Chapter 7
1.2k 14 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Running through I saw…

 

A woman?

 

A young, beautiful woman. Sparking white hair with deep, crimson eyes. As if they were forged from the deepest pits of hell. She had a white sporty yet elegant outfit, only emphasizing the beauty of her hair even further. Her smile wrung out to me, playing an orchestra of fear in my head.

 

I ran right into her, or rather, was about to. She sidestepped to the side, pushing me further and accelerating me towards the railing. I slammed into the railing, falling off of the 4th story headfirst. 

 

My heart rate sped up faster than ever. I cried out in fear inside my head, my mouth shut, my face petrified as I fell towards the ground, spiralling towards the ground. The adrenaline kicked in, making it seem like time moved slower around me. All I could think about was the imminent death I was falling towards. I closed my eyes, hoping that it at least wouldn't hurt, that way, my death wouldn't be as painful as my life had been. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes as I thought back to all the things I had regretted. I could only hope the afterlife wasn't as brutal as this cruel world was. I regretted not staying back. I regretted running. I regretted my decisions. I hated my life.

 

Yet, I wanted to live. I didn't want to die, not yet. Please, someone, anyone, hear my pleas. Don't leave me behind just yet, I still have so many more things to do in this life, I'm too afraid. I don't know what's going to happen. I'm afraid. Afraid of what's next. Please help me someone I cried out in my head, crying out to nothing but the soon-to-be empty shell that was me. 

 

Death.

 

Goodbye. I could only wish I tried a bit more. Trying a bit more before I was forced to give up on this life.

 

"Found you~" My eyes widened in surprise as time resumed back to normal. I tried looking at what I could assume to be, what I could only wish to be. My eyes weren't able to follow nor react as I spiraled down towards the ground, everything between me and the ground as blurry as could be.

 

I had definitely hit the ground, no, rather, I had definitely hit 'something'. The first thing I could see was her. Suina! She held me in her arms as if the kinetic energy had dissipated completely within her body, not affecting her at all.

 

She looked angry at me at first when I looked at her, but her face quickly turned into sadness, pity, and worry. 

 

"Why are you crying, honey?" Said Suina, before her face quickly turned into that of anger again. However, this time it wasn't directed at me.

 

"Who did this to you? I'm going to rip them apart. Those fuckers will pay the price for hurting someone as precious as you~ Now tell me. Which fucker did this to you?" (Suina)

 

My brain was still processing what had just happened. It all happened so fast yet so many things had gone through my head. It was only until she started moving around I woke up. However, my mind was still in turmoil I blurted out. "Home…! Let's leave!" 

 

Her eyes widened before she turned to look at me. A smile crept upon her face. "You…you want to go home? Okay! Forget about them. Let's go home! Together!" She said. Looking around her smile dissipated. But before she could say anything, that same white-haired woman who had nearly killed me walked right in front of us. My hand curled into a fist, getting angry over the fact that she had nearly killed me. I managed to calm myself down while she was speaking. 

 

"Ara~ How humorous! A pitiful existence like you, I'm not sure how Aina managed to fall in love with someone like you. Well, it's been quite a show, but this little farce is going to end. Right here, right now." Said the white-haired beauty with an arrogant tone, almost sounding nostalgic in the middle. 

 

Approximately 8 big, buff guys in suits came out of parked cars, alleyways, and shady places. They had already encircled us while the woman had already stepped back and was far out of our reach. I panicked a bit but Suina's unfaltering expression comforted me a bit more. The only problem was that I was still in her arms. "H-hey. Can you let me down?" I asked her. She smiled and started to hug me even tighter, she was carrying me in a princess-style fashion. I could see a few of the men silently snicker at me as they closed in. Suina suddenly ran as fast as a rocket from my perspective. Unfortunately, that wasn't very true. 2 of the men blocked her as she ran towards them. What felt instant to me must've looked very normal from a different perspective. 

 

She stepped back, making some distance and finally put me down, my legs felt a bit iffy. Suina came close to me, whispering into my ear. "I'm going to make an opening, at that time, run. Okay, darling?"

 

As I was about to respond, she bolted past me, running back towards the same 2 men she tried running past before. She struck one on the side of his head, her speed fast, but definitely human-like. 'Is she holding herself back? No… She doesn't know how strong they could be…' I thought. My thoughts were interrupted by yelling and the imminent danger of the other men. 

 

"Run! Quickly!" Said Suina, waking me up and causing me to bolt forward, narrowly avoiding the one that was right behind me. I sprinted towards her, as she wrestled both of the men, keeping both of them relatively still. I wanted to help, in any way, shape, or form. But, I was too weak to do anything. 'I can at least try, even if it's the last thing I'll do…' 

 

{NO! Use this opportunity to run. Do not try to help.} 

 

'What's going to happen to her then!?!?' I asked. I was about to reach her, whether I ran past or helped, it was all up to this coming moment.

 

{Don't help. She opened this opportunity to help you. Do not let it go to waste. This is your last chance.} Said Azur, I could hear yelling in the back, coming from the woman who did all of this. The one who set this entire thing up.

 

Bang!

 

I fell to the ground. 'A gun…?' 

 

Blood formed a pool around me, the source coming from my leg. I couldn't feel any pain. I just saw blood, a bullet, and that woman. Holding a firearm. Pointing it right at me with an annoyed face. "Tch, clean this up. And grab that God damned girl already!" She said as she put the firearm away, walking towards me in a rush. She put her foot above my head and stomped down. One stomp. I put my arms up. Two stomps. My head bounced up and down. Three stomps. I covered my face with my hands. Four stomps. My vision started fading. The last thing I could hear was the incoherent mumbles of different people gathering around me and picking me up.

 

Alright I'm done writing, someone else is going to take over (maybe he said). So from now on (most likely) I am not going to be posting. But someone else is so this is still going to continue at the other author's will. If he declines then I'll either find someone else or just continue it myself.

 

31