punch smashed against an invisible barrier.

However, the magic barrier held, and a loud sound shook the whole tower.

"Fucker" Adam said, walking quickly down the street.

Alyssa stood in place, seeing Adam buy food from the vendor down the road.

He walked past her again and winked, holding several large handfuls of barbequed meat on sticks.

He continued hammering on the barrier with one hand, making loud noises which shook the tower, and eating the skewers of meat in the other.

"What are you doing mast.. I mean Adam?" Alyssa asked

"Just stay were you are! It's better if you are upwind!" Adam said

He suddenly removed his web pants and squatted in front of the tower door.

Alyssa's eyes widened and she fled at superhuman speed.

Adam continued eating the mountain of meat he bought while he squatted.

--

Adam left a pile of shit waist high that completely blocked the door and even leaned on the magic barrier.

He even left a line of poop all around the tower after going back and forth, buying up all the food he could find from all the vendors.

Besides the necklaces, he also took some of the treasures from the Medusa's treasure.

It was good that he bought all the food up from the vendors. At least they made enough money to move, since that area became inhabitable from the smell.

Not only that, it became impossible to sell food there anymore either, because the smell stuck on your clothes and lingered for a long time.

Another reason the place became inhospitable was that beasts started attacking the city walls on that side of the city.

When the wizard was confident that Adam was no longer there, he tried to leave his tower. 

But as he opened his door and removed the barrier, the pile of poop collapsed into his doorway, filling up the first few feet inside the tower, and the smell wafted up the tower. 

The Wizard couldn't react in time as his body automatically retched so badly, that he left vomit all over the place as he crawled up the stairs. 

But there was no escape. The whole tower was already filled with the smell. 

He took multiple showers that morning, and used magic to clean his tower. 

However, before he could even get rid of the shit at the still open entrance to the tower, he heard a noise and stared out in shock at the scene outside his window

Wild and powerful beasts started charging at his tower. He was under attack!

He immediately activated his magic barrier again, keeping the beasts out, but the effect of that was he also kept the pile of shit that collapsed into his entrance in!

He couldn't take the smell, so he couldn't go down to close the door, but he needed to keep the barrier up, or the beasts will enter the open door. This meant that he was stuck with a pile of shit permeating the tower.

"Aaaah!" the Wizard went crazy at the situation, blasting a fireball from the top floor right down the tower, setting the pile of shit ablaze. 

Unfortunately, the burning poop was even more rancid, as black smoke filled the whole tower. 

He had to flee to his balcony as smoke poured out of every window and balcony door. 

He had no choice but to teleport out of there. 

As he did so, he teleported to the middle of the Mage Guild. 

The mages were shocked that anyone would teleport in here. Only the top mages were allowed to use such magic to do so. 

Suddenly, everyone started puking as the smell permeated from every strand of the wizard's clothes and every pore of his body. 

Although he was a famous wizard, the other wizards started firing spells at him to force him out of there. 

He fled miserably and had to leave the city for a while to get the stench off him. 

Since that incident, he became known as Orwell the Awful. 

He returned a week later, a slight smell still lingering on him. 

He found that his tower was still standing as the barrier held. But his beautiful garden around it was destroyed by the monsters. 

Apparently the city had to call a squad of adventurers to kill all the monsters, and many were injured in the event. 

Many more were affected by the smell, having been injured while vomiting, and many vowed never to work with Orwell again. 

He opened the barrier to enter the tower and the smell immediately hit him. 

His whole tower was now condemned!

Every inch of the inside of his tower was blackened by the smoke, and the smell was in everything. 

He wanted to immediately work on the necklace of resurrection, the basilisk skin and cockatrice egg, but did he dare?

Were they affected by the smell? What happens if he manages to concoct his immortality elixir. Will anyone dare take it with the smell infused in it?

"Curse you barbarian!" he yelled

8