Chapter 22 – An Experimental Recovery
350 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam held the naked body of Alyssa closely in his arms, nervously putting his hand over her empty skull.

He regretted taking his time coming over to rescue her.

He was overconfident that the Drows were planning to blackmail the Elvendar Royal Family with her, so he thought that they would not harm her. 

He found out later from the memories of both the dead Illithids and Drow, that the Illithids had attacked the Drow city at the same time, imprisoning the Drow, together with Alyssa as well!

They not only turned Alyssa into an Illithid, but the conquered Drow! 

As preparation to heal Alyssa, he had already eaten the octopus looking creature that had eaten up Alyssa's brains and replaced the top of her head and brain. 

Adam made sure that he had eaten and acquired all of Alyssa's previous memories and knowledge from that the squishy thing had absorbed from her. 

Before attacking the city, he had also acquired the abilities of many Illithids and their variations, as well as a powerful Aboleth.

But will this work? His hand hovered above her empty skull and started glowing. 

He was using the unicorn's healing abilities, which were supposed to be miraculous. 

This should work right? After all, wasn't his own brain sliced in two by the orcs before? Didn't half his skull turn to stone and broke off by the cockatrice?

But then again, he had the regenerative ability of a troll to heal his damaged and missing brain. This is the healing power of a unicorn to regrow Alyssa's brain. 

His brain was only partially cut off or sliced in two. Alyssa's brain was completely missing!

As he started pouring as much healing energy as he could into her head, her body started twitching. 

Her mouth made strange moaning and making unrecognizable noises, with her tongue flickering in and out, and moving all over. He didn't know her tongue was so long, she could lick her own nose and under her chin!

Her eyes started moving around, looking in different directions at the same time! This, together with her face and mouth making random expressions made her beautiful face look comedic, but made Adam feel sad at the same time.

Her arms and legs flailed around in an uncontrolled fashion, even kicking and slapping him by accident and she defecated on his lap while her pee shot out of her like a fountain!

Suddenly, the air around the room started blowing in random directions, even in conflicting and opposing directions, causing her pee to spray everywhere, and all over the both of them.

Vines, plants and trees started growing all around him, some flowering, some sprouting fruits as her abilities were going wild. 

Adam's stomach felt an incredible pain, as if he really needed to shit badly. 

He really didn't want to deal with his shit right now, and was hugging Alyssa tightly within the violent gale that was throwing fruits, urine and feces everywhere. 

But he ignored them all, scanning and looking at Alyssa intently as he started feeling a whisper of consciousness from her mind. 

Her brain was also growing visibly, however her thoughts were strange. 

Her nature seems to have changed, and was not the sweet elf that he knew. Or was this her original temperament all along?

"Oh shit, it's the Illithid regenerating" Adam said, recognizing the brain in her head, as it matched the memories of the Illithid that he ate.

Sensing that there were actually two different brains that were regenerating in Alyssa's skull, he started physically ripping out the alien looking parts of the brain, while letting the normal pink brain matter regrow. 

It was a continuous process, because if both brains regrew, the Illithid one would outgrow and perhaps eat the elf brain. 

Either that or she will have a gigantic head with two brains in them!

Her brain eventually regrew back looking normal after he ripped out all the alien looking parts, and Adam was fairly certain that the brain looked elf rather than Illithid, when the skull started regrowing back together with the skin on her scalp. 

At the same time, Adam was entering her mind and filling her with as much memories as he can that belonged to Alyssa, which he recovered from eating the Illithid.

Fortunately the Illithid had only just bonded with her and grew from a tadpole recently. It barely took over Alyssa's body and was getting dressed as Adam ripped it off her head and ate it.

It didn't really have much life experience yet as an Illithid, so its experiences and memories were negligible. 

Her head closed up and her golden hair started regrowing back to the original waist length hair that she had when he first rescued her.

She opened her eyes, and Adam was pleased that her eyes were facing the same direction at him and smiling.

"Adam?" she said looking at his face full of blood.

"Alyssa. Are you ok?" Adam asked

"I... I think so. What... what happened to me? Where are we?" she asked, looking at the room all filled with trees and plants everywhere, looking nothing like a building in an Illithid city.

"It's so dark in here" she said, getting off his lap.

"Oh! I forgot" Adam said, creating a light in his hand.

He had darkvision and was used to being in the Underdark, but she didn't.

Adam tried to get up, but found that he was stuck to the vines that had grown under him.

He used a bit of strength and the vines ripped apart before he could move again.

"Hee hee" Adam heard in his head

"What was that?" Alyssa asked

"You heard that too?" Adam asked, rubbing his stomach which was aching.

"Yeah. What was that? It sounded like a little girl" Alyssa said

"I agree" Adam nodded, looking around. 

He looked on the ground and saw the many dead bodies of the Drow turned Illithids. 

"Hmm? How come these Illithids only have 4 tentacles?" he asked

"What do you mean?" Alyssa asked

"It's just.... Nevermind" he replied.

But it bothered him.

"He remembered that Alyssa's Illithid had 6 tentacles!" he remembered

He picking up a few Ullithids heads that he ripped of their hosts and checked to see if they had more tentacles that were hidden or accidentally ripped off.

But no, these other Illithids only had 4 tentacles. The one that was on Alyssa must be special.

He accessed all the memories of the many Illithids he had eaten and was shocked to find out that Alyssa had actually been turned into a Ulitharid, a superior Illithid which the other Illithids treated like a god!

That means, since he ate it and absorbed it's abilities, he too had the superior powers of a Ulitharid after eating it!

But what about Alyssa?

He turned to see her curiously looking at the dead Drow.

She recognized the dead female Drow as the Matriarch of the City that had ordered her capture. She was the leader of the Drow in that city!

But what concerned Adam more was that Alyssa was levitating half a foot in the air like a Ulitharid!

Was she his Alyssa back with a regrown elf brain, or was she a Ulitharid brain hidden in her body?

But with the knowledge, memories, emotions and personality of Alyssa implanted in the new brain, she was Alyssa again, right? 

They walked through the city unhindered by the inhabitants who had returned from fleeing, They cleared the way for them to walk through.

Adam was picking up body parts to eat those monsters that he killed and absorb their abilities.

He was also doing that to provoke them, to see if they will still attack after all the carnage he caused.

The Illithids backed away, even clearing a path for them to walk out and bowed deeply in submission.

The problem was that Adam wasn't sure they were bowing to him out of fear that he might rampage again, or bowing to Alyssa because they recognized her as their superior!

9