Chapter 24 – Back in Colimba
331 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam and Alyssa's return to the guild hall of Colimba caused a great commotion as everybody started talking about them. 

Not only did they rescue the many kidnapped and raped women, they also turned up with far more ears than expected. 

The D ranked mission only expected the adventurers to turn up with 3-4 goblin ears per person, and a strong adventurer might exceed 10 goblins. 

Adam and Alyssa turned up with 87 goblin and 43 hobgoblin ears!

They literally wiped out an entire village of goblins. 

Because of this, the guild master Bentley felt that he had no choice but to promote both of them to a permanent C Rank Adventurers. 

Seriously speaking, a whole village extermination of a goblin village would be ranked a B Ranked mission, especially when hobgoblins and goblin mages and paladins are involved. The mission was rated as highly as an orc village extermination, which Adam never reported that he completed in Nobor!

The number of ears submitted gained them a huge reward that everyone around watched enviously. 

Many openly gossiped that they probably cheated, and got an B Ranker to get the ears for them

Others even claimed that the ears belong to them, that they dropped them. 

Yet others started crying, demanding compensation for not rescuing their sisters/girlfriend/wife

"Shameless!" Alyssa yelled, unable to take the provocation anymore.

Her yell was enhanced with a psionic yell in everyone's heads, shocking the hall into silence! 

Adam put his hand on her shoulder and shook his head. 

If they were to go wild now, they might never be welcomed back again, and may even get a warrant on their head. 

"YOU!" a man suddenly yelled from the door

"Oh Uh! They're in it now. The smelly mage is back"

"Orwell the Awful?"

"More like Orwell the Smell! That couple is in trouble now!" the people in the guild gossiped loudly. 

They were happy to watch a show happening in front of them

"Oh! Are you here to pay our commission for the letter? Don't forget my commission for the egg, skin and necklace too!" Adam said

"Aaaaagh!" Orwell screamed and shot a large fireball at Adam.

"No!" Bentley, the guild master yelled as he hid behind his shield.

All the adventurers ducked aside as it exploded on Adam.

But to everyone's shock, he just stood there unharmed as he blocked with his new psionic shield.

"So I suppose you are not paying then?" Adam asked

"Bastard. I'll take your lover and rape her like I intended!

Then I will get my horses to fuck her, as well as an orc or two!

She will get pregnant and die. 

Then you will serve me as my slave forever for what you've done!" the mage yelled

He cast a teleportation spell on Alyssa, intending to kidnap her like he did before.

However, she stood there staring at him angrily. Illithids, and especially Ulitharids are extremely resistant to magic, and even held magic in disdain, regarding magic as an inferior copy of their psionic abilities!

Alyssa retaliated and blasted Orwell with a mind blast, after being angered that he threatened to get an orc to rape her. That was her reverse scale that he shouldn't have mentioned. 

Her mind blast caused him to crumble to the ground where he stood like a puppet with its strings cut.

She was certain a Level 5 mage would be able to sufficiently block against her wind or nature abilities.

But a mind blast was something Orwell has never even heard off before. Blood spurted out of his nose, ears and eyes while he sat on the ground drooling like an idiot. He soiled himself, unable to hold his feces and urine in.

Surface dwellers have very limited interactions with the denizens of the underdark who rarely venture out of their underground world.

Seeing a Drow is extremely rare, but seeing a illithid is completely unheard of. If anyone ever encounters an illithid, it would already be too late and they would never see sunlight again having already been enslaved.

Alyssa was so incensed that she blasted Orwell with half her strength, frying his brain. It would take months for Orwell to regain his faculties, and even then he was forever plagued by a stutter and tremors, affecting his work and reputation.

In fact, it caused him to have a phobia of elves since this incident.

"That's quite merciful of you" Adam smiled, patting Alyssa's shoulder.

He knew that if she hit him with a full mind blast, his head might very well explode into shards of skull and flesh. 

They left the guild hall and went to look for an inn to book a room for the night.  

After booking a room, they sat down at the diner downstairs. 

Adam was surprisingly hungry even after eating so many goblins and hobgoblins. 

And he had a sudden craving for cooked meat!

"Won't this cause problems for you?" Alyssa asked, eating her large salad. 

"Yes. It would. But my body seems to be craving for cooked meat, even after eating those green little buggers" Adam said, referring to the goblins.

They ate their meal, and after two large servings of roasted meat, Adam finally felt his stomach stop grumbling. 

"Yummy!" a unfamiliar voice said.

"There's that voice again!" Alyssa said

"I know" Adam said. But he had other things on his mind. 

Does that mean he needed to eat cooked meat now? But tonight, pooping would be a big problem, wouldn't it?

He would have to fly out of the city to poop somewhere. Or should he poop at Orwell the Smell's tower again? He's a drooling idiot now isn't he. Perhaps he should stop bullying him. 

After making love for several hours, Adam lay in bed naked with Alyssa in his arms

He was waiting for his usual stomach rumble a few hours after his cooked meat meal, whereby he would have to rush off to poop somewhere far away. 

However, he waited all night and there was nothing. 

Suddenly, there was a loud noise from outside. 

A person was ringing the warning alarm! The city was under attack!

Alyssa and Adam peeked out of the window and saw a vast army of skeletons fighting on the streets!

They outnumbered the few adventurers 100 to 1 and the adventurers were on the defensive.

Adam and Alyssa put on their web clothes and jumped out of their window to the streets below. 

 

10