Chapter 26 – Leaving Colimba
220 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alyssa was searching around the buildings together with all the other adventurers, searching inside and outside the city walls without a clue where the lich's phylactery was. 

She had assumed that her elven sensitivity to magic, especially foul necromantic magic, would make it easy for her to find the phylactery. 

However she was severely mistaken. If a sensitivity to magic was all it took, a lich would not even bother hiding it's phylactery. 

"This way" she suddenly heard in her head as something flew over her head faster than the human eye could see.

She recognized Adam immediately and chased after him. Wasn't he keeping the lich's body in check?

He flew to a lake, and in the middle of the lake was a small island with a dead tree in the middle.

Alyssa jumped and used her wind abilities to cross the 120 meters to the island.

Adam pulled out the dead tree by its roots and right there was a contained of some sort.

He picked it up and looked at it as it radiated a death aura to try to kill him.

But like the lich itself, the death aura was ineffective against him due to his Ulitharid magic immunity. 

Looking closely, it was a box made of a bone structure and skin pulled tightly.

Inside looked like a dead heart, presumably that of the lich's original body.

"You need a holy weapon to destroy it!" Alyssa said

But where was he to get a holy weapon here?

Instead, like with everything else, Adam but down on it and started eating it to Alyssa's shock and dismay.

"I thought you didn't want to eat the undead?" she asked

"I only didn't want to eat the skeletons since I don't gain anything from it. But this is different" he said

"What do you gain?" Alyssa asked

"Necromancy" Adam said finishing the last piece into his mouth.

"You.. better be careful to not expose it. Necromancy is a forbidden form of magic. You... we would be hunted down" she said, emphasizing that she will still be sticking with him.

"I won't" Adam smiled as he pulled her in for a hug.

"How did you find it so fast anyway? Even my senses could not detect the foul magic" Alyssa ask

"Oh, that's because I wasn't tracking the magic" Adam answered

"Then what?" she asked

"I followed the scent!" Adam said, pointing to his nose that had the oldfactory senses of a bear and his eyebrows which had turned to the antennae of a moth!

Finishing the mission to eliminate the lich, they headed together back to Colimba. 

Back near the guild hall, the people on the streets and adventurers were cleaning up. 

Bentley the guild master looked over to them,

"Hey! What happened to the lich's body?" he asked Adam

The problem with Adam eating the phylactery was that he had no proof that it has been destroyed. Furthermore, Adam was last seen managing the lich.

"Oh that? It just stopped regenerating and crumbled to dust. So I went to look for Alyssa" he answered. 

"That means someone has taken care of his phylactery. Come to the guild hall tomorrow. I think another promotion is warranted" Bentley nodded. 

"Thanks" Adam smiled as he returned to his inn with Alyssa. 

The next morning, they entered the guild after a late breakfast, taking their time after a long night. 

They got a modest rewards and for initially destroying the lich, they got an automatic promotion to B Rank.

Of course, the series of multiple quick promotions didn't go down well with the other more established adventurers. 

Due to murmurings and complaints of the other jealous adventurers, and the fact that he was garnering too much unwarranted attention, Adam decided that it was time to leave Colimba.

After all, he was still looking for portals back to earth. 

Of course, he was in no hurry to return yet, but he would like to at least know of a way home.

From listening around, he got to know of a portal to Earth that traded material goods between worlds in the Goldonia Capital City of Matrisol, so he decided that was his next destination.

Alyssa of course had no objections. She would follow him anywhere.

They packed their stuff and said farewell to Bentley, receiving a letter of recommendation to the guild hall of Goldonia and the cities along the way.

In order to go to Goldonia, they would have to take a weeks journey to Alarim, the floating city of Mages. From there, he would take a ride on the flying eagle over the Darklands to Coldgrip, before a two week journey from there to Goldonia.

It sounded like a long trip, so Adam decided to take it easy and take a mission following a caravan from Colimba to Alarim. 

He could fly there directly, of course, but he would rather savor the sights along the way.

They took the day to pack and make preparations before spending a their final night at Colimba.

They wined and dined in an expensive restaurant, spending a romantic evening together, before indulging their lust together at night.

Adam was amazed that for a few nights now, he had been eating cooked food with no problems. He didn't have to rush out to find somewhere far away to dispose of his extra vile smelling poop. 

But while they fucked at night, there was that tiny female voice again

"Tehehe" the voice giggled as Adam stopped moving, balls deep in Alyssa as he tried to find the location of the voice.

But he found nothing, even with the Ulitharid's telepathic abilities!

--

The next morning, they met up with the caravan to Alarim.

The client was a magician by the name of Hazard, who was dressed in a blue magician robe and a matching hat, holding a staff.

He was driving s wagon filled with magic potions made in Colimba to be brought to Alarim.

Besides Adam and Alyssa, there were another 4 mercenaries joining the journey, namely Ayala the Paladin, Destro the priest, an archer named Leandro and a swordsman named Tennessen.

They were a team and would only accompany the wagon 90% of the way as they were going to explore the famous dungeon on the way to Alarim. 

"Since we're all here, lets depart" Hazard said as he spurred his horses to move.

 

10