Chapter 21 – The Underdark
348 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Underdark was a dark forbidden realm, literally a different world with different rules. 

It was a vast realm in perpetual darkness which seemed a world away from the bright and colorful world above. 

Only those races and creatures that could live in absolute darkness, having darkvision like the dark elves, or telepathy like many of the other creatures, could survive here. And practically all of them were evil!

Terrifying creatures lived here. From the ever hostile and dangerous Hook Horrors, to the Aboleth in the waters, Illithids and Beholders, to the evil versions of the Elves, Dwarves and Gnomes, namely the Drows, Duergars and Derro!

There were also giant spiders whom the Drow worship, Driders who were half drow with a spider lower body, and all sorts of abberations and outsiders. There were even the Undead and Demons, wondering around and making the Underdark their home.

Unlike the surface world, everything in the Underdark were hostile to each other, and every one of them were vicious killers, perpetually at war!

But now, there was an unknown creature, devouring everything in it's path. Territories known to be occupied and guarded by Beholders were now deserted, with only bloodstains on the ground. 

A Beholder is a large floating eyeball with many tentacles, each with another eyeball at the end that shot different beams of energy, from petrification, hypnosis, disintegration and even elemental beams of fire, cold and lightning! 

It was regarded as one of the most deadly monsters in the Underdark. But apparently, not the deadliest!

Teams of Drows, Illithids and Duergar went missing while investigating the rumored creature. 

It wasn't even trying to hide. The only reason it was unidentified was because anyone that investigates it's existance disappears before being able to report back what they found. 

The only thing the races of the Underdark could tell was that it was walking on a straight trajectory to the Drow City of Nazar Chud at first, but detoured towards the the Underdark city of Chal'Situ

Surprisingly, this destination wasn't a Drow city, but a city of Illithids, who were also known as Mind Slayers. 

They were a telepathic race of outsiders, who viewed themselves as the superior race over all others, and have caused the enslavements of entire races in the Underdark.

Adam looked at the Illithid city from a distance while dragging the half eaten body of a particularly large 43 foot long slimy Aboleth. 

An Aboleth is a water based creature with vast psionic abilities, able to take over the minds of other creatures. Adam had to fight it's many minions which it had enslaved, from Kuo-toa and Derro to even hook Horrors!

It had tried to directly control Adam's mind but he was already resistant to mind attacks by now, having eaten a Beholder and several Illithids!

Adam had followed Alyssa's trail initially to a Drow town, but detoured when the trail went further to this Illithid city. He didn't understand why they moved her, but if they were dealing with Illithids, it wasn't a good sign. 

"Who goes there? A Human?" an Illithid guard, surrounded by 10 Tzakandi said, seeing Adam walk up to the city. 

Tzakandi were lizardmen after being transformed into Illithids and their brains eaten. They were used as slave laborers and guards.

To Adam, they tasted like chicken

"Foolish huma....aaaagh!" the Illithid screamed having it's arm ripped off after it's mind blast failed on Adam.

Adam ate the arm while killing the rest of the Tzakandi, who were attacking him without fear for their lives.

The Illithid tried to flee, but while fighting and eating, Adam shot a web at the Illithid's feet and started pulling him back with extra hands he sprouted from his body as the Illithid desperately scraped the ground with it's bloody hands trying to get away.

Unfortunately, the Illithid managed to cry out a psionic warning, and the whole city came alive!

Adam didn't have time to eat anymore, as all sorts of Illithids came charging at him.

Illithids didn't breed, rather they ate the brains and took over the bodies of other creatures by inserting a Illithid tadpole into their victim's ears which crawls and eats their brains, sprouting an octopus like head replacing the top part of the victim's head. 

There were Brain Golems made out of brains, Mindwitnesses which were Beholders who had turned into Illithids, and even a Breainstealer Dragon which was an Illithid Dragon! The rest were one form or another of Illithid, only with different humanoid bodies.

Adam suddenly switched into high gear, from a leasurely pace while eating, he suddenly attacked at a speed faster than the eye could see!

He bounced from one position to another, like an acrobatic superhero, each of his 6 hands holding a severed limb to bash enemies with and to feed his ever eating mouth.

He moved with the speed of a mite, jumped with the jumping power of a flea, and his devastating punch was that of a mantis shrimp.

He seemed to be shooting webs everywhere and spitting poison from the stingers in his 6 hands at everything within reach.

Physical and psionic screams sounded everywhere as Adam headed to where Alyssa was.

Eventually, the Illithids concluded they couldn't defeat this monster and fled.

They also realized that Adam wasn't chasing after any enemies that didn't attack him, but was only concerned with going a particular direction.

As such, the city was abandoned en mass, with the exception of a few foolish Illithids that were too proud to retreat.

Adam had a name for these fools. 

Snacks.

It took Adam 5 minutes to travel through the city to the building Alyssa was in, even at mite speed with no obstacles.

He burst through the door and was shocked at what he saw.

Several illithid's were getting dressed in the typical Illithid cloaks that they wore.

And one of the naked bodies was Alyssa!

Her gorgeous naked body was immediately recognizable after he had experienced her intimately.

However, the top of her face was covered by the octopus like creature, covering her face up to her bottom jaw, with it's tentacles hanging down her beautiful face.

Adam was so enraged, he slaughtered the other 8 or so naked Illithids. They all had drow bodies, and he smashed their Illithid heads, leaving both male and female drow bodies on the floor.

He was in no mood to eat as the Illithid with Alyssa's body kept mind blasting him to no effect.

He instantly took Alyssa in her arms and ripped out the octopus, smashing it against the nearby wall.

She stared at him with a blank face as Adam looked in horror at her skull being cut open from her forehead and above, and inside her skull where her brain should be, only the cerebellum and brainstem intact to keep her body alive. 

However, most of her brain, her cerebrum was missing! These were the parts where her memories, her emotions, her intelligence and her personality were kept!

Literally, this meant that the Alyssa he knew was gone!

 

10