Ever tried playing dumb
1.3k 13 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: Ever tried playing dumb

Arnold Kristoff, the male lead, the son of heaven, the protagonist, the one who is destined to be great, the one who'll stand above all his peers and leave his mark in the world. Well at least that's what Fae showed her in the plotline. Apparently, one of the perks of being attached to a system is that you get access to the storylines of the world. Once Miho steps foot on a new planet, Fae would automatically receive the plotline or fate of the world. He can also selectively choose to know the fates or plotlines of places Miho hasn't been to yet if he wants. That's how he was able to tell Miho in advance about the imminent destruction of the planet Aquamarine they were currently on.

It's not that she wasn't aware that Arnold Kristoff was the male lead before, in fact, he was the one that she accepted the Chimera extermination mission from. She wanted to use this as an opportunity to get in contact with him and inadvertently, get in contact with all the big bases around the world.

Him being the male lead was not what made her wary, what made her wary is what Fae told her all male leads and female leads have. A golden finger and an extraordinary amount of luck. In fact, hold a male lead or female lead at gunpoint with the intent to kill them and they will survive one way or the other. But this is not what makes her wary the most, what makes her wary the most is his golden finger. Which makes him impossible to beat.

Miho silently let Fae use the system scanner to scan the male lead. It's a good thing she did, as it let her see the absurdity that was called a skill.

Skills:

Passive: Break the limits IV, Passive regeneration, Ever burning will.

Active: shooting, Archery, hand to hand combat technique, fencing, boxing, meditation, politics, facial reading, intuition, presence perception, danger sense, swordsmanship.

The skill that Fae told her to be wary of was Break the limits IV. Cause that was this male lead's golden finger.

>>Break the limits IV<<

When HP goes below 40%, the next damage taken will be completely negated, be it mental, physical or spiritual for the next 10 seconds. While HP is 40% all stats rise continuously by multiples of ten until it reaches equal to or higher than the stats of the opponent. (Note, this is irrespective of the level or grade difference. It also scales when multiple strong enemies are fought at once, to achieve the same effect)

WARNING: THE USER WILL BE IN A FRENZIED STATE THROUGHOUT THE DURATION OF THIS PASSIVE SKILL. At least until he /she recognizes that there is no more danger.

__________________________________

Yes, only that skill alone is enough to achieve whatever one wants as a protagonist. Luckily, the protagonists are blissfully unaware of what their passive skills are. Whenever it is triggered in a fight, the protagonist would only think they went overboard and channelled their true potential. 

What crap?! No wonder the villain always loses in the end. It's because of damnable skills like these!!

[So that's the secret to the power of friendship, it had nothing to do with friendship all along]

Miho couldn't help but comment inside her mind, while Fae was saying something completely incomprehensible to her.

"May I check the recording, Miss Miho?" Arnold said, giving her a business smile.

Miho just nodded and passed him a memory card. He took the memory card, completely unfazed by her lack of manners and inserted it into a laptop next to him. Watching the content intently.

Miho just sat there and studied Arnold. Although he was seated here casually, nobody knew who he really was. Thanks to Fae showing her the plotline the previous night, Miho knew that Arnold Kristoff is the base leader of Mirage city but hardly comes out to the public, which makes people unaware of his true appearance. Although he is the base leader of Mirage city, he is also secretly in charge of Mirage city's underground under a different alias. And also a minor government official under another alias which he uses to spot talented people by hiring them to do a task for him as a mercenary. If they succeed, he'll accept them under his wing after stunning them with the great reveal of his identity and if they don't, well they died on the task. Miho originally took the task to kill a Chimera to test her limit as it was the hardest task Arnold Kristoff had at the time and also for this moment, for when she'll be alone with him during his review of her task completion.

She's going to have to be more direct now, cause there is not much time left.

<•>



Author's Note:  Double chapter updates this week as I am feeling motivated. Though short but paves the way for future explanations.

Don't forget to follow me if you like my work and to get first hand notifications on my publications.

Also, want to inspire me? Buy me coffee ☕

48