Chapter 27 – Alyssa Departing
523 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The journey after leaving Colimba was pretty pleasant. 

Hazard was a Level 5 Wizard, one of the most powerful in Colimba, at the same level as Orwell the Ne-er Do Well With The Awful Smell (Yes, his nicknames merged together), and was a liaison from the Mage's Guild in Colimba to the Mage Guild in the magic city of Alarim. 

Usually he would simply communicate by magic orb, or in cases of emergency, teleport directly to Alarim using magic crystals. However, that was expensive, and this time he had a wagon full of monster cores and other magical items to deliver, which would make teleportation too expensive and wasteful. 

As for the group of mercenaries, they were called the Minotaur's Bollocks, with all of them C Ranks with their leader Ayala, being a B Rank. 

They were on missions when Adam and Alyssa had their sudden appearance and rise in the adventurer's guild, but they had witnessed their performance during the lich attack and were impressed. 

So unlike many of the other jealous adventurers, they were curious and friendly with Adam and Alyssa. 

They shared stories of their adventures and Adam listened to them intently, learning about their world. 

"Oh, so there is an Academy in Goldonia?" Adam asked

"Yes, the academy is for the aristocrats of Matrisol and all talented teenagers. Why... do you want to join?" Ayala asked

"Maybe. I want to learn more about the world" Adam answered

"How.. how old are you?" Leandro asked

"I just turned 16 not long ago" Adam said

"So young" Tenneson gasped

They continued talking about other things when Adam informed them that he was from the other side of the portal in Goldonia!

"So you are an outsider!" it was Hazard's turn to gasp

"Yes. I became stuck in this world and have been looking for ways to go home" Adam said

"What about... "Ayala asked, gesturing to Alyssa, not knowing what their relationship was between them.

"I will follow him anywhere, even back to his world" she said and hugged his arm, letting it slide between her breasts.

"Well I don't plan to return that soon anyway. I might want to enroll into the Academy" Adam said

Their journey continued in a comfortable atmosphere as they journeyed for 2 days without incident. 

As they were travelling in a group, they had to abstain from their nightly romps. They had plenty of time together after this anyway, or so they thought

However, on the third day, they found their path blocked by a large group of elves!

"What is the meaning of this?" Hazard stood up, his staff glowing in anger. 

"We apologize, wise wizard. We need to talk with our princess" the elf said

"What? Princess? Who?" Destro asked

"I am" Alyssa stood forwards as the elves all got to their knees to bow.

"I told you that I have abdicated my title. I am now with my beloved. Please leave us alone" Alyssa said

"We..can't Princess. Something has happened" the leader of the group said

"What? You are.... Triberto... are you not? What happened to Tractus?" she asked, knowing that Triberto was one of Tractus' assistents.

"Your highness... Tractus has been killed" he said, still bowed and not looking up at her. 

"What? How?" Alyssa asked in shock. 

"He sacrificed his life to save the life of your mother as the Royal Family fled during the coup" he said

"The... coup? Tell me what happened?" Alyssa demanded

"Yes your highness. A month ago, after you never returned with Tractus, a few of the other members of the Royal Family announced that you abandoned our Kingdom. 

They were the ones that suggested you be married to the demon prince Raksa to form a political arrangement between the races" he started

"I never agreed to that. Nor did my father!" Alyssa said

"I know. But Prince R'atana, your uncle, caused a great fuss about it and a civil war broke out from your father's peaceful faction and your uncle's war faction. 

A few days ago, the palace was stormed by an army of rebellious elves, dark elves and orcs. 

Your family was forced to flee, with your father receiving severe injuries in the escape

Please. We need you to return. Your presence will be a large boost in reclaiming the throne for your family" he said

Alyssa was one of the most powerful warriors among the elven race. With her speed, strength and dexterity, she was more than a match for most elves. However, even she was conquered and captured by a large group of orcs. 

But now, she was no longer the same Alyssa of the past. Nobody but Adam knew, that she now had the mental abilities of a Ulitharid, a being so scary, that most mages would not stand a chance against her powers, let alone any other beings without any mental abilities. 

"I will return with you to settle this" she said before looking at Adam

"I will come with you" he said

"No! This is an internal matter" the elf said

"Don't worry about me dear. You know I will be alright" Alyssa smiled as she kissed Adam

The elves all bristled looking at their princess kiss a common human. 

"I will find you in Goldonia when I'm done" Alyssa communicated telepathically with Adam. 

He smiled and hugged her

"Alright. I believe in you" he said as they let got of each other. 

In a flash, the elves all disappeared in a flash, including Alyssa. 

Ayala patted Adam on his shoulder as they continued their journey. 

--

The rest of the journey was uneventful as all they encountered were a few wild wolves, some goblins and some giant boars. 

Adam didn't show off too much of his abilities, only barely using strength to kill the creatures. 

He ate them cooked, together with his travel mates. 

Surprisingly, he still didn't have any stomach problems and didn't need to take a dump. He was starting to worry that something had gone wrong with him. 

The Minotaur's Bollocks eventually left the caravan as they departed to explore the dungeon on the way to Alarim, leaving Adam to sit alone with Hazard on the wagon. 

"Don't worry my young friend. Your lover will return. Anyway, I will write a recommendation for you to enter the Academy in Goldonia. The Headmistress Adele is my old friend" he said with a gentle smile. 

"Thanks Hazard. I really appreciate it" Adam said as they crossed over a hill that blocked their view ahead. 

In the distance, he could see over a great large open field, a huge city floating in the air

This was the famous floating city of Alarim! 

9