Chapter 16
1.2k 7 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16: meet Zi El

Zi El has served as an auctioneer at the Cromwell's family auction for six years and is proud to say that she is one of the best auctioneers the Cromwell family has. It is not an exaggeration to say that with her skills she's capable of selling anything she was given to auction out. And today, for this auction she was given an assignment. To make sure of the successful auctioning of an item that is rumored to be unsellable. The reward for completing this

assignment is a potential promotion. Then she'll no longer be just a mere auctioneer but maybe the manager of one of Cromwell family's auction houses. But before she gets ahead of herself, she still needs to first sell this seemingly unsellable item.

This item is very weird as it has been passed down to every talented auctioneer that has worked for the Cromwell family once they have reached a certain level. Although no auctioneer has been able to auction off this item for some reason. The auctioneer is forbidden to release any information about what this unsellable item is, even to their fellow co-workers. This ensures that not auctioneer will make any plans in advance in order to achieve selling this item.

And what is this unsellable item? 

"You've got to be kidding me." Zi El lamented in her room backstage of the auction house as she looked at the list of items she needed to auction off and the minimum prices for each of them. All the items on the list are okay, just some few weapons, defensive armaments, gene awakening fluid and some other Miscellaneous items. But what gave her a headache is the first item she needed to auction off. This was the legendary unsellable item. An out of date desert eagle handgun from the ancient era whose specs pale in comparison to even the lowest model of modern blasters. And now she has to sell it.

If it was still back in the golden age of civilization, then she would just make her targets rich customers that collect antics. At least that would have been easier. But in current times, a weapon like this is useless as it is both out-dated and out of production. In fact only one cartridge remains of its ammo remains. Not to mention all the eccentric collectors are out hovering in space at the moment so she sure as hell can't contact them at them moment.

At this moment, two knocks suddenly sounded from the closed door. Zi El recognized this knocking pattern, it is used by everyone working at the Cromwell's family auction house. It meant get ready.

After taking a deep breath to calm her mind, she got up and headed out the door…

26